Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Indie Craft Experience - Atlanta

SusanThornton
2007-04-22, 8:03pm
I am doing the Indie Craft Experience show in Atlanta on June 2 at the Centennial Olympic Park. Is anyone here ever participated in that show or is anyone going to participate.

Just wondering what it is like. ~Susan

scouncil
2007-04-23, 5:51pm
I live in Chattanooga, TN, so I can come to it. I haven't even heard of it. Sorry. Is there a website?

SusanThornton
2007-04-23, 9:38pm
The web site is

www.ice-atlanta.com

SusanThornton
2007-04-23, 9:49pm
:waving:
I meant to ask you.

scouncil -

Do you know Marjorie Langston? I have been knowing her about 8 years. She is in Chattanooga. I was just at her book signing with Deanna a few weeks ago.

:waving:

~ Susan

scouncil
2007-04-24, 7:15pm
I was there! I had my daughter in tow who took lessons from Marjorie (she taught me about 1 1/2 years ago) a couple of months ago. We didn't stay too long- always difficult to keep a teen occupied with no other teens there...

Loriola
2007-04-28, 1:21pm
Hey Susan!! I didn't know you posted over here!
I thought about doing ICE but I'm kinda over the "indie" shows. Be sure to bring ALOT of $25 and UNDER items.

You may want to do a search over on www.theswitchboards.com

-Lori

SusanThornton
2007-04-30, 9:13pm
Hey there Lori!!
This is my first time doing one of these indie shows. I thought it would be a way to get rid of some inexpensive stuff. Maybe? I'll check that site. Good to hear from you!! I am still trying for the Piedmont Park Show. We'll see.

~Susan

Loriola
2007-05-01, 4:42pm
Indie shows are always REALLY fun, there's much more that I want to buy (and can afford!) than at a traditional craft show. But, this is my experience---I have "sale" pendants that I sell for $10 ea or 3 @ $25. At "traditional" shows 98% of the time people will buy 3. At indie shows, 75% of the time they'll buy 1. I always have a lot of sales, just for smaller amounts.

I'm applying for Piedmont next week. I have a show this weekend & need to get a new booth shot. I REALLY hope we both get in! I'd love to meet you & I used to live 3 blocks from the park & haven't been back to that neighborhood in 15yrs, so it'd be interesting to see it again. I'm sure it's completely changed (I had a 1 bedroom apt for $350 in '91). ha!