Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : New Cow tutorial

greenbeadenvy
2008-03-15, 10:02am
It's been a while since I wrote my first Tutorial (plop the penguin), but at last I have managed to write a new one.
I hope you like it.
http://www.beadenvy.co.uk/cow-tutorial.htm
Emma xx

Karen Hardy
2008-03-15, 10:31am
WONDERFUL tutorial, Emma!
I love the finished cow - I think I may try
to do the piggie!

greenbeadenvy
2008-03-15, 10:55am
Ooo let me know how you get on Karen! I would love to seea picture when your done.

Parrotise
2008-03-16, 7:23am
Oh how adorable! I can't wait to try it!

Mopnglo
2008-03-16, 8:05am
Emma, great tut! Your descriptions crack me up. I'm definitely firing up the torch today to try this. Laundry be damned! :)

artwhim
2008-03-16, 12:36pm
Very cute Emma! Great instructions!

Carols Glass
2008-03-21, 9:20pm
You sure have a way with words! I was laughing out loud all through your tutorial. Thank you, I know I will be trying out some animals soon :-).

greenbeadenvy
2008-03-22, 11:15am
You sure have a way with words! I was laughing out loud all through your tutorial. Thank you, I know I will be trying out some animals soon :-).

Aw thanks Carol:biggrin: Please do feel free to send me any pictures of your cow/plop beads I would love to add them to my site.

Em xx

Carols Glass
2008-03-22, 12:20pm
Well, Emma, I started out getting everything together to make a cow, but ended up making a maltese doggy and a dalmation. Still, if I had not seen your cow tutorial I never would have even attempted these. They are both cute but I will use them as prototypes and examples of what NOT to do next time! I must have worked on that dalmation for over an hour just trying to keep it from being thrown into the trash bead pile. Anyways, I am having so much fun making animals, fish, turtles. Hey, I figure if my beads aren't selling, make animals! At least I am having more fun making stuff. Right?

I think I'll make a cow today :-). I'm in a cow mooooooooooooood. hehehe

greenbeadenvy
2008-03-22, 12:48pm
Well, Emma, I started out getting everything together to make a cow, but ended up making a maltese doggy and a dalmation. Still, if I had not seen your cow tutorial I never would have even attempted these. They are both cute but I will use them as prototypes and examples of what NOT to do next time! I must have worked on that dalmation for over an hour just trying to keep it from being thrown into the trash bead pile. Anyways, I am having so much fun making animals, fish, turtles. Hey, I figure if my beads aren't selling, make animals! At least I am having more fun making stuff. Right?

I think I'll make a cow today :-). I'm in a cow mooooooooooooood. hehehe
YAY!!! Thats brilliant! You have got the whole point of my tutorials, Thank you\\:D/. Make critters or anything you like for that matter but always have fun:waving:

BeadMaven
2008-03-22, 12:58pm
Great tut Emma!

You are such a sweetie for doing this!

I am moooved to try a cow today! :lol:

Carols Glass
2008-03-22, 3:26pm
Oh, that's so funny, BeadMaven, LOL!

I have a moo-cow in the kiln! Good sign, my DS knew it was a cow before I put it in!
Well, I have to admit the first cow went swimming in my torch water. It was just hopeless.

I'll post pics soon as possible, probably Monday.

greenbeadenvy
2008-03-22, 4:28pm

I have a moo-cow in the kiln! Good sign, my DS knew it was a cow before I put it in!
Well, I have to admit the first cow went swimming in my torch water. It was just hopeless.

Oooo thats great news:smile: I'll look out for it!

BeadMaven
2008-03-22, 6:30pm

I didn't make it to the torch today but maybe tomorrow.
I can't wait to see yours, I'll be watching for it! ;)

Carols Glass
2008-03-23, 12:34pm
My cow looks like a cow but when I came back to look at the pictures of the cow in the tutorial I saw something I didn't see the first time! That cow has two pink circles on the nose with holes in the middle. My cow has a pig nose, LOL. I'll show ya tomorrow anyways. I know you will laugh, but that's ok. Next time, I'll make it with a cow nose!

jgraff
2008-03-24, 11:06am
I had a great time making the cows, pigs and a cat. Then, it being Easter, I started making bunnies. That's when I figured out how limb-impaired I am. I have no idea how to go about making bunny ears.

I tried attached a 3mm rod and melting about an inch up but the ear balls up at the end and my tweezers and mashers just made the bunny look like he'd been roughed up by a bully.

My next thought is to made a paddle of white with a pink stripe in the middle and then pull it to the right width and then try to attach it. I suspect I'll be just as hopeless at making arms and legs that aren't resting on the body of the animal. Does any body have any tips for the structured bead impaired?

jgraff

Carols Glass
2008-03-24, 11:44am
with the pig nose:

Carols Glass
2008-03-24, 11:46am
I like my first one best on these!

