Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Call For Vessels!!!!

Tink
2007-03-30, 4:20pm
I'm doing some scholarly presentations over the next couple of years, and am putting out the call for some great vessel images.

They can be vessels created with the hollow bead method, core forming or blown. Soft glass, boro, any type of glass is fine. Here are some more details:

Size of the work should be up to, but no larger than, 20cm (7.87 inches).
Must be a functional vessel, not a vessel-shaped bead.
Must be made on a torch, not from a furnace or crucible kiln.
Image Size: 1280 x 1024I have a release form for you to download at:
http://blackswampglassworks.com/tinkreleaseform.doc
I must have a signed copy of this to consider your work for inclusion.

This is an ongoing project: Presentations will be given in Ireland, Spain and several other locations around the globe. There is no deadline at this point, though to be considered for inclusion in the Ireland/Spain presentations, I'll need images no later than the 28th of April. I have no desire to make these presentations "The Tink Show", and would like to include the work of a broad range of artists. I encourage you to submit your work!

More information will be posted here on an as-needed basis. If you wish to keep up on this topic, please remember to subscribe to this thread.

Completed release forms and images can be emailed to me at: tink@blackswampglassworks.com

Good luck!

Tink

Tink
2007-03-30, 7:24pm
I have also uploaded the release form as a PDF file:
http://blackswampglassworks.com/tinkreleaseform.pdf

Kalera
2007-03-30, 8:51pm
Hm, you need it by my birthday... I might be able to pull that off, if I don't flake out! :D I haven't made any vessels for a while... the last one was for the sisterbrotherhood game.

kerribeads
2007-03-30, 10:47pm
I'm in! This has inspired me to try other styles.....hmmmm.......;)

Tink
2007-03-31, 6:00am
Thanks, guys!

Happy birthday, Kalera :-)

Norskiglass
2007-03-31, 10:45am
These are little:)54459

Heart Fire
2007-04-01, 2:34pm
Cool Tink, I'll send you some pics as well as the release form. I'm so looking forward to taking classes from you this month.

Lois

Lea Zinke
2007-04-01, 2:38pm
Hi Tink! I'll do it if I can take a good enough pic! (Very techno-challenged!)
Lea

Dave
2007-04-02, 6:14am
Hi Tink, I'd love to participate. Cheryl Cobern-Browne is one of my favorite people in the whole world - you will absolutely love her. And actually I just posted a this vessel in yesterday's show and tell... Let me know if you meets your needs or not and I can send the hi-res ones. Hope you're having a great week.

http://www.dbutts.com/artglass/images/galleries/vessels/PleasantValleyVessel-web.jpg

Tink
2007-04-02, 6:52am
Fabulous, guys! Dave, that's lovely! Send on the hi-res pics everyone.

Anne Ricketts
2007-04-02, 8:50am
Man I hope Vickie sees this!! She has been doing some awesome bird vessels since your class!!

Tink
2007-04-02, 9:01am
I emailed her :-)

So for those of you watching this thread, if anyone is looking for me, I am really really sick right now. I suspect pneumonia. But on top of being ill, I have a committment this week at a friend's studio. Bottom line is, I may be hard to reach.

Islandgirl
2007-04-02, 2:27pm
Out of curiosity is there anyway to subscribe to a thread without posting to it? I usually forget to subscribe when I post and simple edits don't let you subscribe either????8-[

Lynne

Kalera
2007-04-02, 3:06pm
Thanks, guys!

Happy birthday, Kalera :-)

Thanks, Tink! :)

fyrebeadz*
2007-04-03, 8:51am
Here is one of mine, now if I can figure out how to do the rest of the requirements, I'll send them on!

fyrsmith
2007-04-03, 4:21pm
Hey Tink, sorry to hear you are sick, get well soon!!!

How about this one? Its boro, blown from the end of a boro tube, ground airtight stopper. Called "Lupine Garden". I do have high res files of several views of it.

