Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Zooziis!

NLC Beads
2007-08-30, 10:00pm
I picked up a press in the Garage Sale - a Zooziis Large Straight Sided Lentil - and MAN, do I love this thing! I played with a bit of my glass today, and out of 7 beads, 3 of them HAD to be made on the press. :-\"

I was also lucky enough to try a large hex press, which is terribly fun (and due to be "released" shortly in the press game...) Too cool!

Thanks for a great product, Amy! I'll definitely be watching for more toys from you. :)

Carols Glass
2007-08-30, 10:32pm
I've been trying to resist getting the Zooziis Large SS Lentil (I have the medium and love it sooooo!), but you are really making it hard for me.
I sure wish I could find one in the garage like you did. I have been looking every day and I'm always too late. One of these days!

Hayley
2007-08-30, 10:40pm
Amy is the best - makes the best presses, gives the best customer service, runs the best LE game!!!

Just Nancy
2007-08-31, 5:25am
The nob is calling my name. Has been since it came out. I'm just afraid I can't handle it. Or that my bobcat won't be hot enough. I'm having my 3rd set of cabinets made with nobs instead of handles. Just in case I can actually make some. Do I have a problem?

danelady
2007-08-31, 5:31am
I've been making knobs freehand, and I've decideed I NEED her tool. I'm redoing my kitchen cabinets next spring, and they'll have knobs instead of handles... so, It's on my Christmas wish list! i LOVE Zoozii's tools!The nob is calling my name. Has been since it came out. I'm just afraid I can't handle it. Or that my bobcat won't be hot enough. I'm having my 3rd set of cabinets made with nobs instead of handles. Just in case I can actually make some. Do I have a problem?

Zooziis
2007-08-31, 6:40am
Thank you EVERYONE! You are all so sweet. We are very happy you enjoy your tools!!

I think you can handle the knob press, Nancy. Kabsconcepts made a commission of over 30 knobs on a HOT HEAD. Now I would imagine that Kerry must have far greater patience then the average individual to pull it off, but I would think that your bobcat could handle it.

I'm in the process of making knobs for my kitcen, too. I finally picked a fabric for the table cloth, curtains, and such, so I'm working on knobs to compliment. I really love the fact that if you use the Make-A-Knob Kit from Marj Bates with it, you don't have to futz around with epoxy. Just make, kiln, install.

Thank you all, again! It's so nice to wake up and find such an encouraging thread! I'm glad you are having fun Nikki!

Kris Schaible
2007-08-31, 8:02am
Nancy
no worries your Bobcat will give you the heat you need to make Knobs, it will be a matter if your using a concentrator or bottle O2.
I have a Bobcat as well and switch over to bottled O2 for very large projects like Knobs because my concentrator can't keep up.

PS Zoozii do ROCK!!!

JavaGirlBT
2007-08-31, 9:16am
Did someone say knobs?

I've been knobbing all summer. I have to make 60 for all the new cabinets in my house.

You will love the knob press. Mine is my best friend these days. LOL.

Roseanne
2007-08-31, 10:09am
WOWZERS, Ellen!!!! Those are great!!

WildBird
2007-08-31, 10:20am
OMG, those are wonderful Ellen. I tried last year to make knobs for my kitchen freehand. Not a pretty picture... Maybe I 'll give it a shot this fall with a new press.

WildBird

JavaGirlBT
2007-08-31, 10:22am
Thanks! :)

Reenie
2007-08-31, 2:07pm
Those knobs are cool!!!
I went on a press splurge a couple of weeks ago and I love all of Amy's tools. I've made one knob and no problems, no breaking or cracking. I use a Betta.
I just got the Large Lentil because I had the Large + already. Big difference in size but OMG I just love it.
Looking for a Kalera long and lean today lol.
Irene

Just Nancy
2007-08-31, 3:02pm
Great knobs! Makes me really want to believe I can do it.

The knob and a kalera mini long and lean (or something close to that) are the two I've been really wanting. Of course they are a bit more obscure and no one I know has either to try. :( Not that I expect miracles but I am slow to believe I can make a press work.

I'm thinking next month maybe I'll try one of the two.