Just Nancy
2008-03-24, 12:15pm
Carol, that works for a cow's nose too. (I think.) That's closer to what I do.

Carols Glass
2008-03-24, 12:18pm
Ok, I'll keep it then :-). At least it looks like a cow! I don't know what the one I threw into the torch water looked like. A mess!

greenbeadenvy
2008-03-24, 1:32pm
I had a great time making the cows, pigs and a cat. Then, it being Easter, I started making bunnies. That's when I figured out how limb-impaired I am. I have no idea how to go about making bunny ears.

I tried attached a 3mm rod and melting about an inch up but the ear balls up at the end and my tweezers and mashers just made the bunny look like he'd been roughed up by a bully.

My next thought is to made a paddle of white with a pink stripe in the middle and then pull it to the right width and then try to attach it. I suspect I'll be just as hopeless at making arms and legs that aren't resting on the body of the animal. Does any body have any tips for the structured bead impaired?

jgraff

Well done you! A cow, a pig and a cat Yay for you for giving it all a go!
Hmmm I think I read somewhere that the paddle of white with a pink stripe is what most peeps do. If it was me though I would slowly stack the ear dots. Do a dot on top of bunny head where you want the ear to be, gently flatten it, heat the top and add another dot, flatten again till you get a good stack and then heat, squish with your pliers, heat again and using pliers, pull the squished stack upwards slightly. Repeat till the ear is nice and long, then heat the top of ear and bend down with trusty pliers. Did that make any sense at all?....thought not! oh well go back to the paddle/pink stripe method....at least that can be understood LOL

greenbeadenvy
2008-03-24, 1:37pm
Awww Carol that cow is sooooo cute! Thank you so much for really understanding what I was saying in the toot. Learn how to make a cow and then you can almost see how most critters could be made the same way. That dog is Brilliant just brilliant!!

BeadMaven
2008-03-24, 3:49pm
OK, here is my "how now brown cow". lol

I was in a brown moood ;)

I need a bit of practice but he sure was fun t00 make! lol

Thanks again Emma! :D

Carols Glass
2008-03-24, 4:27pm
I really, REALLY love your cow BeadMaven!

josielv
2008-03-24, 5:09pm
OK Emma, not sure I followed with all of those technical terms and all!!! Heeeeeeee heeeee this is such a great tutorial and you make it look so easy!!

BeadMaven
2008-03-24, 5:39pm
I really, REALLY love your cow BeadMaven!

Thanks Carol!!! I went back and caught up and love you little doggie - so sweet!!! Real looking too! WoW! :D

AnnieQ
2008-03-24, 5:44pm
Thanks for the tut!!

Cute moo moo cows, Carol and Dona!! Adorable.
Cute maltese, too.

Carols Glass
2008-03-24, 7:31pm
Thanks BeadMaven and AnnieQ :-). I'm doing boro tonight, I wonder if I could do a doggy with boro more easily. It's too melty with soft glass! I just might have to give it a try though.

jgraff
2008-03-24, 10:31pm
Here's my piggies

My bunnies

and my cow and cat and my attempt at a bunny using a paddle for the ears. The tip of one ear broke off and the ears still look too fine. The other bunnies ears are much stronger if mis-shapen.

These are sooo fun!

I think my beasties need bodies though. That will have to be next. Maybe I'll make the bodies seperate and then they'll be interchangeable.

jgraff

claybraes
2008-03-25, 3:21am
That is a great tutorial,I am gonna have a go .Cows are so cute,especially yours!
Thank You

BeadMaven
2008-03-25, 8:32am
Very cute menagerie jgraff!

Carols Glass
2008-03-25, 8:55am
Here's my piggies

My bunnies

and my cow and cat and my attempt at a bunny using a paddle for the ears. The tip of one ear broke off and the ears still look too fine. The other bunnies ears are much stronger if mis-shapen.

These are sooo fun!

I think my beasties need bodies though. That will have to be next. Maybe I'll make the bodies seperate and then they'll be interchangeable.

jgraff

I was thinking mine need bodies, too. I need a tutorial for everything it seems, but I'll try.

I was also thinking of doing Maltese bodies seperately but I can't figure out how yet. I love your piggies and bunnies and cows and your cat, too!

LouiseI
2008-03-25, 9:26am
I love all these critters! jgraff your's are really making me smile - I LOVE your bunny ears!! --I agree now we need bodies;-)

Here's a couple of my cows ;) - Daisy and Ermintrude, I've tried to educate them about the tongue in the nose thing, but they just don't listen...

