Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Turtle Video tutorial

SamanthaBeads
2008-03-12, 6:22pm
Here is a turtle tutorial up on you tube, enjoy!

Samantha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2UudOyt7ek

jaci
2008-03-12, 6:58pm
wow you have been busy!!!

houptdavid
2008-03-12, 6:59pm
Once again...

Bravo

You've been busy.

Lara
2008-03-12, 8:20pm
Very cute. Good job and thanks for the link.

theglasszone
2008-03-12, 8:25pm
So great! You've been on such a ROLL!!! We just love them! Thanks again so much! This guy is really cute!

DeAnne in CA

Parrotise
2008-03-13, 7:36pm
Ok, since I posted my results from the fish video I thought the little turtle shouldn't be left out! Here is my first turtle after watching your turtle video. Thanks for making the videos! I can't wait on more!

Man, after looking at those pictures I reaized I left the toes off! Poor little guy!

SamanthaBeads
2008-03-13, 8:13pm
Vicki, I am so glad you posted the little fella...he is so cute!

Samantha

GlassChick
2008-03-13, 9:29pm
That is an AWESOME bead, enjoyed the video. Thanks for sharing. I'll have to try that. I LOVE turtles!!!

Lynn

Sherena
2008-03-14, 2:09pm
I tired my hand at following Samantha's Turtle Tut. I had only started making hollow beads the day before, as my 15 year old son tried one, so of course I couldn't have him one up'ing me. After I made hollow beads, I then tried to see if I could accomplish a turtle. And well, I named him Mush (as his body got a little mushed at the front end near mandrel hole).

Thanks for making such great Tuts, Samantha. I enjoyed making my little guy.

I look forward to viewing more.

Cheers,

Sherena =)

SamanthaBeads
2008-03-14, 5:03pm
Sherena, that is too cute...so did you use the hollow bead to make the turtle?

Samantha

Sherena
2008-03-14, 5:13pm
Yes, from what I learned the day before, I managed to get the hollow bead part down. The hard part for me was squishing the bead so that next time it won't mush up so much. Going to practice some more, and make some more buddies for Mush. I am soooo glad that I have a friend that is obsessed with turtles, so I am sure she won't mind adopting them.

Thanks for helping to inspire me, and to my son to get me motivated to try something beyond my newbie repertoire.

Sherena =)

SamanthaBeads
2008-03-14, 5:34pm
You're welcome Sherena....the turtle in the video isnt made with a hollow bead though, only the fish I make do I use the hollows for. Maybe just try a solid bead, it will work much better for you = )

Samantha

Sherena
2008-03-14, 5:54pm
Ohhh Thanks, Dohh...Maybe that will help.

Sherena =)

granny
2008-03-14, 8:10pm
As A newbie, I LOVE all the tutorials that you have shared!!!
I am a very visual learner and this helps sooooo much!
Thank you for taking the time

granny

blong2001
2008-03-14, 8:18pm
This is just too cute! Thanks for your hard work!
Beth

Vangy
2008-03-15, 9:22pm
My little daughter really likes the turtle Tutorial! She said "Mommy, I'll miss you".

I rent torch/kiln time. She was letting me know it is OK for me to go "torch" so she can have a turtle.

So glad I have permission! Also, so glad you made these tutorials!

Thank you,
Vangy

DayDream Beads
2008-03-16, 12:43am
Samantha, your turtle is so cute.

DayDream Beads
2008-03-16, 12:44am
Vickie, your little toeless turtle is cute too, I didn't even notice he had no toes until you mentioned it. He's stll cute.

DayDream Beads
2008-03-16, 12:47am
Sherena, your little turtle is a sweetie, you picked a good name for him too.

Nouveau Glass Works
2008-03-19, 9:22pm
your tutorials are great and very well made. you make everything look so easy. i just discovered your turtle video and can't wait to try one. my daughter has 3 pet tortoises, our grandkids, and i know she will get a big kick out of one of your turtles.
karen m

AnnDK
2008-03-20, 2:52am
Wow! Great video Samantha! And CUTE turtle! You make it look SOOOO easy ;)
Your videos are very easy to follow and I get so inspired by watching them. Don't stop showing us your great tips and tricks!
(I do wish you'd turned off the radio, though... )

:D Ann

Glasstastic Treasures
2008-03-20, 9:36am
giggle** those are so cute!! I can't wait to try that, with the floral body. I love them!

