Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Simple Brass Tools are great!!!!

Juliac
2008-02-17, 10:02am
Last weekend, I had the luck and honor of not only taking a class with Kate Fowle, but I got to sit next to Stacylynn from Simple Brass Tools. Her tools are awesome. She was so generous with sharing and demo'ing her great tools. She showed me how to use one to put a neck on a vessel. They are solid brass. She has a lot of different designs and continues to make more. Of course I took home a couple!!!:smile: She has great customer service and is open to suggestions. Check her tools out!!

zen-mom
2008-02-17, 10:13am
I agree... Stacy is great :)
Here's the link to her website:
web.mac.com/yiotta55/sljewelrydesign/Welcome.html

Carols Glass
2008-02-17, 11:00am
how do you get to that website?

zen-mom
2008-02-17, 11:34am
Sorry, try this:
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yvon
2008-02-17, 12:40pm
I get to the site, but then it "locks" and doesn't let me see anything but the first page--cannot then scroll up and down. . . computers! Looks like there are some neat tools, though.

loribeads
2008-02-17, 4:14pm
Stacylynne also has an etsy shop:
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Juliac
2008-02-18, 9:36am
She advertises here too. Simple Brass Tools. She's a really nice lady too.

judi
2008-02-18, 11:36am
i have a wonderful brass tool by stacy lynne....i use it all the time!!!!!!!!!! check her out!

The Mad Beader
2008-02-18, 2:06pm
I will also say that her tools are awesome. You won't meet a nicer person!

Holly'sFolly
2008-02-18, 5:12pm
I just made the best barrel bead I've ever made with one of her back to backs! LOVE THAT TOOL!

StacyLynne
2008-02-18, 10:31pm
Thanks so much for all the wonderful compliments you have given our tools.
I am so excited to see what you are all making with them.

Julia Ha! You are the one that is so nice lol. Me Im a stinker.. Just ask Bindy.

Donna Thank you for the wonderful 2 days at Kate Fowels class, and your husband is just the nicest guy. Funny too.
Ill see you soon as I just might sign up for another class soon.

Yvon and CarolI hope the link worked for you as I have messed up my address so many times.

Lori... Hi SnickerDoodle

Judi Lets see some beads girl!!!:-P

Bindy I was just talking about you today, were your ears burning? Thanks my friend.

Holly. That is so great Holly. I am truly glad that you have made a perfect barrel bead. Can I see a picture of it when its out of the kiln?

We are working on another tool and its almost ready to go to a our testers!!!!!
Stay tuned....

Stacy (SL)

zen-mom
2008-02-18, 10:53pm
Oooo Oooo, am I tester??? Hmmmm? Pretty please :)

The Mad Beader
2008-02-19, 1:41am
Only if you bribe her Donna! LOL I think she loves glass if that helps. lol

LauraLou
2008-02-24, 9:27pm
Do these tools get hot? I know that sometimes my brass presses get hot and the glass wants to stick. Does this ever happen with these? They look awesome! I'd love to test, if you're looking for someone to do that :)
Laura

loribeads
2008-02-24, 11:49pm
Hi Laura,
I've used the back to back tool for a few months now and I have never gotten it hot enough to have glass stick to it.

Stacy, I love the back to back tool for making egg beads for easter! It's such a great tool. Thank you again!!!

StacyLynne
2008-02-25, 9:35am
Hi LauraLou

No they don't stick to the glass. They get warm like any tool does when you use it for a long period of time. I have never had glass stick to any of our tools.. Thanks for the compliment! Stacy

Do these tools get hot? I know that sometimes my brass presses get hot and the glass wants to stick. Does this ever happen with these? They look awesome! I'd love to test, if you're looking for someone to do that :)
Laura

StacyLynne
2008-02-25, 9:38am
Lori... Eggs?
Easter Eggs?
Can you show us?
Id love to see them....
Please Please Please....:waving:
SL

Hi Laura,
I've used the back to back tool for a few months now and I have never gotten it hot enough to have glass stick to it.

