Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : I want to buy a kiln

neh634
2008-07-17, 9:37am
which one do I want?

I am a beginning lampworker. Have taken only one 2 hour class.

feel free to point me to reviews/critiques of kilns I need to consider.

(i'm assuming it 'depends on what I want to use it for.' Well, short term to anneal beads. So that is main function. If there is something like "well, if you ever want to fuse dichrioc glass, you need a kiln with xxx, or if you want to do PMC, you need xxxx", please jump in with it!)

thanks much!
Nancy

KristiB
2008-07-17, 9:56am
I LOVE my Glass Hive kiln and Mike is THE man when it comes to customer service!!

It does beads and fusing and I think any of the kilns will do PMC.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Kristi

Tancaro
2008-07-17, 11:49am
I got a JenKen from 2lasses. No problems at all after 2 years and I can fuse and anneal with it. They shipped fast.

-Carol

AlivELampworK
2008-07-17, 12:31pm
I LOVE my Glass Hive kiln and Mike is THE man when it comes to customer service!!

It does beads and fusing and I think any of the kilns will do PMC.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Kristi

i second kristi! :biggrin: i absolutely love my kiln.

Raven Wylder
2008-07-17, 12:42pm
Paragon SC-2 with a bead door, great for beads, can be used for small fusing, enamels, pmc, etc.

But I would recommend you ask Corri to move this thread to "Tips, Techniques, and Questions" room. You will get more responses and you can also perform a search in that section - lots and lots of threads - this question gets asked a lot.

Roseanne
2008-07-17, 2:44pm
I agree with Kristi & Ali ~ Mike's THE man!!

Reenie
2008-07-17, 4:13pm
I have a chilli Pepper for bead work and also a Skutt Kiln for fusing. If I had a choice I'd get a smaller fusing/annealing kiln just so it doesn't take so long to heat up for little stuff.
I love them both. I don't really think you can go wrong with any one u buy.
Just figure out what you have budgeted for one and go from there.
Good luck....

Katie Gee
2008-07-17, 4:13pm

Kristi

What she said !!!

Kathy

Tesorobeads
2008-07-17, 6:31pm
I also have a JenKen from 2lasses. Very reasonably priced for a kiln with a digital controller. Great service.

Debbie

squid
2008-07-17, 7:31pm

where I got mine also!

Hayley
2008-07-17, 7:39pm
I am with most everyone here . . . Mike Crowley's the glass hive kiln is IT! Love mine! And Mike provides the best customer service in the industry . . . I know I sound like a commercial but I have not even met the man! lol!

Jayne
2008-07-17, 8:06pm
Glass Hive for me all the way, too. I use mine for beads and for PMC. :grin:

bshelle
2008-07-17, 9:10pm
I love my Jen Ken from Centre DeVerre: To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

hoboglass
2008-07-18, 12:41pm
I agree that Mike from the Glass Hive makes some awesome kilns but don't forget about Arrow Springs...they make some really great kilns too.

loco
2008-07-18, 7:03pm
I just sold my Paragon, I just couldn't see me using it again! I LOVE my Glass Hive kiln and the customer service can't be beat!

Jenfire
2008-07-19, 9:50pm
Glass Hive all the way Baby!
Jen

GLASSFREEK
2008-07-22, 6:02pm
WOW can you see me blushing :)

Mike

cswilson53
2008-07-22, 7:35pm
I have a Paragon F-120 and I really like it - I have done PMC in it and also annealed my beads......

Jackson River Glass
2008-08-04, 8:45pm
Glasshive all the way!!! :) Looooove my kiln :)

Teague
2008-08-04, 9:18pm
Listen...I have a Jen-ken, buy a Glass Hive!

beadsoncypress
2008-08-05, 4:02am
If you can afford it Glass Hive....if you can't afford it save up for one. The rest don't really compare...

JavaGirlBT
2008-08-05, 6:03pm
Another happy Glasshive kiln owner here!

sunnyone
2008-08-11, 9:22pm
bought a jen ken as my first kiln...wish I bought the glass hive I jhave now...would have saved me a few hundred and I could have gottent he bigest one!

GLASSHIVE mike rocks !

crystal

who thought she would fuse...then realized it would probably not happen! only so many hours in the day and there is soooo much to learn from soft glass. I have heard you shouldnt use the glass kilns for pmc...gunks up the elements..feel free to correct me : )

Shawn T
2008-08-12, 12:44pm
Glasshive all the way!
Not only does Mike make the best kilns he stands behind them 100%.
Plus he is a wonderful honest person to deal with, and always available to his customers.