Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : get bubbles

Smokeylady54
2007-03-22, 3:37pm
How do you get bubbles in fused glass???????
Thank you

gwacie
2007-03-22, 3:40pm
On purpose? Or in error?

Smokeylady54
2007-03-22, 3:43pm
For real, I have a friend that really wants to do this and can not figure out
how. She makes glass fused pendants.

gwacie
2007-03-22, 4:10pm
Well, a tiny bit of baking soda should do it (just like it does with torched beads), but go very light on the application.

If she wants controlled bubble placement then her design has to be set up so that air gets trapped in specific places - this would be easier in like a large plate or bowl.

I suggest you send her over to warmglass.com and do a search for intentional bubbles or bubbles in design or something like that!

Smokeylady54
2007-03-22, 4:28pm
Thank you
I joined this site as I am super new to lampworking.
I know it was not the correct question, But I was sure someone
could help out
THANK YOU AGAIN

Rose Leslie
2007-03-22, 5:14pm
I would think you could do the same as the beads. Partially fuse the base of the fused piece.Then quickly push the flower frog onto the base. Then layer your glass and see if it works when you fuse it the rest of the way. Good luck. When I can in the future I will try this also. Or do this with the middle piece. If it didn't work you would just have a fused piece.

LAG
2007-03-22, 9:20pm
Place two pieces of compatible glass together that have a lot of texture. ie: reed glass, one place dcrosswise from the other (produces a uniform pattern of bubbles) and take your glass at a faster speed through the 1100 to 1300 degree area (usually slowed down at those temps to allow bubbles to escape). I love bubbles in glass!!

Does this make since?

LAG
2007-03-22, 9:22pm
And you can use a base sheet of glass, add lots of frit, and add a transparent cover over the frit to help trap air.....