Stacy, I love the back to back tool for making egg beads for easter! It's such a great tool. Thank you again!!!

LauraLou
2008-02-25, 3:53pm
Sounds great! One more thing to add to my wish list! Thanks for the info,
Laura

Holly'sFolly
2008-02-27, 9:48am
Stacy, I would post it but... I took It and a handful of others to a friend's to show them off. The dogs were jumping and she insisted I put them in a jar... a glass jar. Something I would NEVER use to store beads. But I didn't want to hurt her feelings.

I returned home and stopped in the shop, placing the jar under the phone - somewhere I NEVER leave beads. They should have gone straight to the photo table. Today, I was making more beads when the phone rang. In an effort to save the bead I was working on and talk to a customer, I jerked the phone cord. Glass in glass making a three foot trip to a concrete floor. All but one little spacer broke!

And that is my tale of making beads with the most expensive glass I've ever used...Nyx.

Pretty pathetic, huh?

Karen Hardy
2008-02-27, 9:56am
If you find your beads sticking to the brass, add a few drops of
beeswax to the surface of the marver. It works wonders!

I have two of these marvers (bought them at the So cal flamesurfers
meeting) and I'm LOVING them! They work great - and since they're brass
they're perfect if you need to do some quick cooling to bring out color
(such as when you are using raku frit - or making boro beads).

Plus - these are a GREAT price! Marvers like these typically go
for about 2-3x what they are charging. I think these are the best
brass marvers around, you get a lotta bang for your buck!

...and if you need any tool testers - I would be one seriously happy camper
(and I take great pics of the finished products too :grin:).

StacyLynne
2008-02-28, 9:33am
Karen.
Thanks
So glad you like them. I love em too... ;-)

SL

barbaracollins
2008-03-04, 3:12am
I love my brass tools also. I hope Stacy makes more of these. Thanks Stacy.

eross
2008-03-04, 2:31pm
My DH gave me three of StacyLynne's tools for Christmas. I have struggled for a long time to make lentils, but tool #4 (back to back) really helps me set up the bead before pressing in the mold. I am now having great success with my lentils.
Thanks StacyLynne.

Liz

judi
2008-03-05, 8:52am
i was using my stacy tool the other night...it is something i use everytime i torch now! i just love it!

loribeads
2008-03-10, 4:20pm
Here ya go, Stacy. Hey, I also used your back to back tool in a video I put up on youtube.com - it helped me make the tube bead for the bone bead I was making for the tutorial video. Thanks a million times, SL!!!

Lori... Eggs?
Easter Eggs?
Can you show us?
Id love to see them....
Please Please Please....:waving:
SL

StacyLynne
2008-03-11, 6:20pm
Lori those are so so adorable.. I think you should send em to me... :poke:

Hey whats the link to the video tut?

Stacylynne

Here ya go, Stacy. Hey, I also used your back to back tool in a video I put up on youtube.com - it helped me make the tube bead for the bone bead I was making for the tutorial video. Thanks a million times, SL!!!

Beadanna
2008-03-17, 7:58am
StaceyLynn
The only live link on the Home Page of your website is your email address and the Made on a Mac link. I'd love a look at the tools you have
Beadanna

zen-mom
2008-03-17, 8:10am
Beadanna,
Try her Etsy shop here... To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I'll e-mail and let her know there is something funky going on with her website.

StacyLynne
2008-03-17, 8:32am
Beadanna,
Try her Etsy shop here... To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I'll e-mail and let her know there is something funky going on with her website.

Thanks Donna. I fixed it... Not sure why it did that but I got it fixed...
Beadanna. Sorry about that,, Its fixed now. Let me know if I can be of any help.

Stacy

Beadanna
2008-03-18, 9:39am
Thanks Donna and Stacy
Beadanna

krfteldy
2008-03-18, 12:33pm
Lori,

What is the name of the youtube video? Would love to watch it.

Nancy

Marjo
2008-03-18, 3:54pm
found it!