Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Class with Tink and John at Appalachian Center for Crafts

Glenda's Art Glass
2008-01-27, 5:35pm
Tink and John will be at the Appalachian Center for Crafts in Smithville, Tn. the week of June 9-13 teaching a Miniature Blown Vessels and More workshop. The center is now taking applications. I have already sent in my registration. A whole week with Tink and John will be fun. So come on all you Tennessee people check into it. It's a great opportunity for us and it is really not all that expensive for a whole week with such talented teachers.

Glenda

msjjjj
2008-01-27, 7:28pm
Hey Glenda - it's full, but I know that Gail will start a waiting list so people shouldn't give up hope.

Marjorie

Glenda's Art Glass
2008-01-27, 8:30pm
Thanks for the update Marjorie. I'm just glad that I got my registration in early so I could get a spot in the class. I'm sure your class must be full also. Those of us who live in West Tn. do not get this opportunity often with a class being so close. I have been flying to Las Vegas the last couple of years for the Glass and Bead Expo just to get the classes but that gets expensive fast. This way I can drive and save all of that ticket money for glass.

Glenda

msjjjj
2008-01-28, 4:47am
Hi again Glenda - you'll have a wonderful time with Tink and John and the class will be exceptional! If I could take more time off from work, I would have registered for it myself. My beginning/advanced beginning Craft Center class isn't full yet so if you know folks who might be interested, I know Gail would love to hear from them. The Appalachian Center for Craft is a little-known place offering classes out in the woods in middle TN - it's a great place for classes and relaxation.

Marjorie

p.s. (Brad Pearson will be teaching in Chattanooga again in November. That's a lot closer than you've been going. I'll be happy to give you more details if you'd like them!)

ginkgoglass
2008-01-28, 7:19am
Hi Marjorie, would you mind posting what classes will be available in Chattanooga this year? It is so much closer for me too.

msjjjj
2008-01-28, 8:03am
Hey Lana - Brad's will be the only official class here this year - I'll email details to you.

M.

FlameFilly
2008-01-28, 8:52am
Appalachian Center for Craft is an awesome place! Never took a class there but had friends that taught there years ago and it is just a beautiful place.

Wish I had the time or resources to take a class there. :sad:

Glenda's Art Glass
2008-01-28, 4:52pm
Marjorie, Could you please e-mail me the information on Brad's class. Chattanooga is only about 4 hours from me. I am close to Jackson Tn. between Memphis and Nashville. It would be great to get another class in this year.

Thanks, Glenda
glendajones@jonestn.com

Tink
2008-02-17, 8:05am
We're really looking forward to our visit to the Appalachian Center for Craft! One of the best things about this trip is that we're driving. That means we can bring EVERYTHING. You'd be amazed at how much you can learn in a week :-)