-Don-

vichall
2007-04-04, 7:47am
Yes!

Do you want to put a limit on how many photos we send? :biggrin:

I'm just addicted to vessels lately. I even begged Jen Geldard this weekend at her class here at Blue Moon until she taught us how to do it her way. So now my head is full of even more new ideas. If there were only more time...

I've gotta get photos of some of the newer ones. Here are a couple of e-formed birds.

Vickie

Moth
2007-04-05, 9:06pm
Those bird vessels are drop dead gorgeous.

scouncil
2007-04-12, 4:36pm
the BIRDS are FABULOUS!!!

vichall
2007-04-12, 5:55pm
Thanks!
I just keep making birds and trying everything I know on them. ;-)
Vickie

Tink
2007-04-12, 6:04pm
Just trying to get back up to speed here and wanted to check in on this thread. STUNNING work, everyone! Now get those photos in to me!

Thirteenmoons
2007-04-16, 10:10pm
Hi Tink! Hope you're feeling better! Do you need to have exclusives on the submitted images or can they be submitted to other venues/publications?

Tink
2007-04-16, 10:25pm
Hi Lauren! No exclusives, and it doesn't matter to me how or where the images have been or may be used.

So guess how many images I've gotten..... ZERO. As much as I've tried to avoid it, the presentation is indeed turning into The Tink Show. Bleah.

tehale
2007-04-17, 6:50am
Hey, Tink! I sent you one yesterday. Didja' get it?

http://www.jms101.btinternet.co.uk/basic_sets/misc/leprechaun/smiley.gif

Tink
2007-04-17, 7:32am
Nope. Try again though. I was having some problems with attachments yesterday.

tehale
2007-04-17, 8:13am
On the way!

Thirteenmoons
2007-04-17, 8:15am
I'll get some to you then babe! ;)

Venessa
2007-04-17, 2:13pm
Hm, you need it by my birthday... I might be able to pull that off, if I don't flake out! :D I haven't made any vessels for a while... the last one was for the sisterbrotherhood game.

I have a Kalera vessel, and it rocks!!

fyrsmith
2007-04-18, 2:54pm
Well, can't have just a "Tink show". [-( I can't believe you haven't got a greater response to this. I'll send you pics tonight. Glad you are home and feeling better!!!!!!!

-Don-

vichall
2007-04-18, 6:29pm
I sent some pics last night. I'll blame it on taxes that it took me this long. Oh, right, my DH did those. Hmmmm...
Vickie

Rapunsel
2007-04-20, 9:21am
I have some......I will take better pictures and send them........I hope I'm good enough or is what you want............here's one, I'll retake (better pic)

Jennifer Geldard
2007-04-24, 12:57pm
Quick question... how does one fill in the blanks on a pdf file in order to email it back ?
Do I need to print it out, fill it in by hand and then scan it back in as an image file?

fyrsmith
2007-04-24, 11:44pm
I had the same question about how to provide a "real" signature.

-Don-

Tink
2007-04-25, 12:01am
Some folks have printed the form, signed it, then sent it via snail mail. Others have printed, signed, then scanned it in to send it via email. And one person printed it, signed it, then faxed it back to me. 419-574-4017 is my fax number.

Jennifer Geldard
2007-04-25, 5:51am
ok.. Thanks Tink!

Griffin Dove
2007-04-28, 5:34am
http://www.mindspring.com/~griffindove/splash_beads1.jpg

Are you accepting process shots???

The vessel is still on the mandrel! LOL....those core forms.

Deanna

truegem
2007-05-04, 4:35pm
William...those hollows are amazing!

truegem
2007-05-04, 5:08pm
Vickie, have all your birds been vessels? I didn't notice that before until I saw the cork. I really love them. I collect birds, so someday I will probably have to have one.

