Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Creation Station or Ultimate Hand Stabilizers

Aussie01
2007-05-04, 9:28am
I'm looking into getting some support to help steady my hands. I have heard many good things about the Creation Station but was also looking at the Ultimate Hand Stabilizers from Bearfoot Art. I like the way they can be moved around the table if you need to work at a different angle than usual. Has anyone used these? How do the 2 compare?

thanks

Karen Hardy
2007-05-04, 4:01pm
Don't know the other ones, but I love my creation station.
Plug, plug. plug...

Aussie01
2007-05-04, 8:58pm
this is the Ultimate Hand Stabilizers
http://www.bearfootart.com/images/Videos/VID%20stabilizer%20desc.wmv

Deb Hopeful Journeys
2007-05-04, 9:03pm
I love my creation station. Haven't tried the other one you are talking about.

Curly Irish Girl
2007-05-05, 6:28am
Me, too! I'm on the Creation Station bandwagon.....works great and my hands don't cramp up.....also steadies my detail work.

flamesofglass
2007-05-05, 8:07am
The creation station also helps me with my elbow placement. I love Bearfoots items as I have several but I'm not sure that the Hand Stabilizers would work as well for me...

designsbykurato
2007-05-05, 8:09am
I love my creation station :)

Renee
2007-05-05, 7:00pm
I have a creation station, too. It's wonderful for me to rest my elbows, it secures my torch, but it's too close to the torch for me to use the wrist rests comfortably. It's not a heat issue, rather a positioning issue. If the rests were a few inches out from where they are, it would probably work just fine. But, that's just me.

krfteldy
2007-05-05, 7:54pm
I love my creation station. The fact that the arm supports can be adjusted to the angle I need is great. My arms don't tire as easily.

Nancy

glitz
2007-05-06, 12:59am
OK, I'm butting in here, but where can I buy a Creation Station - I've seached Google, but no joy?
I'll also take a look at the Bearfoot Tool, too I probable have to buy on line as I'm in New Zealand.
Any ideas?

kentaymom
2007-05-06, 5:51am
I have a creation station, too. It's wonderful for me to rest my elbows, it secures my torch, but it's too close to the torch for me to use the wrist rests comfortably. It's not a heat issue, rather a positioning issue. If the rests were a few inches out from where they are, it would probably work just fine. But, that's just me.

I agree. I use it to rest my elbows but the hand rests are not comfortable for me. I also have a problem with getting them tight enough so that they don't keep moving.

Curly Irish Girl
2007-05-06, 6:11am
There are several LE members that sell them....JC and Blue Moon Glass for sure.....search in Garage Sale for Creation Station and you might find one for sale....or you can always post a WTB....hope that helps....

OK, I'm butting in here, but where can I buy a Creation Station - I've seached Google, but no joy?
I'll also take a look at the Bearfoot Tool, too I probable have to buy on line as I'm in New Zealand.
Any ideas?

WeeMary
2007-05-06, 6:16am
I know Jim at BlueMoon has them, Glitz. http://www.austinbluemoon.com/ He ships internationally.

Kristen
2007-05-06, 6:27pm
I took a class from Pati Walton a year or so back...She recommended the creation station to still my hands while doing fine detail work....have never been sorry about that purchase ...its GREAT

glitz
2007-05-07, 12:17am
I know Jim at BlueMoon has them, Glitz. http://www.austinbluemoon.com/ He ships internationally.

I've been trying to get onto that site for weeks now, but my browser tells me that it's not available??? Have they closed down? I notice they still advertise on LE.

Thanks for the other lead, too - I'll check there.

bhhco
2007-05-07, 1:12am
I've been trying to get onto that site for weeks now, but my browser tells me that it's not available??? Have they closed down? I notice they still advertise on LE.

Thanks for the other lead, too - I'll check there.

They are wide open and getting bigger every day... I just clicked the link and it popped right open.

Me

glitz
2007-05-07, 2:02am
Hmmm...how annoying...the page just wont load for me. I've tried it all ways, but my browser just wont open it.

Does anyone have an email address, please? Perhaps I can try them that way.

Thanks a bunch,

Lesley.

navarre
2007-05-07, 2:11am
Hello Lesley - I'm from across the ditch (Australia)

The site does exist as others have mentioned - but what can\does happen with some US sites for us downunder is that for various reasons there can be delays in accessing a site.

Sometimes clicking refresh a couple of times (with a few seconds break between each click) can get you through.

beadysam
2007-05-07, 3:44am
jim@austinbluemoon.com

This is Jim's email - he's a sweety-pie too and will help any way he can:biggrin:

smiles4u
2007-05-07, 3:51am
I love my Creation Station but found my detailed stringer work greatly improved when I moved the wrist rests out of the way completely. I haven't used them in months. I do love the elbow rests.

Oblong
2007-05-07, 5:02am
Thanks so much everyone for your input here. I'm mostly a lurker who thinks about posting all the time, so no time like the present.

I had paid for a class recently that was canceled and decided I was going to invest the money in equipment, so I was looking for a place that sold both the Creation Station and the Didimium shields. Thanks for recommending Blue Moon.

Can't wait to finally get set up with the new stuff. It may not be the class I was looking forward to, but I'm hoping the stability and vision improvement will help my control and accuracy since I sometimes feel like I'm just "taking a stab at it"!

glitz
2007-05-08, 6:01pm
OK - I just emailed Jim, so hopefully I'll be able to get the information I'm after - MAYBE I could even get onto the site.

I've tried all computers in the house, refreshed the page over and over, and even Googled them to see if I could get in another way...but no joy. I did see that someone else was having a problem getting onto their site too, so maybe they have different security on it???

Thanks for all your help - I'll let you know how I get on.

Lesley.

Henrywashere
2007-05-09, 1:56am
Well I seem to be the only 1 so far that has the Ultimate Hand Stabilizers. I havent used a creation station so cant comment on it. I have a big problem with my wrist arms elbows and cant lean on my elbows or forearms at all as I cut the circulation to my hands of. That was the real reason I picked the Hand Stabilizers over the Creation Station. It is good how you can move all around but I have to admit I use the left 1 all the time but not the right 1 it depends on what I am doing. Before I got them I had gotten into the practice of tucking my arms against my chest (elbows just below the boobs) and using that for stability so I tend to still do that with my right arm. I know its hard for us here in Australia as we cant go into any stores and see these things before we buy as the majority of all supplies come in from the states. If you are anywhere near Ipswich you can come try mine.

steph1214
2007-05-10, 8:52pm
My hubby bought me a creation station a week ago for mothers day because i had mentioned it to him and so he told me he wanted me to open my gift early and i was confused. He was curious as to how it worked so i opened it and he went down and put it on and i used it. I :love: it!!! The only thing is that i can not use the rests and the elbow rests at the same time because of a reach problem but i love the stable effect it has on my shakiness so i would really recommend it.

steph