Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : CIM Simply Berry

AKDesigns
2007-05-18, 7:24pm
I just got some and from the picture I thought it was an opaque glass but it's a transparent....drat! It doesn't turn opaque when worked...does it? Anyone have any pictures of beads with it at all?

Amy

lnew
2007-05-18, 7:32pm
I have it and love it. I've used it dotted over periwinkle and different pale pinks for different results. If you follow the link to my ebay auctions I think I've used it in all 3 sets, but it's the raspberry in my Raspberry Tangerine set.
As far as using it alone it's alot like rubino, very dark.

AKDesigns
2007-05-18, 7:48pm
Pretty! I noticed that Raspberry Tangerine set in S & T and loved the colors. So, does it react with coral at all like rubino does? It would be fab if it didn't.

rverk47
2007-05-19, 5:19am
Lisa, your beads are gorgeous!!! I havent followed any of your particular auctions to the end but if they start at $15 that's almost giving them away..do you find it's profitable to sell on ebay?

lnew
2007-05-19, 5:44am
Amy, I haven't noticed any reactions with it yet. BTW, there's rubino in the pink and orange beads, too. The berry is the grape jelly color.
Renee, I started those cheap and listed as a featured auction. Normally I would have started them at $30 but am hoping for the $50+ range. Yes, selling on ebay is profitable- if I don't list featured auctions and keep my opening bids higher! LOL!

Flonche
2007-05-19, 6:35am
Amy, I also thought after the Frantz picture that it was an opaque... and was also disappointed but I got over it :lol:

AKDesigns
2007-05-19, 7:59am
Thanks Flonche...now I don't feel so stupid! The big problem is that I had a color combo worked out in my head to use with that "opaque" color and I can't seem to move my brain on to something else!
Amy

Flonche
2007-05-19, 9:16am
Oooh if YOU have a color combination in your head I want to help you not lose it! Ok let's see...
How about EDP? Or Vetro violet?

AKDesigns
2007-05-19, 10:26am
The problem is I wanted to use it with silver glass and do a couple of test beads to see if it played well. Violet turns a little brown when used with silver glass and is kinda yucky. I have no clue what EDP would do but I have a feeling it wouldn't be pretty! I was going to use ASK mystic grey which reduces and some R4 picasso and DH nyx. I wanted something pinky or purple that would play well with the silver glass. I'm just gonna have to adjust my brain a bit now!

lnew
2007-05-19, 10:35am
Amy, why don't you pulled a cased stringer? Berry over moretti pink or something?

lunamoonshadow
2007-05-19, 11:25am
must....have.....pink.....glass.......
(evil tempting people! I'm on a "no-glass" budget right now!)
those beads are purty!

Phoenix
2007-05-19, 3:19pm
The problem is I wanted to use it with silver glass and do a couple of test beads to see if it played well. Violet turns a little brown when used with silver glass and is kinda yucky. I have no clue what EDP would do but I have a feeling it wouldn't be pretty! I was going to use ASK mystic grey which reduces and some R4 picasso and DH nyx. I wanted something pinky or purple that would play well with the silver glass. I'm just gonna have to adjust my brain a bit now!

When you use it solid as a core, it looks almost opaque- but maybe you could core it with a different color and have something that ended up what you are looking for?

AKDesigns
2007-05-19, 3:24pm
Good idea Jessica. I'll have to play a little...

BeadMaven
2007-05-20, 8:08am
I bought some too and expected it to be opaque.

Its pretty but any ideas why they aren't labeling it as transparent?

I'll have to play with it more too, the solid core is a great idea :)

AKDesigns
2007-05-20, 3:06pm
To be honest I was kinda annoyed that it wasn't opaque so I'm right there with ya Dona. I wouldn't have bought it if I had known it was transparent. Guess I'll have to ask before I buy CIM from now on.

