Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : dolphin tutorial???

Sheltie19
2007-04-03, 5:52am
I had a request for a dolphin ... He wants me to make them into earrings for his girlfriend... I would appreciate any idea's on how to make the dolphin...
Thanks,
Sheltie

meister1981
2007-04-03, 6:39am
You'd probably be better off to watch Lewis C wilson's DVD on sculptural glass working where you would get a good idea of how to make animals including a dolphin etc but a tiny dolphin out of probably soft glass would probably be a big challenge but everything is possible.

Rose Leslie
2007-04-03, 7:38am
I have his DVD and it is one great piece of work. Just wish he would have used a different background. I took it to the doctors office yesterday and watched on one of the small compact players. So educational and all it wasn't a wasted trip. Want to get a couple of more from his series.

Gillianbeads
2007-04-03, 9:00am
Where did you get the DVD from? I'd love to buy it...looking to try a hippo.

Margrieten
2007-04-03, 10:01am
There was one here, but I saw he was removed. But perhaps you can mail him:

http://www.marshglass.com/

Robinj
2007-04-03, 10:35am
You might be able to rent it from smartflix.com

La Bianca
2007-04-04, 11:50am
Here is the link for the DVD. http://www.glass-supply.com/video-animal-dvd.html

meister1981
2007-04-04, 12:26pm
You might be able to rent it from smartflix.com

I'll second this! Rent it from smartflix it is worth the $9.99 to rent it.

Sheltie19
2007-04-04, 12:57pm
You'd probably be better off to watch Lewis C wilson's DVD on sculptural glass working where you would get a good idea of how to make animals including a dolphin etc but a tiny dolphin out of probably soft glass would probably be a big challenge but everything is possible.

Well.... I have done some sculpture work already... and they have turned out great.. and I have made animals already.... I was at a bead store yesterday and found a fish that looked alot like a dolphin.. bought it so I can look at it and get a base to start with.... I do use soft glass... and I get along great.
Right now I can't afford a dvd... but I guess I will just find a pic of a dolphin and use my fish I found at the bead store and play around...
Sheltie

Fana
2007-04-04, 3:18pm
Google images is a big help. Some of the pictures just on the first page show the shape quite nicely.
I was hunting frog pictures yesterday :)

country kid
2007-04-04, 8:39pm
Hi Seltie
This is off mandrel, you can add a bead to the fin or whatever feels right to you to make it an earring http://www.marshglass.net/tutorials/dolphin/dolphin%20tut.html I made a couple with tutorial and it wasn't hard
Kare

Rose Leslie
2007-04-04, 8:59pm
Mike wasn't removed. He has been sick. Had a triple bypass. So that is why he hasn't been on the forum. So I got my DVD from Arrow Springs. They have some really cool ones available. Every thing you want and some more. Hope this helps. OK I spoke to soon. I checked his site. It has been removed. My problem. But this is probably why. He has just been back home in Texas. Which should be soon that he is back up and working with glass.

Sheltie19
2007-04-05, 8:01am
thanks for all you info....
Sheltie

LisaAF
2007-04-11, 8:29am

Does he work with boro or soft glass?

chrisann
2007-04-16, 7:04am
he works with both but the scupltural dvd they are speaking of is for boro. He also has and animal bead one in soft glass I believe, for beads. I just ordered the first 2 in a series of 5 for boro. I should get them this week.
chrisann