Tink
2007-05-04, 5:21pm
Deanna, just looking for finished shots at this point. I'm happy to say that more submissions have been coming in. Thank you! I have three versions of the presentation: One that IS just The Tink Show (as that's what is sometimes expected), one that is kind of an expanded Tink Show that talks about where I live, the Glass Pavilion, my history as an artist, etc..

The final one is more about the vessels themselves: Vessels from a historical perspective, functionality, etc.. This is the presentation wherein I'll be using the submitted images. I've been adding to it as new images come in, and will continue to do so for the forseeable future.

Thanks so much for your submissions and input!

Kalera
2007-05-04, 5:34pm
Damn it I keep forgetting about this... I have a pic, and then I dled the form and lost it.

Marcy
2007-05-07, 5:05am
It's too late now, isn't it?

Marcy

Tink
2007-05-07, 6:53am
It's never too late, Marcy!

I will be adding images to my presentation on an ongoing basis.

Islandgirl
2007-05-08, 3:43am
That's good to know, that you still want pictures... We're just suppose to post them to this thread? You don't want us to email you a huge version of the picture at some point in time? If it's still sunny tomorrow I might get some pictures taken!

You can use mine as a before Tink (ie self taught) and after Tink... I'm taking your Friday class in Rockland Maine in July!

Lynne

Heidi von Frozenfyre
2007-05-08, 3:07pm
hummmmmm interesting.

Tink
2007-05-08, 3:35pm
I need high quality images that are appropriate for digital viewing... i.e. PowerPoint. They don't need to be print quality.

SadiesJewels
2007-05-08, 10:29pm
I'll try to send some tomorrow!

Sadie

Islandgirl
2007-05-09, 1:50pm
Tink, I just got an email back saying that your mailbox is full !

Let us know when you want more pictures!

Lynne

Tink
2007-05-09, 3:55pm
Hi guys!

LOTS of folks have sent me HUGE files over the last few days. As I'm out of the country, I've been grabbing my email with my laptop, but not downloading the mail off the server, so that it will be there when I get home.

How about if we impose a moratorium on new photos until June 5th? I can't do anything with them while I'm away anyhow.

Thanks!

vichall
2007-05-10, 6:32am
Oops, Patti, I hadn't checked up on this thread in a while and missed your question. Yes, the sculptural birds are all vessels. Most are made with Tink's blown vessel method for the body, then head and wings added. I have also made a few with Jennifer Geldard's vessel technique, where both the neck and bottom of the vessel are supported and the body is built like a hollow, then the head and wings are added. Those tend to be be larger.

I haven't made any birds in a few weeks and tried recently, only to have some losses. It's hard to keep it all warm until everything is finished! This bird has a last minute "tink" in one wing which I couldn't find until it was cool.

Tink, do you want to collect photos ongoing into the future? I already submitted three, but they will continue to evolve I hope.

Vickie

PixieFireBeads
2007-06-26, 4:56pm
Those bird vessels are drop dead gorgeous.

Everything is drop dead gorgeous!

SadiesJewels
2007-07-02, 9:03am
I dropped the ball on this one ... grr ... Is it still worth sending to you?

Tink
2007-07-02, 10:11am
It's definitely still worth sending! This is really an open-ended proposition: The dates mentioned above were for being able to include others' works in my presentation in Spain in May.

More and more of the venues where I teach ask that I do either a scholarly presentation or personal presentation: the Appalachian Center for Craft, Corning... So I have lots of opportunities coming up to help you guys show off your work :-)

SadiesJewels
2007-07-02, 6:05pm
Whoo hooo .... I'll make sure I get on it!

pambead
2007-10-20, 6:39am
Hi Tink..I feel so lucky to have looked at LE right now, I am one of the "once a year if that observers". I would love to be a part of this. Do you need only the photos..any description or how to ? When is the deadline..can it be something I already have completed?
Pam Wolfersberger

Tink
2007-10-22, 9:44pm
There's no deadline for this. I only ask that the works submitted meet the above listed requirements. I have received some really great images of very nice work only to find that the submissions were not true vessels.