Jaterwunky
2008-03-22, 7:23pm
GREAT TUT!!!!!
Now I want to go make some turtles.... THank you for sharing

pegz
2008-03-23, 8:51am
Awesome tutorial!!! Thanks so much for doing that.
I have been making some, and boy was I going about it the most complicated way!!!!

I can't wait to try this!!!!

Carols Glass
2008-03-23, 3:06pm
Vicki and SHerena, cute turtles, don't you just love them?

Mine might be wonky but they're still cute :-).

Carols Glass
2008-03-24, 11:33am
Here is a pic of my dinosaur-necked turtles, haha!

BeadMaven
2008-03-24, 12:11pm
I made a turtle a while ago!

I forgots his toes though! :lol:

It was just on a whim while playing with frit, I hope he turns out cute.
I'll post pics when he cools..I batch anneal so if he survives the blanket I'll anneal him.

Thanks for all the tuts Samantha!!!

Carols Glass
2008-03-24, 12:20pm
I made a turtle a while ago!

I forgots his toes though! :lol:

It was just on a whim while playing with frit, I hope he turns out cute.
I'll post pics when he cools..I batch anneal so if he survives the blanket I'll anneal him.

Thanks for all the tuts Samantha!!!

I'll be waiting to see your pics!

tt4st
2008-03-24, 1:22pm
Excellent! Thank you for taking the time to make these vids because they sure are helping me!

SamanthaBeads
2008-03-24, 2:04pm
and again Carol, these are just awesome!! I can't believe how well you have done with all of them on your first tries! The necks are a little tricky, but after a while you can do it in your sleep!

Beadmaven...cant wait to see your pics too!

tt4st...glad the videos are helping!

Samantha

BeadMaven
2008-03-24, 2:37pm
Ok, here he is! Scuse the bead poop, he will be annealed and cleaned soon ;)

Heh....I had fun!

I made him a girlfriend too...with Val's Carnation frit.

She is H.O.T.....still is the blanket. :lol:

BeadMaven
2008-03-24, 2:39pm
and again Carol, these are just awesome!! I can't believe how well you have done with all of them on your first tries! The necks are a little tricky, but after a while you can do it in your sleep! Beadmaven...cant wait to see your pics too!

tt4st...glad the videos are helping!

Samantha

NO kidding the the neck thing....my guy has a bit of a "side look" thing going on...lol...I thought it gave him "character"...lol

Carols Glass
2008-03-24, 4:07pm
Thanks again, Samantha. I will definitely work on the dino necks, lol.

Carols Glass
2008-03-24, 4:09pm
Ok, here he is! Scuse the bead poop, he will be annealed and cleaned soon ;)

Heh....I had fun!

I made him a girlfriend too...with Val's Carnation frit.

She is H.O.T.....still is the blanket. :lol:

Your turtle is so cute!

BeadMaven
2008-03-24, 5:41pm
Here is a pic of my dinosaur-necked turtles, haha!

Catching up - they are SO cute Carol!!
Everyone's are! WTG!!!

Carols Glass
2008-03-24, 7:35pm
Thanks, BeadMaven, I agree, everyone's turtles are cute!

SamanthaBeads
2008-03-25, 6:56am
Beadmaven, that is adorable! I love the colors you got on the body!!

Samantha

BeadMaven
2008-03-25, 8:26am
Thanks Samantha!

His girlfriend cracked. She was bigger and it was really hard on my HH to keep her all warm. :( More PPP!

Carols Glass
2008-03-25, 9:01am
That is heartbreaking about his g/f!!! She's really cute, too!

SamanthaBeads
2008-03-25, 9:18am
thats a bummer she cracked, she had really great colors too!

Samantha

Teena
2008-03-25, 9:43am
Samantha,
Great video on your turtle bead! I'm making some watermellon fish, I think turtles would look cute too!
Thanks, keep up the good videos!
We all enjoy them.
Teena

Jasio
2008-03-25, 7:49pm
I enjoyed watching your tutorials, very helpful :) They are fun to make and he will definately have some pals very soon

SamanthaBeads
2008-03-25, 7:58pm
Jasio, that is soooo cute!!!! keep up the good work! I just love seeing what everyone has made!

