Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Red Roof Tile?

earth*monkey
2005-06-20, 10:21am
Has anyone made any beads with "Red Roof Tile"?

I tried to get some from Frantz, but I was too late. *sob* (The website says that you can order it, but I was told that they are actually out.)

Anyway, I would love to see some beads made with this gorgeous color.

Lara

Curly Irish Girl
2005-06-20, 10:23am
I picked some up at B&B - I'll play with it later this week and try to take & post some photos if no one else has photos for you.

SuzyQ
2005-06-20, 1:22pm
Here:
http://susansimages.com/image2/rooftop%20insert%201.jpg

I got brick red when melted quickly and a bit cool all the way to mustard yellow when heated to drippy.

Lara
2005-06-20, 5:52pm
I got a little six inch piece at Frantz about a month ago. It is really pretty, but I don't know if I will spend $30/lb on it in the future.
The first picture is of the RRT on Copper Green, this secone is of RRT on Turquoise and as the base bead.

Lara

Lynn Larson
2005-06-20, 6:00pm
Wow...that's really pretty!! I managed to snag some at b&b, and wasn't sure why...now I can't wait to play with it!!

CorriDawn
2005-06-20, 6:45pm
wow, I love that color!

kandice
2005-06-20, 11:30pm
I soooooo wanted this color! I ordered from Frantz, too, over the phone. Then a week later when they shipped my order, they emailed to tell me it was out. :( I was so ticked off! Oh, well - maybe next time. It's a gorgeous color - very warm and wonderful for fall beads. Gorgeous beads you two!!

earth*monkey
2005-06-20, 11:42pm
Yum. :) I'm so in love with those warm tones. Thanks for the pics.

*waves* to Lara. Not too many of us around. ;) Your mom watch Dr. Zhivago too? *grin*

Shawn T
2005-06-21, 12:43pm
I ordered mine on the phone, no problem got a pound of it.
Well my order came in and I got less than a 1/4 a lb.
I have not used it yet, hording it I guess and waiting for fall as I think it will make awesome fall color beads.

Lara
2005-06-21, 7:28pm
Yum. :) I'm so in love with those warm tones. Thanks for the pics.

*waves* to Lara. Not too many of us around. ;) Your mom watch Dr. Zhivago too? *grin*

Hi Lara - nope, they just liked the name. Now we can't reference Dr. Zhivago to the younger people (I'm only 31), they look at me, then I have to say "Lara Croft, Tomb raider" and I die a little inside. :sad:

Lara

earth*monkey
2005-06-21, 9:47pm
Hi Lara - nope, they just liked the name. Now we can't reference Dr. Zhivago to the younger people (I'm only 31), they look at me, then I have to say "Lara Croft, Tomb raider" and I die a little inside. :sad:
Lara

There are worse things than being being compared with an @$$-kicking rich chick, I think. \\:D/ At least everyone knows how to *pronounce* my name now. :-)

dogmaw
2005-08-05, 5:28am
Any more ideas for this stuff? I picked some up at the Gathering, but hate to ruin an odd lot.

Lara
2005-08-05, 8:29pm
Here is another set I made. All the opaque is RTF. You can see some is pretty red and some is more yellow. I'm really loving this glass. I think the yellow was from more heat or longer heat, but I'm not sure yet. I'm getting down to the last of my little bit of this glass, MUST....CALL....FRANTZ..... It is on a base of amber/dk topaz with goldstone.

Lara

SuzyQ
2005-08-05, 8:40pm
It's all gone Lara. It was a flash in the pan. :(

WhiskerWood
2005-08-05, 8:44pm
Here is an organic bead with a bit of the Red Roof Tile...
I love the richness of this color...
I think it should be called Red Clay or Red Earth or Spanish Tile
but Red Roof Tile??? :roll:

dogmaw
2005-08-06, 5:42am
Beautimous ladies!

Lara
2005-08-06, 5:10pm
It's all gone Lara. It was a flash in the pan. :(

Please tell me you are joking?!? I thought Mike Frantz said more was coming in sometime in the future. ACK.

:-(

Lara

Lisi
2005-08-07, 12:27pm
Here is an organic bead with a bit of the Red Roof Tile...
I love the richness of this color...
I think it should be called Red Clay or Red Earth or Spanish Tile
but Red Roof Tile??? :roll:

Beautiful bead, Nicole! I love organics like these! Everyone else's are wonderful too. :)

Yeah, I agree with a name other than Red Roof Tile. I like Red Earth! :D

Kalera
2005-08-07, 1:15pm
As an old-house buff, I adore the name Red Roof Tile... it fits it perfectly, and brings to mind the romance of the Mediterranean. I don't think we should be too concerned about the Red Roof Tile, as far as I gathered it's to become a production color. If demand remains artificially high due to a *perceived* scarcity, so will the price, know what I mean?

