Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : digital camera upload HELP needed

Sue in Maine
2007-04-17, 4:38am
OK, I'm back from St. Louis and haven't posted a proper thank you to the St. Louis lampworkers I met because I cannot get the fracking pictures to upload to the computer. I plug the camera in and turn it on. All I get is the back of the camera saying "USB" and a couple of symbols, which I can't remember now (of course!). The computer screen allows me to name the picture file, which I do, but the rest of the page is slightly different. Before it used to say "next" at the bottom and I'd click on that and the program would do its thng. NOW what I get is a box saying "options" and when I click on that, I don't have a fracking clue what it's going to for screens.

I even deleted the program and reloaded it from the original disk. I'm using ... um, er.,,,, I'm at work and cannot think of the name of the damned program.

I don't know what to do. Can anyone advise me-- in simple kindergarten terms since I'm really computer illiterate.

Thanks for whatever advice you can give me. Oh, and packing the computer back up cuz I'm too dumb to use it is NOT an option! lol

Sue

KathyDinBC
2007-04-17, 8:34am
Sue, since we don't know what program it is or anything, maybe you can try getting the pictures without using the program. You can you try going to 'my computer' (with your camera plugged in to the computer, of course) - my camera always shows as a 'removable disk'. Choose the disk that is your camera (mine is always called 'Nikon') and open it just like you were exploring your C drive. You'll see all the files on the camera's memory card. Then you can select them all and copy them. Paste into a folder on your hard drive. When you open one of them from your hard drive, your default image editing program should open them up.

sculptorgirl
2007-04-17, 9:18am
You can you try going to 'my computer' (with your camera plugged in to the computer, of course) - my camera always shows as a 'removable disk'.
Kathy gave you a great option!

Sue in Maine
2007-04-18, 4:20am
I will print this out and try it.

In the middle of the night (when I get all my good ideas!), I thought that maybe I had filled up the memory in the file on the computer within the program that stores the pictures. Is that a possibility? I don't have multiple files.... don't know how to open a second one. My daughter created a file labeled "Sues file" and that's it for me! Awful being such a dinosaur.

Thanks for the tip. I will try it.

Sue

bolimasa
2007-04-20, 7:59pm
With my pentax software I can just plug in the usb cord and treat it like a drive. Gotta remember to turn on the camera though

Personally I'm a big fan of card readers!!! Just stick the card in, and read the files. No special software necessary, no wasting camera batteries.

Dale M.
2007-04-20, 8:22pm
They make these little books called instructions, they usually come with cameras...

It should either come up on PC as a new "drive" when you connect the camera or you need to install USB connection drivers (comes on CD with camera) so computer will know what kind of device is connected to it and display "access" to device properly. Another consideration is there any propriety software loaded into computer that provides interface to cameras, by this, I mean pictures editing software that was provided with camers.

Yah.... Card readers are the "cats meow" when it comes to getting data off memory cards to hard disk....

Dale