Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : New Studio Progress

evenia
2005-11-21, 12:49pm
Slapped some paint on the cement walls. Got lights up and electricity run. Ventilation, heat duct, hard propane line, NG line and shelves are still to come. We have 5 days off...gonna try to get it all done by then.
Here's what it looks like so far...

Mr. Smiley
2005-11-25, 6:02am
Kewl... :D

evenia
2005-11-27, 8:36am
We have made progress but not as much as we'd hoped. Our house was built in 1916 and has had MANY coats of Stucco. We did our dryer vent 8 years ago when we bought the house and it took forever. It has taken 1 full day so far and starting again today, but we are almost done with making the hole for the ventalation. My DH actually caught a DRILL BIT on fire...You can see why...
Here is a pic of the vent hood he made for me...
And a pic of the lovely NG line that took 2 days...
Isn't it pretty?!?!
OK, JK.
Hopefully it will now be finished over xmas break since it's back to studying today for him.

:)

cellobead
2005-11-27, 9:41am
Great new studio! Having an older home I know the "fun" about going through walls. My studio has the same color walls!! Evidently someone who lived in the house before us got a paint sprayer and sprayed everything, and I mean everything, lavender!! I'm slowly adding large sections of yellow but will most likely stick with the lavender pipes, lavender ceiling, etc. The yellow has brightened the room and offered a visual break from all the lavender. Just a bit too much of a good color in my studio. :lol: It looks good in yours. Have fun!

FlameDancer
2005-11-28, 2:15pm
That's going to be a GREAT studio when you're done with it! Isn't it so exciting to work on? I can't wait to see pics of the finished room:)

Heather/Ericaceae
2005-12-01, 1:06pm
That hole looks a lot like mine in my 1909 house! Except we have cedar split shingle siding (over clapboard) instead of stucco. Our wall already had a 3" hole from the days when it was legal for your eavestrough to come into your basement and drain into the common sewer line. I used a jigsaw and then a handsaw to get through the last layer, but I really wished I had a reciprocating saw! What did your husband use for the cutting?

GREAT looking hood, by the way! You're going to have such a perfect studio when you're done!!! Congratulations on the groundwork you've done already!

-Heather

evenia
2005-12-01, 1:37pm
That hole looks a lot like mine in my 1909 house! Except we have cedar split shingle siding (over clapboard) instead of stucco. Our wall already had a 3" hole from the days when it was legal for your eavestrough to come into your basement and drain into the common sewer line. I used a jigsaw and then a handsaw to get through the last layer, but I really wished I had a reciprocating saw! What did your husband use for the cutting?

GREAT looking hood, by the way! You're going to have such a perfect studio when you're done!!! Congratulations on the groundwork you've done already!

-Heather
8 years ago when he made the dryer vent hole he used every kind of saw under the moon with no luck. After that learning expierence, for this hole he drilled 9 large holes in the shape of the circle and then took a sledge hammer to it. Then he cleaned it up with the drill and a dremmel. Originally he was planning to make 27 drill holes but since it took 5 hours to drill 9, he thought that would hopefully be enough. The last hole was the one that caught the drill bit on fire. That was the other reason for 9 holes, he wore out all of his large diameter drill bits. LOL

evenia
2006-01-08, 3:09pm
Here are some new ones from today. Main desk is moved in, two shelves are hung. Kiln is moved in and ventilation is in last stages.

Gelly
2006-01-10, 9:34am
It's looking great!!!!... and it looks like you found some way of getting him away from the x-box. Don't tell us how you did it here, this isn't the bathroom, lol!

evenia
2006-01-10, 9:56pm
Gelly, he did it on his own...wow!!!!
More progress...ventilation is done. Glass is in and tools are sorta in. Some more shelves still need to be put up. computer & printer and photo area still need to go in as well as the jewelry making area. Tomorrow. night...

Kalera
2006-01-10, 10:36pm
What an awesome space!

evenia
2006-01-12, 6:27pm
So close guys.
Christian got the ethernot drop and the cable drop in here tonight and he is working on the las 3 lights. I just have a few more little items to move in and 2 small tables. Then I can fill the shelves with my books and show stuff and ... well ... crap!

evenia
2006-01-12, 7:50pm
Pretty much all done and moved in. Still have some space left! My hubby rocks! He can now play all the XBOX he wants.
Too bad this will probably be the last time it is ever clean. :)

Holly
2006-01-12, 11:03pm
Wow Evie! That space is fabulous!

Hols

Bubbyanne
2006-01-13, 12:58am
Hoooray! Julie!~
I haven't been able to check up on this thread the past couple days.
Shazam! There it is all done and ready for you to go to town messing it all up!
Great set up and a darned good hubby you've got there. Congrats!
I can't wait to see some Evie beadies!
Go have some fun!!!

evenia
2006-01-13, 7:28am
I'm so frickin happy I can't stand it. I didn't make any beads yet. I just sat in there for 2 hours "tweaking" things and just enjoying MY space. I's so nice to have it sepearted from the rest of the basement. I can't quit grinning!

boheme'
2006-01-16, 11:37am
Hi Julie:waving:

It was so nice to meet you this weekend. OOOOOOOOOO I love your studio - can I come and play sometime when I go home to visit my Mom - I'm only 30 minutes from Columbia?

Hey what kind of box to you have your rods in with the pvc downspouts?? That's a great idea.

ltsexpressions
2006-01-16, 3:15pm
Julie,

Wah hoo.....etc... I LOVE your space! I'm gonna have to take a roadtrip your direction and come watch you CUDA!!!

ok, now off to make that phone call to the person you suggested to PM.....

can everyone say CUDA!!!!! LOL

Rebekah
2006-01-16, 3:34pm
Evie! Your studio looks great! I am so excited for you chicklet. Now get in there and make some pretties!

Bek

evenia
2006-01-16, 5:41pm
Hi Julie:waving:

It was so nice to meet you this weekend. OOOOOOOOOO I love your studio - can I come and play sometime when I go home to visit my Mom - I'm only 30 minutes from Columbia?

Hey what kind of box to you have your rods in with the pvc downspouts?? That's a great idea.

I got those at wally world. Shanette has them too. There is a pic in the storage thread too.

evenia
2006-01-16, 5:42pm
CUDA!!!!!

Julie,

Wah hoo.....etc... I LOVE your space! I'm gonna have to take a roadtrip your direction and come watch you CUDA!!!

ok, now off to make that phone call to the person you suggested to PM.....

can everyone say CUDA!!!!! LOL

evenia
2006-01-16, 5:43pm
Evie! Your studio looks great! I am so excited for you chicklet. Now get in there and make some pretties!

Bek
Thanks sweets. I think you should take the long way home when you go back and come to como for a visit!!!!

shadowsong
2006-01-17, 10:12am
Look great Julie!!!!

*Waving*