Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : GLASS SUPPlIERS!! Do any of you have the Purpley batch of Rubino 456? Please!!

Peach Blossom Beads
2007-04-09, 10:23am
Hi suppliers of wonderful glass:

EDITED: I finally figured out that I need VETROFOND rubino. It wasn't a different batch at all, just vetrofond - I have the rocky and regular. (the way they were marked it was hard to figure out what I have). So, who's got it? Anyone? I haven't seen it anywhere.

Do any of you have the purpley batch of rubino that was like 1 or 2 batches ago (maybe before the winter/fall?)? The rods are kind of clear (but not as clear as the kiln strike batch) and the rubino strikes pretty dark and pretty much more purple than fucshia. I need to order some glass and I need more of this color, so whomever has it wins!

Maybe it was vetrofond? Maybe it's rocky rubino but the last time I got it there were no rocks. The first time I got it there were very very few and I'm not even sure they were really rocks.

By the way, LB Supplies - Jon... you sent me some before the winter as a free gift (I actually thought it may have been/may be vetrofond rocky rubino at first b/c there were a few impurities in it but now I don't know). It was just marked 456 rubino. I think when I bought the next 1/4lb of it I got it from Moretti & More or Frantz.

I appreciate it and hope to hear from everyone soon.

Thank you!!!!!!

Reenie
2007-04-11, 2:01am
Do you have a sample you can show of the rod not heated and then heated? I can check to see if I have the batch your talking about":-)
Irene

Peach Blossom Beads
2007-04-11, 6:39am
Reenie:
Did you see that I edited b/c I figured out it's just regular vetrofond rubino?

I'll try to get a pic later if I can (may not be able to) but in the mean time could you see if you have the vetrofond? The rods are almost clear and it strikes a darker, more plum wine color than moretti. (it would probably be labeled vetrofond or 791456). Thanks so much. I appreciate it.

Reenie
2007-04-11, 10:27am
I got my shipment in yesterdaay and I have the Vertrofond Pink Rubino!!!!
Actually everyone has been out of it, I'm surprised I got it but it's here!!
Do you need me to take a picture of the color?? The rods are not perfectly clear, there is a hint of pink to it like a transparent pink.
It's in 40 inch lengths at the moment but it will be cut and cleaned today and ready to ship by tomorrow.
Let me know.....
Irene

Peach Blossom Beads
2007-04-11, 1:53pm
Reenie:
Those are it. That's the color of the rods. It's also rocky rubino - I have both and they're both the same color, 1 just has rocks! lol!
Where did you order it from?? I need to order other glass so I'd rather place an order with a glass company before buying it from you. I appreciate the offer from you and Kimberly and I'll let you know. If I can't find it I'll probably take you up on it.
Thanks! Let me know where you got it.

Bruna
2007-04-11, 2:39pm
I think that the rubino Reenie is refering to isn't a personal batch, but the shipment for her store. :) click her signature

Peach Blossom Beads
2007-04-11, 2:44pm
Oh - I had no idea! Thanks!

ETA: Reenie: would you mind taking a pic of a rod with the end struck? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks so much.

Reenie
2007-04-11, 9:08pm
LOL Thanks Bruna. "New Glass Supplier Here!" Haven't learned to be aggressive yet lol. That comes later.
I'll take a pic tonite for you and put some aside just in case you want to order it. This post has generated alot of orders for it!!!
Let me get it striked and photographed, I'll send it then
Irene

Reenie
2007-04-11, 10:34pm
Here's the pic. I don't normally stand up and torch but I did this really quick. The smaller piece I got too low in the flame so it has the metalic black...icky part.
I only struck it once or twice.
Hope this is what you were looking for.
Irene

Reenie
2007-04-12, 2:11am
testing

Reenie
2007-04-12, 2:23am
what you see are air bubbles....I'm not sure if the rocky rubino does that or not but I would assume that if it was the rocky rubino pink that they would have to specify it on the invoice and it would be cheaper than the normal rubino right?
This just states 791456 Vetrofond Pink Gold. $38.00 per pound.
If anyone has the rocky rubino...I'd love to see the pic so I can see the difference in the two because I've never ordered that before.
Irene

Reenie
2007-04-12, 2:27am
I got my Rocky Rubino from Frantz. Quite a while back. Some of it has rocks, some doesn't. Beautiful color!!

Kim,
Do the rods rocky and not rocky look the same? I've never seen the rocky one's to know the difference! I do however see streaks through the glass...not quite crystal clear if that makes sense...
Thanks
Irene

Peach Blossom Beads
2007-04-12, 10:37am
Reenie:
Yes, that's the rocky rubino. That's what it looks like. All of the suppliers were selling it for 1/2 price. They had it for $20.00 lb. I won't order from galaxy glass because she always had it for the regular price ($38.00) and that's just wrong. (which means she's charging double)

Give me a couple of day to see what else I need and hold onto that rubino for me. Thanks for doing that. I really appreciate it.

