Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Help with Paypal shopping Cart please...

brimmy
2007-05-12, 2:36pm
I'm working on setting up an actual shopping cart for my website but cannot afford to almost double my hosting fees. I saw that paypal has a basic shopping cart that you can use, has anyone tried it? What did you think of it? It seems pretty simple both in style and ease of use.

My biggest question is: Is there a way to test your shopping cart or do you just have to post it and hope that it works and you're not scaring off any potential customers?

brianna
2007-05-14, 12:54pm
The basic shopping cart gives you an HTML code that you can copy and paste onto your website. It gives you an "Add to Cart" button for each item, and then a "View Cart" button. (If you feel like it, you can even design your own buttons for these so they match your website.)

Instead of staying on your site throughout their check-out process, customers get redirected to the PayPal website as they make their purchase, then can be returned to your site.

It's pretty easy to use (although a bit tedious at first, since you have to make each button one at a time): you just fill in the blanks and ta-da! A cart button!

If you have questions about it, though, I'd be happy to help you. (You can post them or shoot me an email: bee_me3518[at]sbcglobal.net)

Hope this helps!
~~Brianna

Gwood
2007-05-16, 7:27am
Can I also get help? I saw this thread went to paypal and followed the instructions but I am lost at to how to add it to my website.

Gloria

brianna
2007-05-17, 10:26am
Sure. Adding it to your website is probably the trickiest part, but once you've done it, it isn't too bad. You may have to find your place in HTML code and that's the hardest part.

Once you've run through the template on PayPal, it will give you a bunch of HTML code. Copy all of it to your clipboard.

If you're using a program like Dreamweaver, Composer, or Nvu (or any kind of WYSIWYG program), you can view your page as it will appear online and right click where you want the button. There should be an option to "Insert HTML". Click that and paste (ctrl+v on PCs).

If you aren't using a program like that or can't find the option, let me know more specifically what you use and I can give you better instructions.

~~Brianna
bee_me3518[at]sbcglobal.net

BlackRiverBeads
2007-05-17, 2:52pm
To test ours I always add the items to the cart and check out, but just cancel before the actual payment part. That way you can tell if the price and name shows up correctly.

Gwood
2007-05-19, 7:43pm
Sure. Adding it to your website is probably the trickiest part, but once you've done it, it isn't too bad. You may have to find your place in HTML code and that's the hardest part.

Once you've run through the template on PayPal, it will give you a bunch of HTML code. Copy all of it to your clipboard.

If you're using a program like Dreamweaver, Composer, or Nvu (or any kind of WYSIWYG program), you can view your page as it will appear online and right click where you want the button. There should be an option to "Insert HTML". Click that and paste (ctrl+v on PCs).

If you aren't using a program like that or can't find the option, let me know more specifically what you use and I can give you better instructions.

~~Brianna
bee_me3518[at]sbcglobal.net

I did adda cart but only one I am not sure if I did it correctly. I have my page through Host Gator and the program they have on the site is Site Studio. I am having an awful time with the pictures.

Thanks for your help

Gloria

brimmy
2007-05-19, 11:51pm
I use Site Studio. What are you having problems with?

PaulaD
2007-06-19, 10:21am
Brainna,
How do you add html to Yahoo sitebuilder??

Thanks. Paula