Samantha

Tillie
2008-03-26, 6:09pm
Here is my first attempt at a turtle! I kind of combined the tutorial on the turtle and the one on the dragon scales, and surprised myself! He's teeny tiny, but he's all mine! 'Scuse the bead poop...couldn't wait to show him off!
I use a HH and bulk propane.

Carols Glass
2008-03-26, 6:13pm
That's so cute! Hey, I just subscribed to the dragon scales tutorial that Amber did because I want to try that for my turtle next. I will have to make a girlie turtle because on the list of things needed, I only have the EDP to use.

SamanthaBeads
2008-03-26, 7:28pm
Too sweet Tillie ! The eyes are just perfect!

Parrotise
2008-03-26, 10:57pm
Everyone's turtles are so cute! I have one in the kiln right now. My son (he's 25) requested one with a hat. He always wears an orange shirt with his red baseball cap backwards. So, if my turtle survives it will be orange with a red cap and a crooked smile like his. Oh, and without the toes. He thinks they are just too much, lol. I'll post him when he comes out of the kiln.

Dragonfly Queen
2008-03-27, 4:37pm
Samantha, What an awesome and inspiring video. I want to go home and play right now!

Carol, Your turtles don't have dinasour necks, they look like they are out of their little shells eating.

Everybody that posted a turtle, they look great and too cute. The GF turtle that cracked was really pretty and her eyes look sad too.

Inez

Sherena
2008-03-27, 4:41pm
I love all the turtles everyone has done, I just think they are SOooooo Much Fun!!! (it also helps to have a great tut video by Samantha to show us the way...) \\:D/

Parrotise
2008-03-27, 5:37pm
Ok, here is my blue turtle and my son's orange turtle with backwards cap.

Samantha, these are so much fun to make. With each one I begin to see a little bit different personality. Again, thanks for the videos! Oops, excuse the bead poop! I need to clean those!

SamanthaBeads
2008-03-27, 5:49pm
Wow Vicki, you did such a great job. Love the mouths and I love the one with the baseball cap, that is just too cute!!

Samantha

theglasszone
2008-03-27, 6:06pm
Very Cute Turtles so far, everyone!

Samantha~This was my "spin" on your tutorial; I pulled a "shell" murrini, and used it when making this Big Hole Bead for Pandora - it also has my "Oceanic" base...There's two baby turtles, facing opposite one another, along with coral and barnacles (couldn't wait to post, so it's still on the mandrel):

"Baby Turtle BHB":

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x280/theglasszone/Bead%20Photos/TurtleBHB2.jpg
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x280/theglasszone/Bead%20Photos/TurtleBHB1.jpg
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x280/theglasszone/Bead%20Photos/TurtleBHB3.jpg

Keep 'em coming!!!!

DeAnne in CA

SamanthaBeads
2008-03-27, 6:24pm
That's awesome DeAnne, and really the whole point of a tutorial..to watch, learn and make it your own. You did a wonderful job, and that is a really clever idea.

Samantha

CBDS
2008-03-27, 6:44pm
Awesome! My sister-in-law asked me to make her a turtle bead, and then you post this. Thanks for your ESPN...\\:D/

theglasszone
2008-03-27, 8:06pm
That's awesome DeAnne, and really the whole point of a tutorial..to watch, learn and make it your own. You did a wonderful job, and that is a really clever idea.

Samantha

Thanks, Samantha! I'm loving making them - I've made 4 already - ha!!!

DeAnne in CA

Nouveau Glass Works
2008-03-27, 8:20pm
samantha,:lol:
that tutorial was great and yes they are fun to make like everyone says. even for someone who hasn't the greatest experience can make something pretty cute. here is my turtle. i need to practice a lot and do more for my daughter who has the pet tortoises. and that turtle with the ball cap is great.
karen

Carols Glass
2008-03-27, 8:38pm
Vicki, your son is going to love that turtle with the cap! I sure love it.
Thanks Inez, I feel better about it now, really. I have another turtle in the oven right now and it has the scales that Amber gives a tutorial for. My printer didn't work so I had to keep reading it over and over till I memorized it :-).
karen, that is one really sweet looking turtle. It's got personality!
This is just too much fun! I was doing boro but had to quit because of one of my tools getting bent so I switched back to soft glass and making a turtle! My DS said "Nice lookin turtle you got there", lol.
Thanks Sherena, aren't they all just so sweet, and DeAnne's yours are no exception, those are great!

