Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Turkey Tutorial

SageCreekStudio
2005-10-20, 2:45pm
Help, my turkeys keep looking like fugly brown globs with eyes! :-? Anybody willing to share their turkey knowledge! I'd really like to make a turkey for the upcoming holiday.

Thanks!

emeraldartistry
2005-10-25, 8:34am
I make a lentil - Brown
Then I put yellow blobs in a half circle on the back
I add red and orange stripes to the blobs - the blobs are best now left alone
I then push in and pull up on a lighter brown on the front (the other side froim the blobs) to form a neck and head.
Next I add to yellow feet and a beak
Then I pull a little red over the beak
Last I turn it around and heat the blobs up real hot and squish them into a tail with a pair of pliers ( no pattern on the plier is best

sassy
2005-10-25, 8:59am
That's a cool turkey. And the directions are easy to follow. I made one but cant get picture because camera is gone.

Rebekah
2005-10-25, 9:25am
That's a great tutorial. Super directions!

SageCreekStudio
2005-10-26, 6:35am
Thank you so much! I'm going to try it today and see how mine looks. Hopefully as good as yours does! I think its the body shape that's getting me every time. :-k Will post a pic later.

Thanks again,
B

Rose Leslie
2005-10-26, 1:39pm
That is a really cool turkey. I will try it when I'm feeling better. Thanks!

Chelle's art glass
2005-10-27, 3:37am
Great gobble gobble.
Unfortunately I cannot help you with a live turkey tut. My guy is oven ready :-P I made these last xmas - it's an Aussie tradition to leave a beer out for Santa since it's mid Summer here and he's a very busy man :wink: 6482

Quicksilverart
2005-10-27, 4:11am
Oh Michelle! Your oven ready turkey is a hoot!
Carolyn

MaryJo
2005-12-09, 10:17am
Michelle

Oh thank you so much for your turkey tutorial. I made them for my family for Thanksgiving...and they were loved and we had goofie fun wearing our turkey necklaces and earrings. Thanks.

So, I tried the next holiday, and made Santas. And after lots of testing and repeats, I came out with a pretty decent santa face/ head.

Thanks!!! You even inspired me to other stuff...!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks so much for sharing your turkey instructions!!!

Mary Jo

emeraldartistry
2005-12-09, 12:59pm
You needed to send a bigger picture - It is so cute!

Bridget

MaryJo
2005-12-09, 11:11pm
Bridget

here is a little bigger santa: