Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : How to make...

JMDesigns
2007-04-01, 10:37pm
cupcakes and donougsh (small sized?)

The Mad Beader
2007-04-02, 1:34am

I use the pastille press for my donuts. If you have one this is what I do. Read all the instructions first because I describe how to make a nifty little tool to help make the donuts.

1 -Using brown glass make a small bead and shape into a lemon shape. Press in the smallest hole.
2- Take small piece of round graphite, about 1/2" long and about 3 to 4mm wide, and put it in a pin vise. Tighten it up but not so much that you would crush the graphite. I use a larger pin vise for this.
3- Heat the flat surface of the bead up and make a dent in the middle where a donut hole would be. Do the same thing for the other side.
4- Take a thick stinger and melt a circle on the top of the donut around the hole. You can use the tool you just made to make sure the glass doesn't close up on you in the middle.
5- Take the same stringer and make drips of icing on the sides and melt in so it is smooth but NOT all melted in. You want it raised.
6- I then put some sprinkles on it in another color.

There you go. If you need any other directions just let me know and I can see about getting you some photos. But there is a picture attached so you can see what they look like.

You know I have about 30 to 40 different sculptural beads I do. I have no idea how other people make them so I keep trying until it looks like what I am after. I swear I should write a booklet on them. lol

Oh and I also do cupcakes but for some reason I have no pictures of them. I'll try and get that for you as soon as I can but maybe someone else will chime in here.

Kevan
2007-04-02, 1:56am
For cupcakes, turn you oven onto 350 degrees....

Oh you mean beads? ;-)

Oh look...donuts....cute.

JMDesigns
2007-04-02, 4:16am
LOL Thanks! I know how to make real cupcake...

playswithfire104
2007-04-02, 6:01pm
Aren't they so cute! Thanks Bindy!!!

The Mad Beader
2007-04-02, 8:06pm
Aren't they so cute! Thanks Bindy!!!

You're welcome!

Parrotise
2007-04-05, 10:16am
Have you ever seen Kim Miles' cupcakes? Ok, that doesn't sound right, lol! For some inspiration check out her site. They are fantastic!

http://www.kimmiles.com/

JMDesigns
2007-04-06, 9:10am
I have, they are pretty pricey for one cupcake... I then realized that I have a friend who does lampwork....and I made special order from her :)

thebeadgal
2007-07-03, 8:11am
Oh!! If ANYONE has any tips they would be greatly appreciated!! I am dying to make some delish-non-edible goodies too! :D
Ileana

Parrotise
2007-07-03, 4:55pm
Ileana, come join us in the patio in the glass food (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57063)exchange!

stargirl
2007-07-11, 8:34am
I have made cupcake beads a couple of times...for my method I started with creating the base of the cupcake...think cone shape but without a pointed end. You can start with a small barrel and then add extra glass to one side..marver a little bit to get it to be the right shape. Then, add the icing to the wider part of the cone, I use white because it is so soft. I melt a really big blop of white, then wrap it starting at the base of the wider end of the cone...all the way to the top of the icing, until it looks visually pleasing. Then heat up the base again and use a razor tool to add the little vertical creases that make the cupcake look like a cupcake (sorry I can't think of a better way to explain it...lol). Then add colored sprinkles to your icing with tiny dots from stringer. Hope some of this makes sense. Here is a pic:

psb34psb
2007-07-11, 8:10pm
Making me HUNGRY!!! :)

beadreaming
2007-07-18, 1:44pm
Thank you for the instructions! These are my first cupcakes
http://www.beadreaming.net/cupcake2.jpg

lavendar420
2007-07-18, 3:24pm
Mary, that's awesome. lol.

GlassGalore
2007-07-18, 6:34pm
Mary... You're supposed to keep the cats OFF the counter when you're baking. :)

Parrotise
2007-07-18, 7:02pm
A kitty-cup! He's adorable!!! Mary, I see a whole birthday line here. You can match the cup color up with the birthstone.

PJD
2007-07-18, 10:19pm
Mary, that has to be the cutest bead I've ever seen! Way to go!
Paula

beadreaming
2007-07-23, 12:06am
Thank you so much for the compliments! Still need to practice how to make cupcakes to look as nice as Janet's.

Vicki, what a great idea...birthstone cupcakes!!!!

stargirl
2007-07-24, 2:42pm
Mary, I think your cupcakes are awesome! Love the kitty :) Glad the instructions inspired you!

Just Nancy
2007-07-24, 8:16pm
Janet, Fabulous!

Mary, Very cute.