Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Bead placement in Photos

Nicker
2007-06-05, 7:29pm
I am having a dilema. I tend to think people want to see clear pics of both sides of your beads in photos ie
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g79/nicval_photos/catdisk5.jpg

I think those photos are boring though I prefer this
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g79/nicval_photos/catdisk3.jpg

Or something similar a more artistic layout. My question is what do you, or what do tou think people want to see? I sometimes think if I dont show a clear pic of both sides people wont buy?

weegems
2007-06-05, 7:33pm
I don't show both sides of my beads and I haven't had any issues. I do like the second photo better as well though.

ChaseDesigns
2007-06-05, 7:35pm
I think the second photo better too. But I also like to see them strung up on a wire or string, to get a feel for them that way.

I don't show both sides of my beads either.

lenora
2007-06-05, 7:38pm
As a buyer, I would prefer the first picture. I would want to see all of the bead. I don't show both sides in my auctions. I only would if the other side was significantly different.

loco
2007-06-05, 7:38pm
Nicker, I show four sides, but I do some strange things! I like the second photo and I would like to also possibly see them on wire-ribbon-string-leather! BTW those are 2 of my fav colors, they ROCK!!!!!

Nicker
2007-06-05, 7:40pm
What I have been doing is this.

2 artsy pics and 2 clear pics, one of each side. I HATE the clear pics though but get that buyers may want them that way.

With my regular beads (pics shown are disks) I always show them on wire too. The disks I havent been, but I had thought to add a pic of the bracelet style I have been making out of them to give people an idea of what you can do with them.

ChaseDesigns
2007-06-05, 8:20pm
the bracelet idea is cool, but if I was the buyer, which lets face it I probably am not gonna be...but if it was me, I'd still want to see them on a cord of some sort just to see how these beads line up and what the colors look like from a straight on shot. Just my opinion. :-)

Nicker
2007-06-05, 8:37pm
My templates allow me to have 5 pics, I am wondering the best way to make use of it, seem creative and show the beads.

KathyDinBC
2007-06-05, 8:46pm
I like the 2nd pic best, but think there's value in the 'straight goods' shot, too. If it were me, I'd probably use the more creative shot as my first image, then include the straight shot and another of them strung on something. But take this with a pound of salt - I'm notoriously unsuccessful on eBay!

lldesigns
2007-06-05, 9:03pm
As a buyer I prefer the first photo. I like to see all of what I'm purchasing.

angelinabeadalina
2007-06-05, 10:12pm
Nicker, I saw Auctiva's free templates on Melissa (Inner Realm Creations)'s auctions, and I tried it now that I'm trying eBay. ( I think it's just www.Auctiva.com, but I'm sleepy and will probably get the link wrong if I try it right now) It lets you have at least 12 pics. Of course you have to pay whatever that fee is for more than 6 pics, but it lets me put lots of different shots in the listing. I like your second pic best, but I imagine serious buyers want to see #1, too. Love those colors!

Janice
2007-06-06, 5:51am
\Or something similar a more artistic layout. My question is what do you, or what do tou think people want to see? I sometimes think if I dont show a clear pic of both sides people wont buy?

Nicole I like the second one better (and I'm a buyer). I like it because it gives me a better idea about the "three" dimensions of the beads, however, it does make them look irregular in size, which can be a real drawback if you're designing a particular type of jewellery.

I still desperately want to see one picture of a real hand holding beads in auctions. No dimes, smarties, or other "props"...a real hand :D

J.

SuzyQ
2007-06-06, 7:09am
I'm for as many pictures as you can possible stand doing. The more angles the better your beads are represented. The person can't pick up the beads and look them over so I try to give them enough information with the pictures.

You may hate the clear boring pictures but it gives a straightforward person the opportunity to see the beads the way they like to see them.

That said.... sometimes I only show two pictures in my auctions :hide:

Nicker
2007-06-06, 7:35am
Those particular beads are irregular in size, they are "freeform":p I guess I'll stick to doing a couple clear shots and some artsy ones. I'll see if I can add one in a hand though.

barclayb
2007-06-06, 2:37pm
I like the idea of including a bracelet photo, too. Those are super cool beads.

Janice
2007-06-06, 5:13pm
Those particular beads are irregular in size, they are "freeform":p I guess I'll stick to doing a couple clear shots and some artsy ones. I'll see if I can add one in a hand though.

LMAO!! :lol: I thought that the top picture and the bottom picture were of the same beads...they look very uniform in diameter on the top photo (maybe it's an optical illusion?)!

J.

Nicker
2007-06-06, 6:14pm
LMAO!! :lol: I thought that the top picture and the bottom picture were of the same beads...they look very uniform in diameter on the top photo (maybe it's an optical illusion?)!

J.

They are the same beads, they are not uniform though. I am assuming that measn the clear flat photo is a must then.

Janice
2007-06-06, 6:26pm
They are the same beads, they are not uniform though. I am assuming that measn the clear flat photo is a must then.

Yup...use both :D Amazing what a photograph can do, isn't it??!!! Both photographs have such wonderful benefits to each "style" of setup, and small drawbacks to each. Fabulous beads, btw!!

J.