Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Red Max on concentrator breathing

tabriz
2007-06-01, 7:45am
Hi,
I just hooked up my Red Max to a 15 psi/8 lpm oxygen concentrator. The flame doesn't seem as hot as it should be (the little flame), and it "breathes" along with the concentrator. Would it work beter on tanked oxygen? It seems the concentrator should be enough to run it, but maybe not?

Lee

Paul Ewing
2007-06-01, 7:55am
I can run the minor part of my Major/Minor on my 7 lpm concentator, but I think the Major part would take a LOT more oxygen than that. It does go much nicer on tanked oxygen though.

firefreak
2007-06-05, 5:59am
I feed my red max around 20 lpm. Pressure is 9 1/2 to 10 psi. All from oxy-cons. I run top and bottom torches at all times. It runs about 90% of what I can get out of tanked oxy.

tabriz
2007-06-07, 8:28am
So, if I got another M15, my pressure would remain at 15 but the LPM would approximately double to 16, right? Do you think that would be enough? How about running the top part on the 2 generators and using a tank for the bottom?

Lee

I feed my red max around 20 lpm. Pressure is 9 1/2 to 10 psi. All from oxy-cons. I run top and bottom torches at all times. It runs about 90% of what I can get out of tanked oxy.

firefreak
2007-06-08, 6:06am
What tip are you running on the premix?

tabriz
2007-06-08, 9:21am
It's the one on the right where it says "2 tips included" in the picture below.

http://www.artglass1.com/red-max-torch.htm

Lee

firefreak
2007-06-08, 10:53pm
I run an ox-5 most of the time on the pre mix. If I run a htc-0 on the premix it takes about 9-10 lpm just to run that tip. It also affects the large burner enough that I dont run both burners at once.

So ..... If you feed the top with 10 lpm or more .....Run with any tip you want, or get a smaller tip, run it a hot as you can get and try working with the oxy-con you have.

If you want to rage the torch the only way is with bottled oxy. But it is not cheap!!