Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Trey in Maine, May 17-18

Playing with Fire!
2007-11-22, 11:15am
Update: We've added a class!
We're delighted to tell you that Trey Cornette will be teaching at Playing with Fire! ---- May 17th-18th 2008 and May 15th-16th. (Due to popular demand we've added a 2nd class!)

Yea!!! Trey's work is amazing! WooHoo!!!=D> Mark your calendars folks, we're going to have a great time!

Lampworking with Trey Cornette (www.treycornette.com)
Saturday and Sunday, May 17th and 18th, 2008, --- $425 (lunch included) -- please call to reserve your space. 207-594-7805
new! additional class: Thursday and Friday, May 15th and 16th --- $425 (lunch included)

"In this two day class we will explore some of the many possibilities with 104 COE glasses. Our canvas will be large scale tab and tube form beads upon which we will experiment with many types of decoration. I will demonstrate my methods for forming large beads, Scrollwork application, Millifori floral canes, working with Reichenbach 108 (RAKU), and others. I will demonstrate some of the beads I make, the processes involved and help you find your own patterns and styles using these methods. We will also learn how to pull our own Raku cane from the large kilo rods furnace workers use. There will be plenty of time reserved specifically for individual exploration and instruction. Bring your questions and ideas as the class will evolve around them."

See our website for additional details, and check out the photos (http://www.playingwithfireglassworks.com/classes.html)of our very comfortable teaching studio!
-- please call to reserve your space. 207-594-7805 and download our enrollment form (http://www.playingwithfireglassworks.com/PWF_class_enroll.pdf) and remit with your info/payment

Ed & Virginia
Playing with Fire! Glassworks & Gallery (www.playingwithfireglassworks.com)
497 Main St. (studio located at lower level/harborside)
Rockland, Maine 04841
207-594-7805

Trey Cornette
2007-11-22, 6:45pm
I am really looking forward to visiting Maine for the first time!
Anyone interested in the class please feel free to contact me with questions.
Peace

Trey

Emilyc
2007-11-23, 1:37pm
Sounds great! sign me up.

Sue in Maine
2007-11-23, 1:45pm
Thank God! Someone who may be able to help me with proper ends on tube beads???? Do we know what the focus of the class will be?

Sue

(Virginia, you are bankrupting me! lol)

Trey Cornette
2007-11-23, 2:57pm
Hey Sue,
I can definitely help you with those ends!
I will cover my techniques for forming large tube and tabs, Scroll work, millifiori flowers, working with twisted cane and lots of other goodies. I have a general outline for the class but it always evolves around the desires of the students.
Hope to see you there:-P
Trey

Thank God! Someone who may be able to help me with proper ends on tube beads???? Do we know what the focus of the class will be?

Sue

(Virginia, you are bankrupting me! lol)

tehale
2007-11-23, 4:23pm
You guys are in for a real treat. I LOVED having Trey here last October! <waving at Trey>

Playing with Fire!
2007-11-24, 9:12am
I am really looking forward to visiting Maine for the first time!
Anyone interested in the class please feel free to contact me with questions.
Peace

Trey

Hi Trey! Well, first timer:wink: we're certainly looking forward to having you here! If time permits, we'll show you the area...just get us started, we turn into tour guides! we do love Maine!

Emily and Sue -- yea! I'm starting a class list:waving:

Terry, you should come on up! I had a dream about you last night being here for the class. It's a sign!:biggrin:

Virginia
Playing with Fire! (www.playingwithfireglassworks.com)

tehale
2007-11-24, 5:09pm
That would be way cool, Virginia! Can you dream me up some disposable income so I can make the trek? http://www.miconejo.net/img/forum/icon_smile.gif DH and I visited Maine almost 20 years ago and fell in love with lower coast. It was a weekend trip so we didn't get to see as much as we wanted. We've promised one another that we'll make it back one day!

Sue in Maine
2007-11-27, 10:13am
Hey Sue,
I can definitely help you with those ends!
I will cover my techniques for forming large tube and tabs, Scroll work, millifiori flowers, working with twisted cane and lots of other goodies. I have a general outline for the class but it always evolves around the desires of the students.
Hope to see you there:-P
Trey

VIRGINIA!!!!!!!!!!

I'm hawking the family jewels! Pretty please with great tube beads ends on it, sign me up!!!!!!!

Sue

Playing with Fire!
2007-11-27, 9:36pm
VIRGINIA!!!!!!!!!!

I'm hawking the family jewels! Pretty please with great tube beads ends on it, sign me up!!!!!!!

Sue

OK Sue, the list has been started!

Emilyc
2008-01-09, 8:21pm
Me too!:wave:

Moonlight Creations
2008-01-11, 8:38pm
Me three!

Playing with Fire!
2008-01-27, 8:50pm
Bump!

Trey's class nearly full. If you've been thinking about taking this class, now's your chance!
Please call to reserve your space, and please download our enrollment form (http://www.playingwithfireglassworks.com/schedules.html)and send with your payment/info.