BeadMaven
2007-05-20, 6:53pm
Yea, annoyed is a good term.
I actually went back and looked up where I bought it to see if I had missed a "T" or something in the description stating it was transparent.
Nothing there so I guess I am in the same boat...haveta ask from now on.

AKDesigns
2007-05-20, 6:57pm
I actually went back and looked up where I bought it to see if I had missed a "T" or something in the description stating it was transparent.

Me too! And to look and that picture again and make sure I wasn't crazy thinking it was an opaque.

Kathy
2007-05-21, 6:29pm
So sorry you guys thought Simply Berry is an opaque. I looked back at the photo a couple times today trying to figure out how that happened, but since I know it's transparent it is hard for me to see it at all objectively.

I'll get a better photo soon. I apologize for the mixup!

Kathy

P.S. Simply Berry was designed to be a non muddy transparent purple, or a purple rubino oro.

BeadMaven
2007-05-21, 8:11pm
So sorry you guys thought Simply Berry is an opaque. I looked back at the photo a couple times today trying to figure out how that happened, but since I know it's transparent it is hard for me to see it at all objectively.

I'll get a better photo soon. I apologize for the mixup!

Kathy

P.S. Simply Berry was designed to be a non muddy transparent purple, or a purple rubino oro.

No worries Kathy!

I didn't get it from you and am not angry really its just usually the vendors identify colors as transparent since opaque is usually pretty obvious.

It IS a pretty color though ;)

Kathy
2007-05-22, 8:15am
We took this paddle photo last night . . . do you think it more accurately depicts the color? Would appreciate your opinion!

Amybeads
2007-05-22, 12:00pm
It sure is beautiful!

Amy

LyndaJ
2007-05-22, 2:09pm
Can you photograph your padde upright, to show it's transparency?

Kevan
2007-05-22, 2:10pm
Oh, it's a lovely deep purple.

Of course, everyone's monitor is different. Looks good to me.

HONEYBUNNY72_99
2007-05-24, 8:19am
I love simply Berry:)
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y95/nanasbeads/things015.jpg
This shell is Butter Pecan base with Pale Opal Rose frit and Simply Berry for the shell lip.
Tina

suzanne
2007-05-24, 8:40am
Kathy that picture is so much better. I thought it was a pastel too when I first saw the glass:)

villa design
2007-05-24, 9:16am
Oooh Tina it's so pretty! I played with it last night and made a quick vessel. It's a nice deep rich purple. I forgot who's website I saw it on but at first I thought it was a deep magenta. :)

I'll post a pic as soon as I can.

Kathy
2007-05-24, 9:41am
I like your idea, LyndaJ, just trying to figure out how to get it propped up for a photo. Any ideas?

Kathy

HONEYBUNNY72_99
2007-05-26, 11:26am
Thanks for the compliments on my shell:)
I love how the Butter Pecan reacted with the frit and the Simply Berry lip adds just the right finish:)
Tina

HONEYBUNNY72_99
2007-05-27, 1:52pm
I am gonna use Simply Berry again today for some Pod like beads I am making.My girls have been calling the color Grape Soda Pop LOL!
Tina

Raven Wylder
2007-05-27, 8:51pm
Kathy, How about taking a pic with it stuck in some wax, or rubber cement, gum paste, or even a bead on a acrylic stand?

Kathy
2007-08-31, 2:08pm
Many thanks for the suggestions. I tried many different methods and found that taking a photo on a lightbox worked best. And so I finally have a photo that I think accurately reflects Simply Berry:

DesertDreamer
2007-08-31, 2:26pm
OMG that's luscious!

Will anyone be selling glass (especially CIM) at the fall Best Bead Show????

SadiesJewels
2007-08-31, 5:55pm
Yum ... I have to get some!

Mopnglo
2007-08-31, 8:14pm
This set has simply berry spacers
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l236/mopnglo/Gallery%202/FH1.jpg

jewlie beads
2007-08-31, 8:15pm
Karen and Sadie, I have 4 rods of simply berry if you want me to send you a rod to try! Its really pretty.