Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Photographer Robert Diamante at PMC meeting tonight

Moonlight Creations
2007-03-14, 8:17am
Pipyr and I will be meeting world-reknown Robert Diamante this evening at our local PMC Guild meeting :p Does anyone have any questions they'd like to ask? I know I need lots of help with my macro settings. FMI check out http://www.robertdiamante.com/

Peace, Sonje

desertkat
2007-03-14, 2:15pm
Could you maybe just post ALL the helpful info he gives you;-)
Really, I wouldn't even know where to begin with questions...lighting, sharpness, macro, background, shadow??
Thanks for any help you can pass along!

Moonlight Creations
2007-03-14, 7:51pm
It was a great meeting tonight! Robert took off running ... not only is he talented, he's a great speaker and funny too! The most important tip he gave was when you are ready to take photos of your work to be juried either for a show or gallery, that's when you should be looking for a professional photographer who has experience in macro, glass, and jewelry. You'll be paying for their expertise. He said that you'll know when the time comes to hiring a pro!

Lighting - diffused, natural lighting is best. Light from the backside will produce a darker image and too much from the front can wash it out. Know your camera's ability and use the settings to get the best image. Props should blend in with the image you're shooting - you want the viewer to focus on your art, not the background. Place objects on a matte surface rather than highly reflective glass or mirror. Beads and jewerly are difficult to shoot. Your computer monitor and your printer should be takling the same language when it comes to color prints. Monitors display in RGB (red/green/blue) and printers in CMYK (cyan/magenta/yellow/black). You should be able to edit them to view in CMYK.

I hope that Pipyr will think of more suggestions to add to these. Hope this was helpful! Sonje