Peach Blossom Beads
2007-04-12, 11:15am
Ok... Vetro Rubino and Rocky Rubino are the same color. I have both. The other night I was using the rocky and the ends of the rods bubbled. Not the whole rod, but the ends... just like in your pic above. I was got pretty aggravated b/c I had to keep pulling glass off to get to the good part but once I did I was happy again.
So, I'm going to say that what you have above is the rocky. Also, the rocky that I have really didn't have any rocks... I think I found 3 or 4 in 3 rods. You can't see a difference in the 2.

However, it would matter how much you paid for it, too. Did you pay full price? If so, then it's probably regular but I would love to know if those bubbles are only on the end or down the whole rod. (tell me you're getting a discount on this stuff and making money selling glass - don't answer that, none of my business, but I hope you're not paying full price.)

Reenie
2007-04-12, 2:34pm
$38.00 is the listed price for this glass. Some may have it on sale but Galaxy Glass is not charging you double. That's what I'm selling mine for because if I didn't...then I'd be giving it away! Alot of the well known suppliers can afford to sell it cheaper. One day....I hope I can too but I'm just starting out and don't have all the fantastic giveaways like others do at the the present time.
Sorry.
But again...If I have the Rocky Rubino I think it should have been noted on my invoice. I'm going to call now and find out because I thought the Rocky Rubino is cheaper!!!
I'll let you know what I find out
Irene

Reenie
2007-04-12, 2:47pm
Okay...(boy learning new stuff everyday) According to Frantz...if I had the Rocky Rubino the item number would be 791456-R
Mine does not have the "R" so they are saying I have the regular rubino. They also said that the rods would have bits of black through the rods...(the rocks) Mine don't. She's pulling my invoice and checking the batch and will let me know for sure. I just wish I had a picture of both to make it easier to distinguish. So at this point...I'm still not sure....
I'll be waiting for her to call back
Irene

Reenie
2007-04-12, 3:41pm
Okay...I've inspected all my rods and I see what everyone is talking about. Some of these rods are okay...no whitish rocks.. some I see some whitish it bits of rocks I guess..
So I was sent the wrong stuff. It's been taken care of and I will have Rock free Rubino in a few days. I'll hold on to this batch and let everyone know who's ordered some that it is the Rocky Rubino and see if they want to wait for the correct stuff to get here. Should have it by Wednesday.
Thanks for starting the post....I didn't want to sell something else then what I had listed!
Irene
PS Kim....Please show your pics..I'd like to see yours and compare...I'll throw some of my rods up tonite too!

Peach Blossom Beads
2007-04-12, 7:17pm
Reenie:
I have no problem buying the rocky rubino. Actually, I'd prefer that b/c it's cheaper.

What I ws saying about galaxy glass is this - she was selling the rocky rubino. The NON-DISCOUNTED price from Frantz was $20.00 lb. If she's buying it from them, I'd imagine she's getting a discount b/c I doubt she's buying less than 5lbs. at a time. Regarless of whether or not she did, Frantz only charged $20.00 and she charged $38.00.
ALL of the suppliers charged $20 for this stuff, even the little guys b/c that's how much it cost. She was charging double for the ROCKY RUBINO not the regular.

Now, if you have the rocky rubino I'll take it. I think your supplier should refund you or if you're buying the regular stuff too, they should only charge you the difference. Know what I mean?

And yes, Kimberly is right, the rods have tiny white rocks and NOT all of the rods have them.

I KNEW from your pic you had the rocky. The regular doesn't bubble like that. And you can't ditinguish between the 2 unless you're holding a rod with rocks in it. Otherwise they look exactly the same.

Can you please let me know if you can sell me some of the cheaper stuff for the cheaper price? You'll be getting some of your money back, right?

Thanks!! If it's easier, PM me.

Peach Blossom Beads
2007-04-13, 8:09am
Kimberly, you shouldn't have to take any pics. There's no reason to... they won't look any different from Irene's. SHe has to see the difference herself, which she already has.

It's great of you to try to help out. Thanks.

Reenie
2007-04-15, 11:36pm
I've lowered the price the best that I could. They are working on sending me the regular pink rubino. I've got this stuff for sale for $23.00 per pound.
Hope that helps some:-)
Irene

Reenie
2007-04-16, 2:49pm
Okay I got the low down on the Vetrofond Pink Rubino today! Thanks Jaimie!
Both are made from rocky stuff. The premium stuff just has the rocks taken out. Does that make sense???
So it must be very hard to distinguish! I got the right stuff on it's way and I still have some of the rocky with "rocks" in it for sale cheaper.
Hope that clarifies it. I'm glad you asked about the glass. I've learned something!!!!
Irene

lldesigns
2007-04-16, 3:03pm
What I want to know is how it got rocks in it in the first place?

Reenie
2007-04-17, 1:23am
Ya know what...I'm gonna find out!!!!
I'm on a mission now! :idea:
Irene

Reenie
2007-04-17, 10:08am
LOL Kimberly....we must have inquired about the same time. That's what i was told too. There's sure alot of work going into producing that color....I just love the rubino...either way I think I'd take it!
Irene

Reenie
2007-04-20, 1:55am
I've got both batches now....so if anyone still needs some just let me know:-)
Irene