Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Postage Rates Going Up on Monday`

Reenie
2008-05-08, 6:16pm
Not sure if everyone is aware but the postal rates are rising yet again. I've just downloaded over 100 pages from the post office to tell us about all the wonderful increases.
International orders may get lucky. They now offer three different ways to ship I think or three different priority mail options???
I'll read up on it tonite and let everyone know the findings...unless someone already knows and wouldn't mind sharing :-)
Priority rate for 1 lb or less will now be $4.80
I really, really hate increases!

Tink
2008-05-08, 6:24pm
Here's the place where I've been reading up on the changes:
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'll be spending at least part of the weekend trying to figure out how I need to alter my Etsy shipping fees. Big fun.

AZ Joolz
2008-05-08, 6:35pm
Guess I'd be concerned if anything sold for me on Etsy... :)

I did see 100 packs of the forever stamps at Costco for $40.75 so I picked up 2...more than I'll use in the next lifetime but it felt good to screw the USPS out of a few dollars...

PaulaD
2008-05-08, 6:58pm
Oh so funny. I thought they went up on the first and have been adding the extra penny for postage. :cry:
Luckily for me my website interfaces with the USPS website so I don't have to make any manual changes!

Paula

Howaco
2008-05-09, 7:16pm
Irene, it is my understanding that if you have a commercial account, that our rates are supposed to be going down if you purchase postage online. It should be a nice savings for our customers. Both US and international both. It is the retail, ie, purchasing postage at the post office that is going up.

AZ Joolz
2008-05-09, 7:38pm
It is the retail, ie, purchasing postage at the post office that is going up.
That must be for the stellar service we get...sorry...our local station has had so many complaints we had a congressman here to check it out...](*,) I avoid it like the plague.

Kaye
2008-05-09, 7:45pm
Guess I'd be concerned if anything sold for me on Etsy... :)

I did see 100 packs of the forever stamps at Costco for $40.75 so I picked up 2...more than I'll use in the next lifetime but it felt good to screw the USPS out of a few dollars...
I bought those before the last increase?? a bunch of them LOL when they very first came out

Reenie
2008-05-09, 9:15pm
Jameylynn,
Isn't that if you use the "Click n Ship" method on usps dot com.
I use the paypal shipping button to do mine and I don't think it's ever given me cheaper rates online. I know the usps one does that but the paypal is such an easier way to go and you don't have to reenter all the addresses.

Howaco
2008-05-10, 11:35am
Jameylynn,
Isn't that if you use the "Click n Ship" method on usps dot com.
I use the paypal shipping button to do mine and I don't think it's ever given me cheaper rates online. I know the usps one does that but the paypal is such an easier way to go and you don't have to reenter all the addresses.

Yup, it is for the USPS.com site. But you only have to enter an address once. There is an address book in there you can use.

Magicfire
2008-05-11, 9:12am
You know what drives me nuts about click-n-ship? It's when the address in their system doesn't match the address that the customer gave me. Sometimes I can figure out what the difference is and sometimes I can't. One time I just ended up shipping it from the po office because I couldn't figure it out.

Also, I don't usually have repeat customers (that sounds bad, doesn't it--LOL; ). I mean, I usually just sell stuff in the garage sale, and it is usually different people. So the address book doesn't do me much good.

I still use Click-n-ship when I have to, though!

-Patti

Kevan
2008-05-11, 10:18am
I'm sorry, but it never ceases to amaze me that for .42 I can send a letter from my house and have it go all the way across the country and end up at my sister's house on her birthday.

It like a fuckin' miracle!!

lunamoonshadow
2008-05-11, 11:43am
I'm sorry, but it never ceases to amaze me that for .42 I can send a letter from my house and have it go all the way across the country and end up at my sister's house on her birthday.

It like a fuckin' miracle!!

Of course...sometimes it ends up someplace completely different!!
:poke:

I got a package once & it was shipped "ground" from Maine, to Maine....it took some crazy amount of weeks--some overseas ones shipped at the same time got there faster :lol:
we tracked it all over the place--it went to MA, to ME, to MA, to ME, & back a few times! :lol: