Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : How do you hook up a flashback arrestor to an oxy. concentrator?

AVTrout
2007-04-16, 5:31pm
I got an Invacare O2 concentrator and flashback arrestors for my propane and concentrator. Trouble is, I can't hook the brass arrestor onto the little black tubing nib that is on the concentrator. And is an arrestor really necessary on a concentrator?

loco
2007-04-16, 5:42pm
A concentrator does not need a flashback arrestor. It would just impede the flow and most likely cause the alarm to go off.

AVTrout
2007-04-16, 8:18pm
Should I just cut off the brass connector on the green hose and stick it onto the little black nib on the concentrator?

squid
2007-04-16, 8:22pm
the brass connector on the hose should screw onto an end that has a tube that fits onto that nib. If you don't have that connector end, look in the side panel on the concentrator (if it has one). IN mine, there was an extra filter and an extra end thingy.

What you are looking for is a screw end that is inserted into a clear hose. This slides over the nib. It will be about 4 inches long.

AVTrout
2007-04-16, 8:40pm
O U T S T A N D I N G advice! Went to the studio, found the box on the side, hooked 'er up and it works PERFECT! Thanks!

squid
2007-04-16, 8:41pm
I'm so glad you found it! I didn't know I even had that box until a guy that was testing one of mine for me showed me :lol: