Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : ETSY "Sale" How-To Question...

theglasszone
2008-05-21, 9:40pm
Hi Everyone!

Well, I've had four PMC items posted on my fairly new Etsy Page for a bit...lots of lookers, but still no buyers. I really need to generate some funds right now - and it sure will help my ego to even have a single sale :)

I've seen where folks post a "10%" or "20%" off sale in their item listing...I do know how to modify the listing description, but I'll swear the "Sales" I've seen have the (announcement of sorts) "20% Off This Item..." information in larger print and sometimes in another color, such as red.

Not sure how to do this - or am I just imagining it? Any assistance would be appreciated!

Thank you!
DeAnne in CA

hippydreadlocking
2008-05-21, 9:52pm
I know that some people that offer discounts and such will send out an updated invoice through paypal after the item had been bought, they usually add someting somewhere in the listing or in there shop letting buyer know to not pay untill they have recived the updated invoice! or most of the time they will just update the price in the listing to reflect the sale price and let every one know that it is on sale.
hope this helps!

theglasszone
2008-05-21, 9:57pm
I know that some people that offer discounts and such will send out an updated invoice through paypal after the item had been bought, they usually add someting somewhere in the listing or in there shop letting buyer know to not pay untill they have recived the updated invoice! or most of the time they will just update the price in the listing to reflect the sale price and let every one know that it is on sale.
hope this helps!

Thanks, sweetie! I should go in and advise not to pay before an updated invoice is sent! (Not quite sure how to do that, either - but I hope to figure it out...!)

Appreciatively!
DeAnne in CA

hippydreadlocking
2008-05-21, 10:00pm
that's easy! just log on to your paypal account and at the top there is a tab that says request money, click on it and just fill out the info!

theglasszone
2008-05-21, 10:03pm
that's easy! just log on to your paypal account and at the top there is a tab that says request money, click on it and just fill out the info!

(Big Hug!) That's IT!!! Thanks again! Sale starts.......................NOW!!!! :)

DeAnne in CA

hippydreadlocking
2008-05-21, 10:04pm
btw your birdhose pendant is so cute.....if only i was'nt so broke :(

hippydreadlocking
2008-05-21, 10:06pm
no problem! good luck.

theglasszone
2008-05-21, 11:03pm
no problem! good luck.

Thanks for the compliment and the guidance! PMC is a wonderful material, but requires a lot of time, patience, and many steps to attain a finished product. I think, compared to what else is available (and the time, material, etc. invested) it's a fair price...

I wish I could keep it, but, alas, we are each holding paddles in the same "broke" boat! Sink or swim, baby! Sink or swim.........Ha!

Thanks again,
DeAnne in CA

PS - Thanks for the HEART! I needed that!!!

LAJ
2008-05-22, 10:27am
Good luck DeAnne! Your tribal mask is a true work of art.

BeadNiks
2008-05-22, 9:38pm
Hi Deanne,

First, I have to say, love the tribal mask, that is very cool.

Second, I think the problem may be lack of exposure more than anything else. If people don't know its there they can't buy it (and there is sooooo much stuff on Etsy). You should check into getting featured (it costs a little extra, but it may pay off in the end).

Also, I find that when I'm posting new items on I tend to get more sales, and not even necessarily of the thing I just posted. Its because your item will come up in the just listed pictures and that can draw people into your shop.

I hope this helps, Nik