Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : The Glass Hive kilns are the best!

Alison D
2007-11-05, 12:58pm
I can't say enough. Mike is a dream to deal with emails are answered very promptly, My kiln arrived in good time, and in perfect conditiion.

I am a total newb and have never used a kiln before so I called Mike to make sure I understood his easy directions. The phone was piked up on the first ring and in less then 2 min. I felt comfortable that I wasn't going to ruin my kiln if I turned it on.

Went down to the basement plugged her in and watched her ramp up to her preset garaging temp. and already have 5 very bad newb beads toasting inside. When I'm done for the day he has already preset my softglass program.
Good thing to as I am not so swift with machines.

Mike even runs these first to fire off the nasty and make sure that they work properly. So it was just plug it in and go.

Thank you so very much,
Alison

Hayley
2007-11-05, 12:59pm
Second that - Mike is the best and I love my kiln!

loco
2007-11-05, 4:42pm
Alison, You made a very wise purchase in so so many ways! The Crowley's are wonderful to deal with and their great people too!

sunnyone
2007-11-25, 2:37am
I love love love my glass hive! best kiln I have ever owned! they are the best!

crystal

Reenie
2007-11-26, 12:04pm
Can someone give me their addy....Do they carry Fusing kilns???
Thanks
Irene

Alison D
2007-11-26, 2:23pm
It's To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mike Crowley makes them and I think they will fuse also.

Ali

Flonche
2007-11-26, 2:50pm
hey, I'm thinking of getting one! Would one of you be kind enough to give me the overall dimensions? they're not on the website.
Thanks in advance!

clutter73
2007-11-26, 4:02pm
Mine was just delivered today from Mike along with my new Betta from Frantz. Double whammy! Now all I need to do is get them hooked up and start torching. First things first, I've got to get ventilation installed. I researched and researched before I went with Mike's. Everyone had only good things to say about this kiln so I knew this is what I had to get for my first kiln.

Jenfire
2007-11-26, 4:26pm
I have had one of Mike's Kiln's for 3 years and LOVE it. He has always answered my questions promptly. The quality, workmanship and pride in this kiln will make it last a long, long time. Also it's nice to know I am supporting a small family business iwth my money.
Jen

Reenie
2007-11-27, 7:10pm
Kimberly..any suggestions on what kind of fusing kiln to buy? I'd probably doing pendants and maybe some small coaster..heck maybe even a dinner plate size. New to this...What does everyone use???
Irene

shigee32
2007-12-09, 6:55am
Oh I ditto everything said here! I was on a kiln without a digital controller for about 3 years, and after doing the Tucson rush last year and stacking beads until NO more would fit in my kiln, I had to upgrade. A week after I got back from Tucson I bought a Glass Hive kiln and couldn't be happier!! (unless I had 2! :-))

Fast shipping, easy setup, easy to use. Emails answered promptly, walked me through programming it over the phone.

It gives great entertainment too! My last kiln took quite a while to warm up. I'd usually turn it on and then go hit Walmart for groceries. Come home, put them away and then it'd be ready to torch. My kids and I were timing the warmup the first time, so I'd have an idea of what to expect. Before we started to leave the room it was 1/2way warmed up, so we sat there and watched it. 7 minutes I think it took? We were amazed!! Now I have to dip my mandrels 20 minutes before I turn the kiln on so they're dry when the kiln's ready, not 20 minutes after I turn the kiln on!

I give them a perfect rating and would definitely recommend them to anyone and everyone! :-)

Dawn (did I mention I like my kiln?)

Flonche
2007-12-09, 2:42pm
Dawn, you just answered the last question I had about this kiln! That's it! I'm ordering!!

Alison D
2007-12-09, 6:26pm
See the sale rack these are still on sale in December.

What a deal