Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : ABR Imagery - Two Thumbs Up!

NLC Beads
2008-07-24, 12:35pm
I ordered from ABR during their Vetrofond sale - Amazingly quick shipping, secure - NO breakage, and great communication.

Thanks so much!

bshelle
2008-07-24, 2:06pm
I ordered from them on a Friday afternoon and rec'd Monday. Wowzers!

McDuck
2008-07-24, 3:26pm
they are the best! I will be right next door during the gathering so maybe I can actually shop this time as i didnt get to at b&B!

WILDFYRE
2008-08-01, 4:52pm
They sucked actually - mini cc torch mega hot knobs yet they wont exchange it for another torch - Never buy from them ! Warning Be Aware ~

Mr. Smiley
2008-08-01, 5:35pm
They sucked actually - mini cc torch mega hot knobs yet they wont exchange it for another torch - Never buy from them ! Warning Be Aware ~

How long did you have the torch before you tried to exchange it? I've seen Ross go above and beyond for his customers. This seems really fishy to me.

If you bought it months and moths ago, it's no longer his responsibility... it's an issue you should take up with the torch manufacturer if the torch is defective.

ABR is a good company from everything I've seen. They do things for the community and have taken darn good care of me. I'm a customer and will continue to be. Slamming good businesses sucks.

squid
2008-08-01, 5:57pm
How long did you have the torch before you tried to exchange it? I've seen Ross go above and beyond for his customers. This seems really fishy to me.

If you bought it months and moths ago, it's no longer his responsibility... it's an issue you should take up with the torch manufacturer if the torch is defective.

ABR is a good company from everything I've seen. They do things for the community and have taken darn good care of me. I'm a customer and will continue to be. Slamming good businesses sucks.

If you had seen the thread from 2 or 3 days ago you might think differently. Ross himself treated someone abominably on the phone. I believe his words per the post were "invoice this lady before I start yelling at her" said to one of his employees while his (former now) customer was on the phone with him.

EmbellishYourself
2008-08-01, 9:10pm
There are 2 sides to every story.

squid
2008-08-01, 10:04pm
There are 2 sides to every story.

I agree, but calling someone 9 months after you shipped an order to collect $16 that you said the customer shorted you (which is what the post/thread was about) is not going to win you any new customers, regardless of the point of view.

Mr. Smiley
2008-08-02, 3:59am
I agree, but calling someone 9 months after you shipped an order to collect $16 that you said the customer shorted you (which is what the post/thread was about) is not going to win you any new customers, regardless of the point of view.

I spoke yo Ross yesterday and by the time he saw the thread it was too late for him to defend himself. What that customer forgot to mention is that in those 9 months, Ross had mailed 9 statements showing a balance due and had also sent Paypal money requests which were ignored. It wasn't like ABR just caught it 9 months later and out of the blue made a call to collect. There were many attempts to let her know that a balance of $16 was due on the order. That changes things a lot in my book. ;)

Mr. Smiley
2008-08-02, 4:09am
I asked Wyldefire when she purchased the torch, because it was purchased in February according to Ross... and all this time later she calls and wants to return a used torch. At this point, what should Ross do? Take back a torch that's almost 6 months old or refer them to the manufacturer to resolve it, because at this point, it's really up to Carlisle to make this right?

In my opinion, we are heading down a very slippery slope. Providing vendor information and watching eachothers backs is a really awesome part of being in this community, but I want the whole story! Threatening a vendor to ruin their reputation if they don't do something they shouldn't have to do, by telling all of us half the story, is just wrong. I've seen it more and more lately. I'm not saying ABR is perfect. I'm just saying they are one of the good vendors from everything I've seen. In the last two situations, when I got the other side, it made sense and I can't believe threads were started trying to soil their reputation.

Andrew
2008-08-02, 6:16am
I must say i have never had a problem with Ross. He managed to ship a kiln to me at my home adress in Adelaide Australia before a Kiln builder in my own country even bothered to return the email i sent to them weeks earlier. I look forward to many more dealings with him.

Regards
Andrew.

these jewels rock
2008-08-02, 9:04am
I agree, Nikki, Shelley, Mary, Brent and Andrew, I've always had excellent (and fast) service from ABR.

