Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Double Helix

Carols Glass
2008-01-07, 6:39pm
I've been checking the Double Helix Glassworks website every single day, watching for Psyche to come in because I only have 3 rods left of it and a panic has hit me for that........and also for the new Khaos that is coming in January.

I just checked and the website looks brand new and everything is already sold out?

What? How could it sell out so fast?

I sure hope I can grab some Khaos before it sells out as I didn't get a sample of it during their Christmas special.........

or is it already sold out before it was even listed on the website?

Even Aion2 which I've never got to try is already sold out........well, they have Nyx but I'm afraid of the annealing temps with that.

Hayley
2008-01-07, 6:43pm
I think there is a glitch on its new website . . . you can't add anything to your cart.

Carols Glass
2008-01-07, 6:44pm
you can with Nyx but none of the others, that's why I figured they are already sold out. I hope you are right and there is still some glass left!

Thanks Hayley

Carols Glass
2008-01-07, 6:47pm
I have been saving some money for Khaos and can't wait to try it. I suppose I should be patient but the sample of Khaos on their website I've been looking at every day, (many times a day).........looks so incredibly awesome, I want it!

Double Helix Glassworks
2008-01-07, 10:15pm
Julie was messing with the website to make it easier to navigate, and somehow all the odds from the december sale reappeared. :rolleyes:It is fixed now, so that only products that are actually in stock appear on the page. We have not listed any new odds since the pre-holiday sale, but there are still some Terra odd lots available. Khaos is in final testing. We had to tweak it's expansion a little bit so it would play well with others. While I was messing with it I couldn't help but improve it's striking characteristics a bit too. :geek: It should be ready for sale in a week or two.=P~=P~=P~
Jed

nagibeads
2008-01-07, 10:35pm
WOOHOOO!!
Thanks Jed!!

Carols Glass
2008-01-07, 11:22pm
Yes, Woohoo and thanks from me, too!

Bubbyanne
2008-01-08, 12:08pm
Hi Jed,
You mentioned tweaking the expansion on the Khaos so it would play well with others.

I made 1 bead with Khaos samples you gave out and put it over lt topaz. It cracked like crazy and broke. Was it the lt topaz?
Are there some base colors that work better than others or would it be best to use it by itself?

When I get more time at the torch I intend to mess around with it a lot more. :)
Thanks,
Barb
Julie was messing with the website to make it easier to navigate, and somehow all the odds from the december sale reappeared. :rolleyes:It is fixed now, so that only products that are actually in stock appear on the page. We have not listed any new odds since the pre-holiday sale, but there are still some Terra odd lots available. Khaos is in final testing. We had to tweak it's expansion a little bit so it would play well with others. While I was messing with it I couldn't help but improve it's striking characteristics a bit too. :geek: It should be ready for sale in a week or two.=P~=P~=P~
Jed

Carols Glass
2008-01-08, 12:13pm
oh dear, that doesn't sound good at all :-(

SadiesJewels
2008-01-08, 4:24pm
I placed an order what seems ages ago ... are you still doing catch up? I'll go and check when I placed the order and follow up via email.

Hayley
2008-01-08, 4:33pm
I have been testing Khaos for Jed and so far, my beads that were made with Vetrofond Clear (as a core as well as encasing) and Moretti Silver Pink (as a base bead) have been fine - the one with CIM Unique Clear has incompatibility cracks. I have encased heavily with Vetrofond Clear without any problem.

krisdaka
2008-01-08, 9:51pm
I don't think I've had any cracking issues either. I used Diamond Clear to encase.
But I got a really nice email from Jed, Julie today that if I did have beads that broke, to send pics and a note and they would replace the cracked beads. How nice of them!!! That's the way to do business!!!! Thanks Jed and Julie! You rock.

Lara
2008-01-09, 7:41pm
I haven't had any cracking problems yet either. I am gald to read "While I was messing with it I couldn't help but improve it's striking characteristics a bit too." I found the Khoas pretty, but more difficult to strike than others.

beadbroad
2008-01-10, 7:56am
I got the same email, and considering the Khaos was a free sample I thought that was above and beyond. If people have been having trouble with the test batches I think that's fair -- they're still pricey, and you do expect compatibility. DH has been a consistently positive addition to this community, and I appreciate that.

GinnyHampton
2008-01-10, 2:00pm
We had to tweak it's expansion a little bit so it would play well with others. While I was messing with it I couldn't help but improve it's striking characteristics a bit too. :geek: It should be ready for sale in a week or two.=P~=P~=P~
Jed

WOO HOO!! I'll mark my calendar, I love the colors in Khaos :)