Parrotise
2008-03-28, 7:16am
Deanne & Karen those are wonderful! Ok, so this little guy isn't a turtle, but he was inspired by Samantha's tutorials. Meet my very first snail. I opted for bug eyes instead of antennas. One thing I did learn was that I need to twist his shell in opposite directions to make them look like the shell is flowing the same way on both sides. I'll do that next time, lol.

SamanthaBeads
2008-03-28, 7:17am
Karen your turtle is great! its really cool how everyone has added their own play on them. Keep the pics coming, just lovin them all!

Samantha

SamanthaBeads
2008-03-28, 7:19am
Love the snail Vicki ! the colors in the body came out awesome!

Samantha

DayDream Beads
2008-03-28, 2:15pm
Vicki, That turtle is so darn cute!! I have to keep going back at it and laughing, he is so sweet, just like a boy turtle should look. I love it. I'm going back to look at him again! lol

DayDream Beads
2008-03-28, 2:21pm
CAROL!!! Your turtles came out sooooo cute! They look like their looking for something to eat. So clever. You need to make some greens and put around them. lol Sweet. lolol

DayDream Beads
2008-03-28, 2:26pm
BeadMaven, Those turtles are fantastic!! Love their bodies, how cute, can't wait to see the girlfriend.

DayDream Beads
2008-03-28, 2:29pm
BeadMaven, What a cute girlfriend. I really like her colors. I'm sorry to hear she cracked. Do you plan on making another one? She is still cute, send her to the turtle hospital to get glued back together. lol

DayDream Beads
2008-03-28, 2:33pm
Jasio, I really like the color choice for your turtle, you can tell he has to be a boy turtle.
He came out very nice, good job.

DayDream Beads
2008-03-28, 2:41pm
These turtles are too much, they are all so perfect, they all look like they have a personality of their own. You all should be naming these little guys.
Everyone who has made turtles that I've see are soo sweet, they are so much fun to look at.
I can hardly wait to see more, more turtles please!!! lol They put a smile on my face.

Carols Glass
2008-03-29, 11:31am
Thanks, Diane, for the compliments :-).

Parrotise
2008-03-29, 2:10pm
Thanks Diane! He was so much fun to make I'm making more with different colors. BTW, my son did love him. Funny to see a 25 yr old man showing it off. His wife was also crazy about it. Oh, and my 2 yr old granddaughter claimed the snail and named him Scootie. She told me snails live on the ground and and in the trees.

DayDream Beads
2008-03-29, 2:53pm
How cute, Scootie is a good name.

Dragonfly Queen
2008-03-30, 2:03pm
Here is my first and only turtle so far. I lost one of his pupils somewhere in the process and put his tail on crooked, but I had fun making him and really like him myself. My DF really thinks he's cute too, but that's what he'e supposed to say. :smile:

http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=59245&stc=1&d=1206910838

Carols Glass
2008-03-30, 2:23pm
Here is my first and only turtle so far. I lost one of his pupils somewhere in the process and put his tail on crooked, but I had fun making him and really like him myself. My DF really thinks he's cute too, but that's what he'e supposed to say. :smile:

http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=59245&stc=1&d=1206910838

He's darling! I made 2 turtles with the scales, one with green and one with pink and I put some EDP on the pink one's toenails. I used Effetre dark pink for the legs and feet and head. She's a cutie. My DIL really like her the best. I think I'm addicted to making turtles, frogs, fish, dogs, etc. etc. lol.

Carols Glass
2008-03-30, 2:25pm
...........and I really love that snail just the way you did it!

Carols Glass
2008-03-30, 2:28pm
jasio, I think your turtle is the sweetest!

Dragonfly Queen
2008-03-30, 3:05pm
Thanx, Carol. I would really love to see the pink one. Love the scales, I think it's perfect for the Turtles.

Oh, yeah and many thanx again and again to Samantha for the video. Love it, its a good start for me to move towards making animals instead of just round all the time. Thanx, for the challenge!

Inez

SamanthaBeads
2008-03-30, 5:56pm
Inez, that turtle is really cute and really small!! I surely couldnt do anything that tiny, I cant imagine how hard that was. Here is one I made yesterday, its huge, but to me bigger is easier, but for others smaller is easier...maybe its because my hands are so big LOL!