Emma your site has long been one of my favourites.

greenbeadenvy
2008-03-25, 9:33am
Brilliant really really good well done everyone. They al made me smile soooo much.
Oh by the way....I do plan on doing a body toot for these. I just wanted to give everyone the chance to get used to making the head before I frightened you all away with a body toot.
Em xx
p.s I just love the cows licking/ picking(yack) their noses\\:D/

greenbeadenvy
2008-03-25, 9:38am
ROLF this little piggie went to market, this little piggie stayed at home cuz he was ashamed of the way he looked and this little piggie raided his piggie bank and trotted off to the plastic surgeons:hide: LOL please don't hit me:razz:
They are really good hun! I bet you are feeling pleased with yourself I know I would be.
Em xx

Here's my piggies

My bunnies

These are sooo fun!

jgraff

Mopnglo
2008-04-10, 6:36am
After you posted this, I gave it a try. Took a while, but I finally came up with something that I was happy with. I added my own twist, the cow pies! lol
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l236/mopnglo/2008%20Gallery%202/Holy-Cow.jpg

greenbeadenvy
2008-04-10, 10:23am
After you posted this, I gave it a try. Took a while, but I finally came up with something that I was happy with. I added my own twist, the cow pies! lol
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l236/mopnglo/2008%20Gallery%202/Holy-Cow.jpg

BRILLIANT!!!! I love it, I really love it\\:D/
I am pleased you gave my toot a go. Did you find it quiet easy to follow?
Em xx

Mopnglo
2008-04-10, 10:29am
Thanks Emma, and yes, your tut really made things "click" for me! Thank you so much for taking the time to write it up.

Carols Glass
2008-04-10, 12:18pm
Terri, I just love that cow pie idea, it's great!

Mopnglo
2008-04-10, 7:43pm
Terri, I just love that cow pie idea, it's great!

Thank you so much Carol!

jgraff
2008-04-11, 11:39am
ROLF this little piggie went to market, this little piggie stayed at home cuz he was ashamed of the way he looked and this little piggie raided his piggie bank and trotted off to the plastic surgeons:hide: LOL please don't hit me:razz:
They are really good hun! I bet you are feeling pleased with yourself I know I would be.
Em xx

Hee hee. :biggrin: They are quite an eclectic lot aren't they? Not exactly Harvard material either.

jgraff

Just Nancy
2008-04-11, 11:55am
Louise, Good luck on the tongue thing. :lol: They don't seem to learn that one. So your beads are spot on. And I swear they have the longest tongue in the biggest nose I've ever seen.

Or maybe it just seems that way when you've just cleaned one for show and they stick their tongue back in it for fun.#-o

Melle Mel
2008-04-17, 7:19pm
I had to try this yesterday. I have very little idea what I'm doing because I'm painfully new at this but I almost luff my little moo. One of his ears fell off and he's a bit wonky, but SOOOOO cute! I'm kind of scared to share though because everyone else's are great and mine is...well, he's "special." Hehe

A bit ago I decided that I would use the general idea and attempt a dragon. He's cooling but oh is he awkward! It's a good thing that awkward is cute, yes? :lol:

greenbeadenvy
2008-04-17, 9:34pm
Now, now thats not the attitude! Come on hun, show your cow and be proud that you made her:-). I try to write with the beginner in mind, have a go at my Plop the penguin tutorial I am sure you will be good at that too.
Em xx

Melle Mel
2008-04-18, 6:45am
Oh the penguin love is how I ended up with the cow! I adore penguins and Plop is definitely next on the list. My daughter took off with the cow and insisted on showing anyone that would listen to her. Hehe.

I love your tutorials though! Thanks for writing it. I wouldn't have even thought to try it otherwise.

cherie
2008-05-09, 7:15pm
ok, I did a couple of cats...you make the tutorial so easy with your pics and instructions..you cant tell if my cats are dogs, cats, or a bear..lol..but it was still fun!

cherie
2008-05-09, 7:31pm
I love this idea...your cows are adorable!!!!

Here are my cats/bears..lol...I made matching spacers for them..they are going to be made into key rings. Thanx for the tutorial.

BRILLIANT!!!! I love it, I really love it\\:D/
I am pleased you gave my toot a go. Did you find it quiet easy to follow?
Em xx119563

cherie
2008-05-09, 7:36pm
You did a great job on the eyes, I really like how they turned out. The eyes are the hardest for me..I had a couple crack on me b/c I was paying too much attention on the eyes.

Here's my piggies

My bunnies

These are sooo fun!

jgraff

greenbeadenvy
2008-05-10, 8:33am
ok, I did a couple of cats...you make the tutorial so easy with your pics and instructions..you cant tell if my cats are dogs, cats, or a bear..lol..but it was still fun!

Brilliant I love them! So pleased you found my instructions easy to follow.
Keep your eyes out next week for Cow part two...the revenge...ok thats not what it will be called but you get the idea. Yep I am about to finish the body toot:)

cherie
2008-05-10, 12:38pm
Yay!!

Keep your eyes out next week for Cow part two...the revenge...ok thats not what it will be called but you get the idea. Yep I am about to finish the body toot:)[/QUOTE]