I'm sorry you had trouble WildFyre. I seem to recall others talking about that same problem with the Mini CC. As I remember it, they got it worked out through Carlisle. I am sure if you give them a call or email they can help you, too. Good luck. I hope you can get your torch working properly.

WILDFYRE
2008-08-02, 11:11am
Bought it Feb 12 ish did not get here until feb 26ish and since I had been sent wrong hoses I never even got to work on it until MARCH 5 or so, when correct hoses showed up(at my expense). I called him 1 time before in May and and told him I was unhappy with it but he never offered anything then. All he did then was get "vulgar" and hang up ! But now my husband is furious that they would even sell a torch that knobs get that hot ! I am going to go to the better business bureau and file a report about it. Sad

p.s. he did refer me to carlisle - but I had called him originally to ask his opinions on torches for newbies and set ups. He never mentioned that this is a VERY prevalent problem with this torch and ONLY this torch. How does one with such knowledge recommend torch that is dangerous ? I trusted him and he took advantage of me (imo) I think he had too many in stock and wanted to unload em...

Toni Lutman
2008-08-02, 11:15am
The hot knobs have nothing to do with it being a defective torch. That's the nature of the mini cc if you run it too cool, or with the oxy too low. IMO, filing a BBB report for this is not appropriate. You just need to adjust your torch properly.

Mr. Smiley
2008-08-02, 11:16am
Bought it Feb 12 ish did not get here until feb 26ish and since I had been sent wrong hoses I never even got to work on it until MARCH 5 or so, when correct hoses showed up(at my expense). I called him 1 time before in May and and told him I was unhappy with it but he never offered anything then. All he did then was get "vulgar" and hang up ! But now my husband is furious that they would even sell a torch that knobs get that hot ! I am going to go to the better business bureau and file a report about it. Sad

p.s. he did refer me to carlisle - but I had called him originally to ask his opinions on torches for newbies and set ups. He never mentioned that this is a VERY prevalent problem with this torch and ONLY this torch. How does one with such knowledge recommend torch that is dangerous ? I trusted him and he took advantage of me (imo) I think he had too many in stock and wanted to unload em...

How many user IDs do you have here on LE?

Mr. Smiley
2008-08-02, 11:43am

If Ross gives a recommendation, I can guarantee you it's not that he has too many in stock. He's a stand up guy. The reason he recommended this torch, is because hundreds if not thousands of glass bead makers use them and love them and he thought it would be a good fit for you. I'm sorry you aren't happy with your set up. I truly am. It's nothing a little research on your part as to which torch might better suit your needs, listing the mini in the garage sale and buying your other torch wouldn't solve. Not every torch is going to satisfy everyones needs. We all have our preferences.

You've got an ax to grind and you're free to do it as you see fit. Just know that you are attacking a good supplier and there are people like myself who will stand up for Ross, because we believe in protecting the good guys. Heck, Ross is my competition in some ways. I'd still teach for him, stand up for him, send business his way and have dinner with him regardless.

I wish you well in your endeavors... just please think twice about doing harm.

AlivELampworK
2008-08-02, 2:45pm
I asked Wyldefire when she purchased the torch, because it was purchased in February according to Ross... and all this time later she calls and wants to return a used torch. At this point, what should Ross do? Take back a torch that's almost 6 months old or refer them to the manufacturer to resolve it, because at this point, it's really up to Carlisle to make this right?

In my opinion, we are heading down a very slippery slope. Providing vendor information and watching eachothers backs is a really awesome part of being in this community, but I want the whole story! Threatening a vendor to ruin their reputation if they don't do something they shouldn't have to do, by telling all of us half the story, is just wrong. I've seen it more and more lately. I'm not saying ABR is perfect. I'm just saying they are one of the good vendors from everything I've seen. In the last two situations, when I got the other side, it made sense and I can't believe threads were started trying to soil their reputation.

well said. its a shame that this is going on. ross is a cool guy, i hope you get things figured out.

EmbellishYourself
2008-08-02, 2:56pm
Brent, I think you are a stand up guy too! It's nice to see you defend him. A lot of times people go on bashing sprees and I hate to see that. Earlier I stated there are 2 sides to every story and you proved it. Thanks!