Samantha

Nouveau Glass Works
2008-03-30, 6:35pm
here is another turtle from me. they are so much fun to make. samantha your video made it so much easier then i thought it would be. thanks=D>
karen m

danelady
2008-03-30, 7:22pm
Great Video Samantha, your beads are just so darn beautiful AND cute! Hey my Nile Green pops like that too!
Hugs
LynnieHere is a turtle tutorial up on you tube, enjoy!

Samantha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2UudOyt7ek

SamanthaBeads
2008-03-30, 7:28pm
Awesome Karen! That is one happy turtle...great expression!

Thanks Lynnie....musta been a bad batch of nile green, full of bubbles. I will be glad when my stash is gone so I can get more that doesnt have the bubbles in it.

Samantha

Sherena
2008-03-30, 7:52pm
here is another turtle from me. they are so much fun to make. samantha your video made it so much easier then i thought it would be. thanks=D>
karen m

Ooohhhh I love his smile =)

Carols Glass
2008-03-30, 8:56pm
I think I like looking at all these turtles as much as I like making them! I love your turtle's smile too, Karen!

Note, my Nile green pops like that too! It's horrible! Sometimes it seems the flame eats half a rod popping it all over the place before I can use any of it.

Carols Glass
2008-03-30, 8:57pm
Samantha, I just saw your newest turtle! It's beautiful, I just love it :-).

Inez, I'll try to post pics of both the green and the pink one tomorrow!

Dragoneyes
2008-03-30, 11:58pm
My first turtle is called Sammy and the second one is Lammy, Sammy got hurt in the kiln and cracked but I glued him together and since he is my first born I am going to keep him, he has a painted dessert shell and grass green body so here is what he looks like.
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r314/dragoneyes3820/BeadTurtleLight.jpg
Lammy is the second born and is a little wide eyed with all that went on during his birth. He has a nice Lapis Unique shell and grass green everything else.
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r314/dragoneyes3820/BeadTurtleDark2.jpg

SamanthaBeads
2008-03-31, 9:34am
Sammy and Lammy are sooo cute! Are they Hollow?

Samantha

Dragoneyes
2008-03-31, 11:02am
Hi Samantha, first thank you so much for the tut on turtles. Sammy and Lammy are not hollow. The tutorial you posted was just the thing to get me up and running. I now can make turtles, penguins and bees. My wife and I have been making beads since September or October and are in Haley's perfect bead challenge. Any way thank you so much for the inspiration and the fun in making turtles.

theglasszone
2008-03-31, 11:08pm
I know I posted a pic. of this little bead when i first made it; I've removed it from the mandrel and cleaned it up a bit...made on a 3/16" mandrel, it's got a nice, big hole and can fit on a Pandora:

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x280/theglasszone/Ocean%20Beads/TurtleBHB4.jpg
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x280/theglasszone/Ocean%20Beads/TurtleBHB2.jpg
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x280/theglasszone/Ocean%20Beads/TurtleBHB1.jpg

I'm loving at all the darling turtles!!! I used to have one when I was a kid - back in the day when you could buy an itty-bitty one in the pet department of Woolworths!!! :) This has been really fun and inspirational! Thanks again, Samantha!

DeAnne in CA

Parrotise
2008-03-31, 11:17pm
Deanne I love that bead! It is so cute! I used to have turtles when I was a little girl, too. Then my daughter had 3 of them. We had hers until they got too big for the aquarium and we let them go free in a friend's pond.

danelady
2008-03-31, 11:21pm
Deanne! WHat a great turtle! I love the murinni too!
HUgs
LynnieI know I posted a pic. of this little bead when i first made it; I've removed it from the mandrel and cleaned it up a bit...made on a 3/16" mandrel, it's got a nice, big hole and can fit on a Pandora:

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x280/theglasszone/Ocean%20Beads/TurtleBHB4.jpg
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x280/theglasszone/Ocean%20Beads/TurtleBHB2.jpg
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x280/theglasszone/Ocean%20Beads/TurtleBHB1.jpg

I'm loving at all the darling turtles!!! I used to have one when I was a kid - back in the day when you could buy an itty-bitty one in the pet department of Woolworths!!! :) This has been really fun and inspirational! Thanks again, Samantha!

