Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : The worlds smallest studio (fits on a drafting table)

lbjvg
2005-06-24, 4:51pm
I've posted these pics before on ISGB. Vince, Mike and Dale basically told me how to build it, the vent hood is Mike's design that I modified to suit. It is small but definitely functional.

Here is the Before (the wood in the window is for the eventual exhaust pipe).

http://mysite.verizon.net/res8m1pn/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/roomwithoutaview.jpg

After

http://mysite.verizon.net/res8m1pn/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/studio-hood.jpg

- Jim

wildwire
2005-06-24, 7:02pm
Hi! Check out the thread - My work space - I think I might be the smallest!!!! :lol:

We are basically the same type of set up....Yours looks nicer!

Shauna

lbjvg
2005-06-24, 9:57pm
Shauna - Its close, but I think you have me beat.

The photo was taken when it was brand new - it is much more cluttered now.

- Jim

ChaseDesigns
2005-06-25, 5:01am
I am wondering where are your tools are....and you need to go glass shopping. That isn't nearly enough!

Frostfire
2005-06-25, 10:36am
Jim, I just showed your "before" and "after" pictures to my husband. We've been kicking around how and where to set up my lampworking studio, but he's been nervous :doubt: about me playing with fire inside our condo. Gee, I can't imagine why!

When I showed him your setup and said that was the sort of thing I was planning, he was SOOOOO relieved and impressed! Not only that, he's actually done a bit of sheet metal work in his long-ago past so he has a pretty good idea of how to do it :-D .

Thanks for sharing that!

lbjvg
2005-06-25, 10:34pm
I am wondering where are your tools are....and you need to go glass shopping. That isn't nearly enough!

I took these pics tonight after making some marbles. As you can see, I use all available surfaces. Tools are stewn about in a seemingly haphazard manner, the shelves come in handy for that. I buy glass as needed - as a newbie, I'm maintaining a low inventory until I get a feel for what I like. Then I will hopefully bulk buy with others.

- jim