Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : HoneyBee Tutorial

Margrieten
2007-04-01, 12:52am
Hello Everybody!

I am trying to make a honeybee for a nice Lady because it reminds her at her father who died.

He kept them (honeybees)

Is here anyone who kan help me with a little tutorial so I can make one?

The Mad Beader
2007-04-01, 3:17am
OK, here it is. This is an older picture of one of my bees but I hope you get the idea. Sorry, the leaf on the flower bead is kind of covering his head. lol

1- Make a small cone out of yellow glass
2- Use a thin black stringer and make a spiral around the cone, melt in
3- Make a small black bead as close to the large end of the cone as possible. This will be the head.
4- Make the black bead round and when it is still glowing hold the mandrel vertical with the head at the top so the glass droops down and touches the cone.
5- Now heat up the head again and bring the head down this time so you will make the dimple at the hole.
6- Make two blobs of clear glass on what would be the bees back. Smash the blobs to make the wings.
7- Place two tiny dots of what on the black head where the eyes will be. I use the wings as a guide and place just a tad bit closer.
8- Place a small dot of black stinger on top of the white to finish the eyes.

So that is how I make mine but you may get other ideas from other people as well. You can also use a light or pale amber for the wings, but I use clear. Have fun and show us how they turn out.
Bindy

Margrieten
2007-04-01, 11:48am
Wow! Thank you so much for your Tut!

The Mad Beader
2007-04-01, 12:55pm
No problem, hope it works for you.