Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Looking for bead supply stores or show/events on my road trip

Paco
2007-07-09, 9:07am
Hello everyone. I have been researching on Lampwork Etc for a few months now and have learned alot about lampworking. I have also learned what wonderful people are here. I am going on a Road trip beginning July 14th. We are starting out from Kansas City MO east on I-70 to St. Louis and south on the Great River Road. At some point we are going to jump on the Natchez Trace Parkway and go all the way south to Natchez MS. We will then go northwest to Shrevport LA, arriving here on Thursday July 19th. Then we will continue home on I-35 north to Kansas City MO. Do any of you know of any shows/events or bead/lampworking supply stores that would coincide with our journey? Thank you in advance for any suggestions!
Dinah

killerbeedz1
2007-07-12, 9:22pm
Hi Dinah:

Have a fun trip. It's probably too late for this info because it's the night before you're leaving, but if not check out this site. It has many of the bead show listings for each state:

http://www.lapidaryjournal.com/calbystate.cfm#MI

Paco
2007-07-13, 12:32pm
THANK YOU Patsy!!!! What a great resource. I sure appreciate your response. I was able to find some awesome sounding stores along the route also.
Dinah

Paco
2007-07-13, 12:39pm
Patsy,
I just had a sec to visit your ebay, I love the detail in your work :)

Paco
2007-07-27, 2:10pm
Well, I had a great time on my roadtrip. I was able to find bead/glass stores in every state we drove through. Village Glass Works in Columbia Missouri is actually a stained glass studio that has a small but ample selection of lampwork supplies. Glasshopper Studio in Chesterfield Missouri is awesome!! great store, great people. Nomadic Notions in Memphis Tennessee has a great selection of beads. It was so much fun to peruse every little drawer. Bead-Towne in Olive Branch Mississippi is a small space jam packed full of beads and beading supplies. Village Beads in Ridgeland Mississippi might have been my favorite, HUGE inventory of beads and supplies, good prices on sterling and gemstone beads and a wonderful atmosphere. String a Bead in Shreveport Louisiana has a great area for actually making your jewelry on site. They have really nice sterling beads and bead caps at reasonable prices. The funniest place I came across, I found in the phone book in Shreveport. We drove up to it and it was a HAIR SALON! I went in and the owner had done some lampwork/stained glass work as a hobby and had all her supplies up for sale. I had a blast going through all her glass rods. What fun we had. Thank you to all these stores that made my road trip even more enjoyable.
Dinah