Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Karen Thomas' Gorgeous Salad Servers

Gail Joseph
2007-12-16, 5:16pm
Hey Karen--Thought I'd post here since others might want to know...I'm about to give a bunch of your servers as gifts (plus I sold a couple of sets w/o knowing)....Are these dishwasher safe, or should I tell people to hand wash?

I figure if my beads can't take it, they shouldn't be out in the big, bad world..but I wasn't sure if the server mandrel thingies might rust.

Thanks!!--Gail

gubnavnania
2007-12-21, 1:56pm
I've been watching this thread and still no answer :(

Anyone else knows?

Karen Hardy
2007-12-21, 2:01pm
The dishwasher is a pretty harsh environment - and even if the
beads could stand it, eventually it will cause the metal
and plated components of the piece to deteriorate.

This is just my opinion - I could be wrong, but why chance it.
I'd tell them to hand wash them just to be on the safe side.

Karen Thomas
2007-12-21, 2:45pm
Hi Gail,
Thanks for the nice words regarding the salad sets. I don't recommend putting them in the dishwasher. I would hand wash ALL the beadable products; cheese knives, canape knives and appetizer forks. I even unscrew the top and take the beads off and wash them. It's amazing to me when people throw everything into the dishwasher when it only takes a moment to hand wash. You could put the serving sets in there, but wouldn't recommend putting the beads in there. Of course, I hand wash all my favorite mugs, glasses and plates. Eventually the hot water and detergent will wear off any designs or hand painting.
Have a great holiday.... and look for more new products this coming year.
Karen Thomas
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.