DeAnne in CA

Carols Glass
2008-04-01, 12:05pm
It's so funny, I was thinking of something to name my turtle and was thinking Sammy but I come here and it's already taken, LOL. I love the Sammie and Lammie turtles! Well, I'm sure I'll come up with some other name. Here are my latest 2 turtles:

I'm sorry I didn't post yesterday but I was rarely home!

btw, these 2 turtles were made with scales as in Amber's tutorial (Naos). Thanks, Amber!

theglasszone
2008-04-01, 12:07pm
Carol~Oh, how darling!!! Is that a fresh turtle/pedicure of EDP on your girl? Adorable!!!

DeAnne in CA

Carols Glass
2008-04-01, 12:19pm
DeAnne, yes, she's a girlie girl and wanted her toenails to look "done" so I obliged and it is EDP on her nails, lol. She wanted me to put that pink bow on her head but that I wouldn't do because it's just too big! I think I will call her "Prissy", thanks for the compliments.

I do believe I already told you I loved your turtle bead when it was posted before but if not, I love your big-hole turtle bead, it's beautiful!

SamanthaBeads
2008-04-01, 3:30pm
awesome turtles Carol! love the EDP in the 1st one, I hardly ever use that color..think I am out of it, again I love the little smiles too!

Samantha

Carols Glass
2008-04-01, 5:21pm
Thanks, Samantha! I have over a pound of EDP I think, so I need to use it somewhere, lol.

Dragoneyes
2008-04-01, 5:50pm
Hi again Samantha, here is the latest Hammy, born last night with Black Nebula shell, and Psyche, apparently I did not get it hot enough for the Psyche to work but it still came out ok. Now I have to start looking around the house for places to put all of these. :wave: Thanks again Samantha hopefully next one I will try with the mandrel hole under the neck.
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r314/dragoneyes3820/Hammy1.jpghttp://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r314/dragoneyes3820/Hammy2.jpg

Dragoneyes
2008-04-01, 5:57pm
Hi Carol, I am sorry I took Sammy as a name for my turtle, it was actually my wife's idea, a good one at that, so Sammie would have worked fine and I would not mind in the least. Yours is so cute. Good job. Steve

cherie
2008-04-02, 8:48am
He is so adorable!

SamanthaBeads
2008-04-02, 10:53am
Steve ...he is a cutie!! When I use the silver glass as the shell of the turtle I make the whole thing heat it all up like I would just before placing it in the kiln, turn down the oxy on the torch, strike the glass then place in the kiln.

Samantha

Dragoneyes
2008-04-02, 12:56pm
Hi Samantha, I had struck the shell and got the color I wanted, but then decided to add the Psyche, I guess in doing so it took out the Black Nebula and then would not set the Psyche. Thank you for the advice and I will try that next time, it seems easier your way which I did not think of(duh). So thank you again Samantha. Steve

pegz
2008-04-06, 5:25pm
Samantha, That was a great tutorial!!!! Thanks again for sharing.
Thanks so much!

He's supposed to be for an exchange I joined in the patio, but I'm getting kind of attached... LOL!

Carols Glass
2008-04-06, 5:35pm
Awww, Peg, I can certainly see why. Well, just make another one for yourself!

Carols Glass
2008-04-06, 5:38pm
Hi Samantha, I had struck the shell and got the color I wanted, but then decided to add the Psyche, I guess in doing so it took out the Black Nebula and then would not set the Psyche. Thank you for the advice and I will try that next time, it seems easier your way which I did not think of(duh). So thank you again Samantha. Steve

Thanks for the liberty to use Sammie as a name, LOL! I will eventually, I bet because I'm making these turtles a lot these days. Last night I was having no luck making beads so I made turtles instead and loved every minute of it. All the while, I'm thinking of funny stories to go with each one. It's just too much fun!

SamanthaBeads
2008-04-06, 6:42pm
Peg, I would be attached too..what a little cutie!!

Samantha

pegz
2008-04-07, 5:25pm
Well, it's official... I'm keeping it -- I discovered a little crack today (near the feet on the other side of the pic). LOL! Gotta keep that other side warm too!

Glasstastic Treasures
2008-05-04, 5:44am
Very nice little snail!!

