Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Can I see your floor?

stargirlmama
2007-03-11, 4:42pm
I'm looking vamp up my work area. I'm set up in my garage I've prettied up my wall that I face while working and hubby is in the process of putting in new pretty counter top for my work top area but I'm really not digging my plain old concrete flooring. Whatcha got? I need ideas :waving:

Beyond the Bead
2007-03-11, 11:47pm
and I'm going to add one of those comfort pads since I like to stand.
If I had a concrete floor to work with, I'd get some of that great "Garage floor paint" and do something fun! Paint a faux rug...

stargirlmama
2007-03-12, 6:46pm
that's a really cool idea!
I had thought of putting down some vinyl tiles or flooring but I'm pretty sure that would only last about 10 mins before I burned a big hole in it with flying glass bits lol!

SquareOneBeads
2007-03-13, 11:30am
If you want tile there are hundreds of different slate and ceramic options for you to choose from and they would all be hot shop safe :)

done by noon
2007-03-15, 5:31pm
My husband and I have been building a basement studio. We have also been dealing with the, "What-do-we-do-with-the-floor?-question." If you do tile over an existing concrete floor - there are a whole bunch of really yucky steps that you are supposed to take including pouring something called levellin cement over the cement you already have. Then you are supposed to etch the cement so the tile will stick to it. Many many many steps. We have also been looking at painting the cement. There are some amazing examples if you just do a quickie google search for cement paint or faux cement paint. I'd love to see what you do. It sounds like you will get this step done far before we buy materials.
-molly

swanseafarm
2007-03-15, 5:34pm
that's a really cool idea!
I had thought of putting down some vinyl tiles or flooring but I'm pretty sure that would only last about 10 mins before I burned a big hole in it with flying glass bits lol!

They make solid vinyl tiles that are fire retardant. Very durable.

:)

stargirlmama
2007-03-16, 8:06am
They make solid vinyl tiles that are fire retardant. Very durable.

:)

I was thinking about that too. Kinda like the ones they use in restaurants that are heavy duty. I also am still tossing around that cement paint idea too. Took a trip to the hardware store and found a line of cement paint that they'll tint to any color I want. I'll take pics soon as I figure out what I'm gann do and do it :) Thanks all!

Leanne
2007-03-17, 11:29pm
my friend has industrial vinyl in her studio...still kind of makes a little burn mark if you drop hot glass but it is very very durable and a pretty blue colour.