Here's a bead I made with it:

Lara
2005-08-07, 2:52pm
Kalera, beautiful bead. I only have 2 little six inch stringers left. I'm itching to try an organic bead with this glass, but the stingers aren't enough. SIGH. Yup, I had heard what you said Kalera. Thanks for the reassurance.

I have another set I made yesterday with my little tiny bit of RRT.

I'm calling this Harvest. Again the opaque orange/yellow and pinky/terra cotta are the RRT. I'm quite pleased with this set.

Lara

JavaGirlBT
2005-08-07, 4:29pm
Lara, I LOVE that set! *klunk*

PaulaD
2005-08-07, 4:37pm
Frantz had this at the Gathering and he did say that it's a new production color on his WC forum. Paula

Lara
2005-08-07, 7:04pm
Thanks Ellen, You made my evening.

Paula, duh, I didn't think about checking his WC forum. Of course I should have looked there. Thanks for the reminder.

Lara

yeepers
2005-08-08, 7:46pm
Nothing close to some of the spectacular beads already shown but here are some more red roof tile beads.... 1271

Lara
2005-08-08, 7:59pm
Yeepers, very cool. Is that normal white used as the stringers? It looks like they are almost translucent. I love how you can got so many colors from this glass.

Lara

BTW everyone, I called Frantz today, they don't have the RRT in yet, but the gal said they are expecting their shipment from Italy any day now. YEEEEEEE

yeepers
2005-08-09, 3:43am
Hey Lara,

I thought I was using Anice White but it may have been Vetrofond Opaline White Silk. I was hoping to get the reduction line with the anice but that didn't quite work. I think it only works on certain base colors :) I was pretty happy with the coloration of the RRT and am curious as to what exactly it is that produces the different tones. Striking?

-Yee

IF-Designs
2005-08-09, 2:27pm
dam wish I woulda been able to snag some of that at the gathering its abeautiful color just beautiful

WhiskerWood
2005-08-09, 2:51pm
BTW everyone, I called Frantz today, they don't have the RRT in yet, but the gal said they are expecting their shipment from Italy any day now. YEEEEEEE

I think that calls for a ROAD TRIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-D

Yeepers I think your RRT beads are awesome!

SuzyQ
2005-08-09, 8:28pm
Oh man, I looked at the Gathering and didn't see any! I am so glad it is going to be a "regular".

Lara
2005-08-09, 8:48pm
I thought that white kinda looked like opaline white or anise white, very cool. Thanks for sharing Yee.

Lara

IF-Designs
2005-08-10, 8:50pm
oh Kim! its gourgeous it toally remind me of these brittle starfish we use to have at the petstore they were so cool!

FlameTree Glass
2007-11-04, 5:12pm
Hi to all,
FlameTree Glass has red roof tile in stock now. The stock number is 591440 (Red Roof Tile).
Thanks,
Lance
FlameTree Glass, Inc.
www.flametreeglass.com
Toll Free: 1-888-352-6387

AKDesigns
2007-11-04, 9:02pm
You resurrected a thread that hadn't been posted in in over 2 years? :-k

Ms.Giggles
2007-11-04, 9:31pm
You resurrected a thread that hadn't been posted in in over 2 years? :-k

I actually missed this thread before and loved all the eyecandy. But I did wonder about the dates. LOL Anyway I enjoyed seeing the pictures.

AKDesigns
2007-11-04, 9:38pm
I actually missed this thread before and loved all the eyecandy. But I did wonder about the dates. LOL Anyway I enjoyed seeing the pictures.

Actually it also made me realize that I had two different version of RTR that I need to pull out and try :lol:.

Just Nancy
2007-11-06, 8:04am
I kept thinking, dang. Another glass I missed. Then I realized I've got a pound or so and no clue what it is supposed to do. I needed a reminder.

SuzyQ
2007-11-06, 11:04am
It made me realize how much I loved that first little bundle of red roof tile. The next version just wasn't the same... I still have a couple of those rods somewhere.

nagibeads
2007-11-06, 1:10pm
me too--I loved the first batch--that yellow ochre color was perfect!:love:

SuzyQ
2007-11-06, 1:34pm
It changed shade like Kalera's bead. *sigh*

Just Nancy
2007-11-06, 5:54pm
Ah, I think I got the second batch. It is an ok color but not what I'm seeing here.

SuzyQ
2007-11-06, 7:00pm
There was very little of the first batch. I got two bundles from someone who bought them for me at bead and button. Even the first batch available from Frantz to everyone was different.

Lara
2007-11-06, 7:14pm
The first batch was the best! The changing colors, it was beutiful. I have gotten the later batches and it doesn't do the changing colors and the variety. I have spent a lot of money to get orginal batch RRT and I'm embarrassed, but I love it.

AKDesigns
2007-11-06, 7:18pm
I have two different versions and I've no clue what I have!