Virginia & Ed
Playing with Fire! (http://www.playingwithfireglassworks.com)
497 Main Street
(studio at lower level/harborside)
Rockland, Maine 04841
207-594-7805 --- Fax: 207-594-7825

[Lodging tips: The Navigator Motor Inn (www.navigatorinn.com) (right across the street from our studio) offers our students a discounted rate @ $50/night (ask for the 'Island Rate') (pending availability). Please visit our website for additional links to other area accommodations and attractions.]

debgay
2008-01-28, 7:43pm
Im really looking foward to the class. I love your work Trey.

Sue in Maine
2008-01-29, 10:35am
Do we have a price yet?

Sue

Playing with Fire!
2008-01-29, 6:09pm
Do we have a price yet?

Sue

Oh my yes, it's been on the website for quite a while. Sorry, I didn't post it here!!!!
Here ya go:

Lampworking with Trey Cornette
Saturday and Sunday, May 17th and 18th, 2008, --- $425 (lunch included)
and >>>new! we've added a Thursday/Friday class: May 15th and 16th --- $425 (lunch included)
-- Please call to reserve your space. 207-594-7805 and download our enrollment form (http://www.playingwithfireglassworks.com/PWF_class_enroll.pdf) and remit with your info/payment

"In this two day class we will explore some of the many possibilities with 104 COE glasses. Our canvas will be large scale tab and tube form beads upon which we will experiment with many types of decoration. I will demonstrate my methods for forming large beads, Scrollwork application, Millifori floral canes, working with Reichenbach 108 (RAKU), and others. I will demonstrate some of the beads I make, the processes involved and help you find your own patterns and styles using these methods. We will also learn how to pull our own Raku cane from the large kilo rods furnace workers use. There will be plenty of time reserved specifically for individual exploration and instruction. Bring your questions and ideas as the class will evolve around them."
Ed & Virginia
Playing with Fire! Glassworks & Gallery (www.playingwithfireglassworks.com)
497 Main St. (studio located at lower level/harborside)
Rockland, Maine 04841
207-594-7805

debgay
2008-02-07, 12:44pm
The description sounds great cant wait.

Sue in Maine
2008-02-19, 10:19am
Am I cheating? I've been working my tushy off to have lots of twisties to bring.... I know I need to work on my ends so I'm hoping having some premade twisties will allow me to spend time where I need to focus.

Don't get me wrong, I'm going along with whatever agenda Trey sets up for us but I admit I'm trying to get a jump start for ME.

(Trey, may I bring my twisties???)

Sue

Playing with Fire!
2008-02-21, 8:59am
Am I cheating? I've been working my tushy off to have lots of twisties to bring.... I know I need to work on my ends so I'm hoping having some premade twisties will allow me to spend time where I need to focus.

Don't get me wrong, I'm going along with whatever agenda Trey sets up for us but I admit I'm trying to get a jump start for ME.

(Trey, may I bring my twisties???)

Sue

Sue,
I don't think that's cheating! LOL! This is going to be such a fun class!

Folks, don't forget, we've added another two day set (May 15-16 Thur/Fri )for those who missed signing up for the Fri-Sat class!

Virginia
What happens in Rockland, stays in Rockland...!

Sue in Maine
2008-02-21, 9:21am
Woops, me bad! I should have posted that I received a pm from Trey saying I could cheat if I want to.... bringing twisties to play with in our class! Yahoo, time to concentrate on fixing my uneven end problem.

Sue

melody
2008-02-21, 9:26am
You guys are in for a treat. Trey is a great teacher - and so patient! If I can do his technique and make big beads (for me) anyone can!

Hey Trey! We miss you down South!

Trey Cornette
2008-02-21, 6:24pm
Hi everyone.
You are more than welcome to bring twisties and anything else you want.
Be sure and bring any of you favorite glass. Especially and odd odd lots or silvers you like to play with. Its always nice to have a wide pallet to create from.
I am so looking forward to Maine in May.
Someone told me they cook lobster in a special way with seawater up there. I gotta have some of that!!!
See you soon.
Trey

Playing with Fire!
2008-02-23, 12:02pm
I am so looking forward to Maine in May.
Someone told me they cook lobster in a special way with seawater up there. I gotta have some of that!!!
See you soon.
Trey

Hmmm... Some would say that's the ONLY way to cook lobster! And with a handful of seaweed thrown in on top of the steaming lobsters... the flavors are enhanced... it has that certain ‘je ne sais quoi’

Madame LaSonga’s crystal ball is saying that can be arranged! :smile:

Virginia

Trey Cornette
2008-02-24, 12:48pm
All Right!!! Lobster here I come.
Are there any good local oysters around? I can always shoot down a couple of dozen on the half shell.8)

Playing with Fire!
2008-03-31, 8:21pm
All Right!!! Lobster here I come.
Are there any good local oysters around? I can always shoot down a couple of dozen on the half shell.8)

Hi Trey!:waving:
The lobsters are resigned. The oysters are quaking in their boots! :razz:

Folks, this is going to be a great set of classes! We still have a few seats left in both the Thurs/Fri class and the Sat/Sun class, but they won't last long. This is a class NOT to be missed.

Virginia and Ed
207-594-7805

PaulaD
2008-03-31, 10:08pm
Trey,
Maine Seafood is the best!
Have fun at class!
I'll be in Corning with Gianni!

