Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : What kind of camera???

skid27
2007-07-25, 4:36pm
I'm looking to purchase a camera solely for photographing mu beads. My husband and I have been using a Samsung/Pentax sr with manual settings and zoom lens. Is there a reasonable camera I could buy that would take good pics of my glass without costing $500 or more?

GinnyHampton
2007-07-26, 4:06pm
I use a Nikon Coolpix 4300 and I love it, it's my second Coolpix. I think the 4300 is a discontinued model, but I found mine on Ebay. Or - maybe someone else knows what the current model would be like mine :)

Linas
2007-08-03, 4:21pm
I use Olympus micro 600, but am not happy with it. So I too am looking for a new one. A friend of mine has a Casio exilim which is alot better than mine when taking a pic from distance, but she´s gonna test it as well for close ups, so I can see if it is superior in that too.

/Lina

skid27
2007-08-04, 9:05pm
We just decided on a Canon Powershot S3 with in playing with it seems to have great macro capabilities. I will try to post some pics soon. Thanks for the suggestions, Ginny.

skookum
2007-08-04, 10:19pm
I was going through the same dilemma as to which camera to get. It was between the Canon S5, Canon S3, and Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ8. All are great cameras and we (DH is getting this for my birthday) settled on the Panasonic FZ8 because it had more manual features than the Canons. Truthfully, I think that any of the 3 is a great choice.

One valuable point we did find out was that there is about $150 difference between CDN and US prices (US was cheaper) for the Canon S5 and $170 for the Panasonic ($US again cheaper). So any Canadians reading this, look in the US for one that will ship to Canada.

rplace
2007-08-04, 11:12pm
I just got the canon s3is and love love love it a new model just came out so the s3 came down in price. I got mine for 300. I use to hate taking photos of my beads now its a breeze I could not recommend it more. Conumer reports and lots of photos review sites give it high recondations also. Here is a photo I took with it.

skid27
2007-08-05, 4:58pm
What kind of photo box and lights do you use. Your pics are some of the brightest I've seen. That bracelet is fantastic too! Did you make the clasp as well?

rplace
2007-08-05, 9:44pm
thanks =) The clasp is from hip chick I bought it at a show a few years back. I have the Smith Victor ImageMaker Light Tent Kit. I bought it for about $100. At first I was worried I should have bought the $300 tent kit but went I bought my new camera it made all the diffrence. Please let us know what ya get and post your new photos. I would love to see them