Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Spiral Dance Glass order?????

tymeout
2007-04-24, 7:07am
Just wondering if anyone is having problems getting orders from them... and any kind of communication also? I placed an order on the 16th? and e-mailed the 19th checking on it because I didn't get a confirmation or anything... and I've never heard anything back yet. Called their # today so I'm hoping for a call back??? I really need one of the frits for any order.... Thanks for any help! Shari Barry

evilglass
2007-04-24, 1:21pm
I'm in your boat...I placed the order on the 12th, waited until the 19th to email, got no response as of yet except another automatic response saying it was shipped on Saturday. No tracking number or anything. And yes, I've checked my spam folder daily.

tymeout
2007-04-24, 1:32pm
I'm thinking my order was actually on the 10th or earlier because I remember getting the sale notice from there the day after I ordered and wondered if they would honor that. I haven't gotten a notice of shipment or anything... and can't get anything but the answering machine when I call : ( No reply to my e-mail as of yet... guess I'll have to send another one. I'll watch and see if you get your order and thank you! Shari

VivianLampwork
2007-04-24, 2:34pm
I had that happen on my last order. I didn't get my frit in a fair amount of time, so I looked at my order status & it still hadn't shipped. I sent an email & rather than a reply, I got a tracking number on my order. I think Susan has some other things going on & might be behind. I believe I saw where she was designing websites. Anyway, I don't know for sure, but that's my opinion.

evilglass
2007-04-24, 4:02pm
I'm thinking my order was actually on the 10th or earlier because I remember getting the sale notice from there the day after I ordered and wondered if they would honor that. I haven't gotten a notice of shipment or anything... and can't get anything but the answering machine when I call : ( No reply to my e-mail as of yet... guess I'll have to send another one. I'll watch and see if you get your order and thank you! Shari

The sale notice was right after I ordered, because I wondered the same thing, LOL.

right now....I'm just waiting. I'll give it another couple of weeks, probably, but I have to say this is really coloring my experience with them/her. It's my first order. Can't believe I paid priority shipping, LOL, for nearly two weeks of waiting.

evilglass
2007-04-24, 4:03pm
I had that happen on my last order. I didn't get my frit in a fair amount of time, so I looked at my order status & it still hadn't shipped. I sent an email & rather than a reply, I got a tracking number on my order. I think Susan has some other things going on & might be behind. I believe I saw where she was designing websites. Anyway, I don't know for sure, but that's my opinion.

you got a tracking number? Lucky!!! :)

Tracking numbers get me off the site of the folks I ordered from and cranky at the post office ;)

millshaven
2007-04-24, 5:50pm
Shari and Evilglass, I hope you both get your orders soon. All I can add is that I've ordered from her seven times over the past year and a half and the orders always arrived quickly and packaged beautifully. She's also been very helpful when I've had a problem using a frit, answering my questions and giving advice.
Janice

evilglass
2007-04-24, 5:59pm
I hope so too...I like her blends the best of all the vendors I've seen with them...I want to be able to spend copious amounts of $$ there, LOL.

cherylsart
2007-04-24, 6:08pm
I'm glad I read this thread. I was going to order from her- she has some great frit blends! But I think I'll wait until she becomes more reliable. I hope everything is ok.

Cheryl

lunamoonshadow
2007-04-24, 6:51pm
Huh. Weird. I've always gotten my frit really fast from Susan too & it's nice frit...
But...if you need frit while you're waiting ;)...try Robin (glassdiversions) or Candy (beadgoodies)...they're both fab as well! (Robin will let you design your own sampler if you don't like the ones she's got up on the site--you can pick your own colors & she'll assemble one you like for you) & Candy's got some new blends she just put up...
I'm uh, a bit of a, uh, frit addict...:oops:...

beadmama
2007-04-24, 6:59pm
Hi

I order some on the 12th and received them this Monday the 23rd. I did email Susan that I was worried when it over a week , she had shipped it on the 18th. I couldn't get the tracking number from the website, but I requested it from Susan...when I got it, the post office only could verify that the label was requested for shipping on the 18th. I was glad to see them Monday. Becky

scouncil
2007-04-24, 7:07pm
She is doing websites, and she's had a sale on the website design as well as just having a big sale on her frits. I've bought several blends from her and the service has always been slower than Bead Goodies and Robin. Maybe she's needed money with all the sales? No telling. They've never been fast, but I like her frits.

JenP
2007-04-24, 7:43pm
I get her newsletter and I think I may have read that is away this week. I've ordered several times, and she's been great!
jen

chrisdd
2007-04-24, 8:07pm
I've ordered a number of times from her and was always happy with the product and service.

SadiesJewels
2007-04-24, 8:48pm
Yep ... it's always been great here. I missed the sale but had no problems before.

Sadie

tymeout
2007-04-25, 8:00am
well... still waiting for some kind of reply from over a week ago... and how do u get any info from the site? I don't see any order status info or anything like that? Is that just through her e-mail? I understand people getting behind when they're busy... i just don't understand the lack of communication??? and that bothers me after 2 e-mails now. Shari

SunSpot
2007-04-25, 8:51am
I ordered on the 12th, received shipping notice on the 18th and the order was here on the 23rd. The lack of communication is strange.

scouncil
2007-04-25, 9:59am
I ordered on the 12th and my frits are still not here. I ordered with the big sale, so it's a larger order of smaller sizes (got to TRY THEM ALL!!!- eventually). I know I'll get them sooner or later. Robin and Candy are unbelievably fast and it's hard to compare/beat their service, but Susan's frits are nice too. My prior order was pretty slow too, but not this bad. She's honest, if nothing else, so it should get here. I got a confirmation email, so I know she got the orders. I think I got a shipping email, so it should be ehre pretty soon (been expecting it for a few days). Her websites are really nice. I guess that she's just busy and got in a little over her head....