Paula

Playing with Fire!
2008-04-28, 6:08pm
This is going to be a great set of classes! We still have a few seats left in both the Thurs/Fri class and the Sat/Sun class, but they won't last long. This is a class NOT to be missed.

Trey Cornette in Maine
Choose from: Thurs/Fri-May 17th-18th or Sat/Sun-May 15th-16th ---- $425 (lunch included)

Please call to reserve your seat, then please submit your enrollment form found here (http://www.playingwithfireglassworks.com/PWF_class_enroll.pdf)

Virginia and Ed
207-594-7805

Trey Cornette
2008-05-07, 4:37am
One more week and I will be in Maine. Yippeee!!!
This is sure to be a fun class. There are still a couple of open seats if anyone is interested.
See you guys soon. :smile:

Sue in Maine
2008-05-07, 4:50am
I have goosebumps and cannot wait!

Have to call The Navigator today for a reservation overnight. Bob's working days on Thurs and will join me for an overnight in Rockland. No idea what the poor guy is doing on Friday but he's on his own! lol...

See you on the 15th.

Sue

emnsam
2008-05-09, 4:05am
:-$:-$Trey,Ed & Virginia hunted down the lobsters & oysters. I hope your ready, have you tried scallops, clams? What kind of beer do we need? Sam

Moonlight Creations
2008-05-09, 2:23pm
Is there going to be lobster on Thursday night? If so, then I won't have it for Mother's Day!

Trey Cornette
2008-05-09, 3:09pm
I'm hoping for seafood every night!!!
That and a cold Mich Ultra or two :grin:
See you all soon.

emnsam
2008-05-10, 7:11pm
=P~The six packs on ice =P~ I went down to the studio to play with the boro and visit Ed & Virginia after a day of Mother's Day flowers I wish all the Mom's, Happy Mother's Day:love::love:

Playing with Fire!
2008-05-10, 7:17pm
Is there going to be lobster on Thursday night? If so, then I won't have it for Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day!--eat lobster on Mother's day AND in Rockland! Sheesh!

So here's what up lobster-wise: We spoke with the Black Bull Restaurant proprietors--they agreed to have lobster and oysters available on their menu this week--especially for Trey!\\:D/ -Yea! We'll probably go there after the Wed. night meet and greet to quell Trey's lobsteritis :lol:... we could also go there Friday night which will coincide with the meet and greet for those coming into town for the Sat/Sun class.

Virginia

Moonlight Creations
2008-05-12, 6:06am
I don't think I'll make it up for Wed night Black Bull's Affair but I just have to hang around for Friday's get together! I'm beginning to know Route 1 by the back of my hand, pot holes and all! I ended up making shrimp scampi and rib eye steaks on the grill last night! I don't do shrimp but the fettucini and steak were awesome! I'm off to call the Navigator to make reservations now! See you real soon! Sonje

abeadgal
2008-05-14, 6:23pm
Oh, you people are meeting and greeting tonight! I can't wait for my turn Friday night!
I'm very excited to learn and play at the torch. I better go pack something!
Kristi

Moonlight Creations
2008-05-15, 3:42am
My bags are packed - I'm off!!!

emnsam
2008-05-15, 4:58am
Met Trey:waving: it's going to be a great class not to be missed. He got his lobster fix.:happy: And his beads are even better in close up then on the web if only I could have one of each.:sad: Sam

abeadgal
2008-05-15, 6:50pm
Save some of those awesome beads for the second class!:lol:
I still have a whole day of work before I can leave for Rockland. Tomorrow is going to be soooo long ](*,).....
See all of you on Friday night!!
Kristi

Playing with Fire!
2008-05-15, 11:10pm
OMG. We're SO glad to have Trey here! He is just awesome---a great teacher!

There is still one seat available for the Sat/Sun class.:wink:

Virginia
207-594-7805
Playing with Fire!
www.playingwithfireglassworks.com

Ed_Slawson
2008-05-19, 7:41pm
Here are some photos, first off a photo of Trey in teaching mode and a couple of shots of him working on demos, and then a few of his demo beads fresh out of the kiln:

Ed_Slawson
2008-05-19, 7:42pm
Next are some photos of some of the student beads from the first day:

Pretty amazing after one day of class! Wait till you see some of the second days work... I'll try to post more on Tuesday or Wednesday.

-Ed-

Moonlight Creations
2008-05-20, 11:45am
Ed, thanks for posting the loot!!! It was a blast! Sonje

Trey Cornette
2008-05-21, 3:54am
Wow! What a great Place Rockland Maine is.
I had an absolute blast. Playing With Fire Glassworks is one of the finest studios I have taught at and Ed and Virginia are wonderful host. I felt like I was at home from the time I walked into the shop.
The students were Great and really worked my butt off!!:-D
Thanks for all your kind works folks. It really helps me to know I am on the right track.
I am finally home and rested. Dylan and I napped together all day yesterday.
Looking forward to when I can return and bring the family with me. There is just so much to do in Maine and the people are so warm and friendly.
I just can't wait come back with a little more time for exploring.
Take care everyone,
Trey