Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Is it just me?

dgg112
2007-07-08, 11:25am
I'm in the process of setting up a webpage thru pappashop. I've been printing up tutorials and I've got words dancing all in my head like meta, mals-e,:wtf: and the list just goes on. I think I'm starting to have chest pains and I know I've got a giant headache. Ginny from Design and Detail is wonderful and she's helping but someone please tell me it's normal (yeah I know it's a setting on the washer) to be going thru this panic phase???? Please?????](*,)

jaychantell
2007-07-09, 9:47pm
Don't panic. Just start in one place and then move to the next. Start by putting content on your main page (index.php) and when you're finished, move on to another page. Its super easy once you do a couple. :) Just remember, one step first then another..... don't think of the overall big picture so much when you're first starting out. Then you'll do fine. :)

Jocelyn

Curly Irish Girl
2007-07-10, 7:41am
I feel your chest pain.....I have just about got my website done....it's a Splash of Color design and hosted by pappaShop. I went thru several rounds of this darned thing is WAY beyond me....what was I ever thinking.....I can kiss those $$ goodbye....and then I emailed Jocelyn at PappaShop.....and she ever so gently held my hand and told me how to do "things" I wasn't figuring out on my own and didn't know what to call it to find it in the tutorials. PappaShop is great....best decision I've made for my studio in quite a bit of time. Now....it's getting more "stuff" on the site and waiting for that first sale.....hopefully!

So...hang in there.....don't look at eating the entire elephant but focus on one bite at a time!

dgg112
2007-07-10, 7:51am
Thanks yall!! You're so right, it's just a matter of looking at it one phase at a time instead of the whole picture!! I actually added a gallery page (very plain but it's there!!!) and two more items for sale. Now my sister has added another headache to the mix. What about privacy statements? liability statements? I will not be held responsible if you decide to eat your beads and have to have them surgically removed!!! People can do some stupid things sometimes.

Janine
2007-07-10, 7:06pm
I am also having the same pain. I have written lots of html pages, but suck at tables and making it look the way I want. And I know what I want (probably part of the problem!) I am stuck at the template level.. Content is not an issue - I am great at that! I am getting lost before I get started. I am sure the answers are in the PappaPak but I can't find them. :rolleyes:

I don't really need a website, do I? ](*,)

Curly Irish Girl
2007-07-10, 8:50pm
If I need a website, you need a website!!! What are you trying to do...maybe I can help you find the tuts in PappaPak...or open a ticket and Jocelyn will get you the "path".....take a deep breath and hang in there!

I am also having the same pain. I have written lots of html pages, but suck at tables and making it look the way I want. And I know what I want (probably part of the problem!) I am stuck at the template level.. Content is not an issue - I am great at that! I am getting lost before I get started. I am sure the answers are in the PappaPak but I can't find them. :rolleyes:

I don't really need a website, do I? ](*,)