Toni L.
2007-04-25, 10:39am
I have ordered frits and rods from them numerous times and have always received them fast and pretty. I'm sure they'll make it right for you guys, and I definitely understand the frustration with the lack of communication.

BTW, I'm a bit of a frit bitch myself, and also love Candy & Robin too! I don't discriminate! :lol:
:love:
toni

tymeout
2007-04-25, 8:19pm
Whew.... finally got it settled. Susan e-mailed me back today and we're all set. The order must have gotten lost somehow? and it's going out tomorrow... she was very good about it and promised a nice "suprise" in with my order. thank you all for your input... I got the feeling it was just a matter of time and it would get straightened out : ) Shari

evilglass
2007-04-26, 5:06am
I sent another email yesterday and got a fast response to that one. She said my package was mailed yesterday and was delayed due to the spring sale that started after I placed my order, plus online shipping issues with my address. I really hate the fact that I use the address the Post Office gave me, and some shipping programs don't recognize it as valid.

squid
2007-04-26, 6:10am
good news for both!

rosiescreations
2007-04-26, 6:19am
I love her frits and have ordered many from her.
I have always been really happy with her service.
Her frits are the bomb.

tymeout
2007-04-26, 12:34pm
Well, apparently things have changed again... the order was never received? I couldn't get the order placed again online because of the shipping issue also...it would tell me the shipping amount but when I went to finish the check out it said no shipping rates available to my shipping address? Anyone else have that problem? I guess it's just not be my day.... :idea: Shari

tymeout
2007-04-26, 12:36pm
I have to agree about the frits... they are beautiful :smile: I picked out a couple new ones also... looking forward to seeing them! Shari

evilglass
2007-04-26, 6:04pm
I want to apologize publicly for my snarky response this morning.

I emailed Susan in a similar manner (apologizing to her momentarily).

She contacted me, and when I stated I was frustrated with the situation, she's gone above and beyond, IMO, to make it right.

I shouldn't post or contact vendors before my cappucino.....and won't again.

Susan has been very good about replying to me since yesterday, and I'm back to stalking the mailman again!

cghipp
2007-04-26, 6:34pm
In other news, can it really be that we have a Shari Barry and a Carrie Berry on the same board? :)

Allie_T
2007-04-26, 9:45pm
Susan's usually very fast in her shipping. I don't think she gets her emails, though. I have a feeling that she has problems receiving AOL emails. But her orders have always been prompt.

scouncil
2007-04-27, 4:22am
My orders have always been slow, but I've always gotten them. And they probably aren't REALLY slow, it's just that Candy and Robin are SO FAST that it seems slow. Generally Susan has taken at least 7-10 days to get here and that means a couple of days for packing and a few days for mailing. A little slow, but she has the website business and the frit business and who knows what else going on. Her frits are lovely (and believe me, I don't descriminate either- I have lots of all their frits ->glass and frit ho- that's me).

I got my order yesterday. I've still got a smaller order pending that I ordered the day after my first (when she extended the sale). 12th ->25th is a bit slow. She does a great job with the websites and is pretty quick with that stuff, so I know she's busy and it's ok. It's just hard on the mailperson....

SuzyQ
2007-04-27, 5:56am
what, no holly berry? :)

I love spiral dance frits and I never noticed she was slow. She is my favorite frit supplier so I'm very glad to find everything is ok.

squid
2007-04-27, 6:13am
In other news, can it really be that we have a Shari Barry and a Carrie Berry on the same board? :)

:lol:

Toni L.
2007-04-27, 9:00am
YES!!! It is true!!
:D
:lol:

lunamoonshadow
2007-04-28, 8:20am
You know what? I forgot GAIL! at ggglass...her frits rock too....& she does 104coe frits blends
(for all you frit freaks out there...)
now...I need to go dream about ordering some more frit from all FOUR vendors when my stupid last landlord finally returns my last security deposit :roll:...wanna talk about SLOW???

rosiescreations
2007-04-28, 8:34am
Well I just love Carrie Berry she is the nicest friend

flamingart
2007-04-29, 11:23am
To start off.. I have never had any problems with Spiral Dance Design's orders or products. In fact I think Susan is one of the best quality frit suppliers I have seen. The blends are fantastic and very nicely packaged and put together. The packaging itself is so beautiful. It's like getting a gift with every purchase, everything is hand wrapped with a nice ribbon and a colorful bow to hold it together. She also has so many blends to choose from!! I have been doing lampworking for a while now and Susan has always helped me with any questions or concerns I had. And if I ever experienced problems, she would always go above and beyond to help me.

So I heard Spiral Dance was having another sale right now on select colors and products! So for all of you that missed the last one (like me!!) should go check it out. To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. and click on sale items! I am passing this on to all of you because I am a big fan of Susan's work and I would recommend her stuff to anybody that is interested.
Happy Beadmaking

sislonski
2007-04-30, 12:13pm
I've always received my orders, I never keep track of how long because I'm never in a rush for stuff (it gets here when it gets her kind of attitude) however I don't remember it ever taking a long time and never had a problem with communication. But I could see how she might of got swamped with work with the great sale she was having. Her frit mixtures are so nice.

evilglass
2007-04-30, 3:37pm
I got most of my order today :)

scouncil
2007-05-01, 4:16am
I got my other order over the weekend. I've got no complaints about quality. I love her frit blends and I will continue to purchase them from her. She was slow this time (and is slower by comparison to Candy and Robin, but they are SUPER FAST and it might be a little unfair to compare). I've never had anything not show up, so I know I will always get whatever I order. Service is good, just a bit slow and slower than usual this time. I think one frit was out of stock, but I know that I'll get it eventually.