Deanne & Karen those are wonderful! Ok, so this little guy isn't a turtle, but he was inspired by Samantha's tutorials. Meet my very first snail. I opted for bug eyes instead of antennas. One thing I did learn was that I need to twist his shell in opposite directions to make them look like the shell is flowing the same way on both sides. I'll do that next time, lol.

Jane P
2008-05-09, 8:10am
I just discovered this thread/tutorial - and it is fantastic. What a great job you have done Samantha - thank you so much. I received one of Sherena's little turtles in the "Canadian Play It Forward" game here on LE, and just love him. I am now going to give it a try myself with the help of your tutorial.
Thanks again!

Jane P
2008-05-12, 6:33pm
Here are a couple of little Samantha turtles that I have done, following Samantha's tutorial. They were just too much fun - and I ended up making about 10 in one sitting.

A little girl turtle.
and a little boy turtle - I changed the hole to the side, and I think I like it better as it gives a longer "shell".

Thanks for this great tutorial Samantha!:smile:

Carols Glass
2008-05-12, 8:48pm
Jane P, formerly GinnyP, those are really sweet turtles there!

Jane P
2008-05-12, 10:19pm
Thanks Carol, they sure were fun to make! Also a great way to "test" out various colour combinations and designs for the shell.

SamanthaBeads
2008-05-13, 5:47am
Awesome Jane! those turned out so nice!

Samantha

theglasszone
2008-05-13, 10:34am
Adorable, everyone! And that girly-girl turtle, with her pink toes and everything - so cute!

DeAnne in CA

beadandi
2008-05-14, 7:30am
I ran across this tutorial yesterday and fell in love...I fired up my kiln just so I could make a couple turtles and here they are. The pink one is also my first attempt at encase flowers...also thanks to Samantha...great tutorials.

Hope you enjoy them.

Sandi

SamanthaBeads
2008-05-14, 7:37am
Sandi, those are great! I love how you did the feet differently!

Samantha

beadandi
2008-05-14, 7:58am
Thanks Samanatha...I had trouble getting toes on without melting in so I used my razor & just indented them and I thought they looked pretty cute. Thanks for the tutorial....I loved it. Do you mind if I make some for my Etsy shoppe and of course mention your great tutorial?

Thanks,
Sandi

SamanthaBeads
2008-05-14, 8:02am
of course you can Sandi...and so can anyone else for that matter...you make them, their yours, sell away = )

Samantha

Parrotise
2008-05-17, 6:56am
I PM'ed her privately to congratulate her, but I wanted to make sure everyone else saw this. Samantha won 2nd place in Delphi's online glass art contest (http://www.delphiglass.com/index.cfm?page=agf_winners) for one of her adorable little turtles! (in the link you will need to select a catagory and go to jewelry & torch worked glass) Whoo-hoo!! It couldn't have happened to a nicer or more deserving person. Congrats Samantha! And thank you for sharing your tutorial with us!

SamanthaBeads
2008-05-17, 7:12am
Awwwee Thanks again Vicki ! I still can't believe with all the entries mine placed at all, there were soooo many beautiful pieces. Delphi's contest seems to get bigger and bigger every year and the pieces get better and better.

Samantha

pittypat
2008-05-17, 7:20am
Samantha, congratulations!! Superduper turtle!!! pat

Jane P
2008-05-17, 8:08am
Congratulations Samantha!

theglasszone
2008-05-17, 11:37am
Aw, Samantha! I, too, am thrilled to see that you did so well in the contest!!! You've been so generous and encouraging with your information, skills and techniques....it's nice to see you get recognition for this darling little turtle!

DeAnne in CA

SamanthaBeads
2008-05-17, 9:36pm
Thanks everyone! I am still on cloud nine and can't wait to see what I won!

Samantha

Reenie
2008-05-18, 12:12am
Sam
What kind of torch are you using???? Loved your video and your choice of music:-)

SamanthaBeads
2008-05-18, 9:09am
Thanks Reenie...it's a minor I am using.

Samantha

Carols Glass
2008-05-18, 10:26pm
Samantha, congratulations, I'm so happy for you and you certainly deserve to win! I mentioned your name on my ebay listing of a pair of turtles (Mr. and Mrs. Jewel) and they sold! Thanks so much for your generosity :-) I also sold a few on etsy. I need to make more soon.

SamanthaBeads
2008-05-20, 8:18pm
That's wondeful Carol, glad your having success with them = )

Samantha