Wild river glass
2008-08-02, 3:57pm
I too have always had great service from Ross and ABR.He always gets back and has even called to answer my endless ?? when purchasing a boro torch.
It came in record time and I will be back for the stockup of glass to go with it.
Thanks ABR

PaulaD
2008-08-02, 4:10pm

What do you mean by "wrong hoses"? Did they have connections that didn't work on your torch?? Mini's run hot for a lot of people. You can't blame a vendor for that...Paula

J&M
2008-08-02, 6:09pm
:pout: Sounds like there's something personal going on here and in the other thread too.
I believe someone needs a "time-out"... it's a shame.

Jack

patienthand
2008-08-04, 11:02am
hi,
I have ordered multiple times from ABR. I got to meet Ross in person last fall, what a genuinely sweet and nice person!!!! I think the folks at ABR do some of the best packaging of any vendor. I have always gotten my things quickly. and they dont cut all the rods of color into short sticks.. I hate that.

As for the hot knobs..... and how is ross responsible for your inexperience? I am so sorry you are a newbie, and learning, but to be pissed at a vendor because you are too lazy to do your own research is ludicrous. I would not have taken the used torch back either, and lord knows if you have cranked down on the seats on the valves and ruined them or not.... I liken this to buyng a manual shift 4 speed car, and only knowing how to drive an automatic, and then being pissed at the car dealer because you grind the gears. LEARN your equipment!!!!!!

Candice

sunnyone
2008-08-11, 9:34pm
you should probably sell your mini here in the garage. It is a great beginner torch..but doees get hot knobs if not run properly. so, you should either research the mini cc here...loads of info on it here and the reasons it runs hot however ..I have not owned one...not dispensing advice! BUT you can get back just about what you paid for it...and I would recommend a minor. It will keep you happy for a long time before having to upgrade and doesnt get hot...and by then you will be able to research what you want according to your melting needs. I ran a minor for years and years until I upgraded...great little torch...matter of fact she sits lonely and not hooked up on my bench because I just cant part with it!

search the forums in the torch section. and...Ross is a great guy...I have purchased a lot from him over the years and never been unhappy. the gathering wouldnt be the same without him there!

crystal

sunnyone
2008-08-11, 9:35pm
ps...this is a torch...it is going to get hot! not the knobs on most torches ( except the cc) but gosh...this is hot glass! : )

bgurden
2008-08-12, 4:01am
the mini cc is well known for getting hot knobs. when i took my beginner class at bead and button a year ago arrowsprings made that very clear.

gtt has a new torch out called the cricket. that may be the torch for you check it out.

oxydoc
2008-08-12, 6:35pm

So, what Im wondering, what DID Carlisle say about the torch. Or did anyone even bother calling them. Ross is a great business man. He is direct and sometimes short with people. But that is Ross. In the end, he is fair. jack](*,)

DawnT
2008-08-13, 9:24pm
I spoke yo Ross yesterday and by the time he saw the thread it was too late for him to defend himself. What that customer forgot to mention is that in those 9 months, Ross had mailed 9 statements showing a balance due and had also sent Paypal money requests which were ignored. It wasn't like ABR just caught it 9 months later and out of the blue made a call to collect. There were many attempts to let her know that a balance of $16 was due on the order. That changes things a lot in my book. ;)

I was just pointed to this thread and would like to point out that I never received any of the mailed statements as Ross was not using my verified Paypal address which included my PO box and my physical street address. The post office returned them to the business. I also did not receive a single Paypal request for payment - I searched through everything looking for it. I did mention these things in my post after speaking to Ross. What really bothered me was the way I was treated on the phone. He had me in tears he was so rude to me. I wasn't told until I spoke to him on the phone that my mail was being returned - but why wasn't I called? I truly had NO idea they were trying to get hold of me. Anyway, I was just upset and put it in the bathroom for a reason, wondering if I was overreacting to the initial call (before I spoke to Ross). The customer service person never told me they had been trying to contact me so it was so out of the blue that I thought it was strange. That's all. Had Ross been sympathetic to the misunderstanding I would have been happy to remain a customer but he wasn't.

I wasn't on a mission to destroy his business and I think it's great that others have had good experiences. I'm sorry that we had the miscommunication but I can't excuse the way I was treated. Live and let live :).