Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Video tutorial on a Boro Cold Seal...

Mr. Smiley
2008-07-28, 8:07pm
Here's a little preview. Proof that I really am working on the boro videos! :lol:

http://www.vimeo.com/1426551

It's not even close to looking like it will in the final cut. The render quality is low. The sound needs more work and the music hasn't been laid in yet. I hope you still get an idea of what I'm trying to accomplish. :love:

Carols Glass
2008-07-28, 8:30pm
I couldn't see it because it asked if I had permission to see this video and obviously, I don't, lol.

Carols Glass
2008-07-28, 8:30pm
never mind, this time I went right to the video. You must not have been done.

Mr. Smiley
2008-07-28, 8:32pm
I had to make it public... had it set to private and didn't know how to change that. I'm a techtard. Sorry. It should work for everybody now. :love:

Bubbyanne
2008-07-28, 11:22pm
=D>
:happy:
:love:
:D

theglasszone
2008-07-28, 11:45pm
More, More, More!!!

gubnavnania
2008-07-29, 1:19am
I'm still waiting patiently for your video, Mr. Smiley....

Mr. Smiley
2008-07-29, 5:14am
:love:... thanks everybody. :D

If it doesn't play smoothly, hit pause right after you hit play and let it download before you watch it. It should play just fine once the gray bar goes all the way across. ;)

Sarabella
2008-07-29, 7:20am
tap...tap...tap... checks calendar.....tik tok...tik tok...tik tok...checks calendar...deep sigh....drip....drip...drip....another sigh....still waiting... this ought to be really good...when it is ready....

Sals

Mr. Smiley
2008-07-29, 8:35am
tap...tap...tap... checks calendar.....tik tok...tik tok...tik tok...checks calendar...deep sigh....drip....drip...drip....another sigh....still waiting... this ought to be really good...when it is ready....

Sals

I'm just as ready as you are... I promise! :D

Elegance_1
2008-07-29, 8:54am
That was a great video, thanks Brent! I try to cold seal and I guess I was doing something wrong because mine wouldn't pop off that easy. I'm going to try again and see how well I do. I think I'm getting too much of the punty end molten.

Barb

AlivELampworK
2008-07-29, 9:25am
brent it looks great! the quality of it is awesome and your workspace is really nice. :lol: i'm looking forward to seeing more!

i couldn't help but think about one of the kids at school who came over to my friend john's house when i was there. john was working on a piece and the kid was very new to glass. he kept suggesting to cold seal it, when it was at no point where such a trick was needed. so john would go around the glass lab behind you when you were working and say "why don't you just cold seal it there? meh!!!" :lol:

Carols Glass
2008-07-29, 10:52am
I forgot to tell you that it looks very promising! :-)

kevalund
2008-07-29, 5:02pm
Great tutorial. Also having serious frit envy right now. :)

Margrieten
2008-07-30, 2:14am
I love it. I looks very professional. Wat is the difference between Youtube and Vimeo?

Mr. Smiley
2008-07-30, 2:24am
Vimeo is better quality and seems to have attracted more serious videographers... but aside form that, I have no idea. :lol:

simvet02
2008-07-30, 5:42am
I had to make it public... had it set to private and didn't know how to change that. I'm a techtard. Sorry. It should work for everybody now. :love:

LOL love it, "techtard", boy with your permission I'm going to use that one for some folks at work. Thanks!!

By the way, the video looks great. Hurry up!

ginkgoglass
2008-07-30, 5:47am
Lookin Good, Brent!

Parrotise
2008-07-30, 6:43am
LOL love it, "techtard", boy with your permission I'm going to use that one for some folks at work. Thanks!!

By the way, the video looks great. Hurry up!

lol, I was going to write and ask permission to use techtard also:-D Fits me to a tee!

I can't wait for your videos. It looks wonderful!

Rose
2008-07-30, 6:52am
Brent, I'm so excited about your video coming out. I watched the 2 yesterday and already learned so much. Can you give us an idea of what the contents will be of the actual video?

TIA

Mr. Smiley
2008-07-30, 8:18am
The first video will cover the basics. Flame settings, Cold seals, Gathering the glass, encasing a gather, a boro twistie (they are different than soft glass), drilling with tungsten, dots, loops, making a frit pick up pendant using a larger rod and a maria, striking the silver Amber Purple family of boro color, using a reamer to enlarge a hole and a boro mandrel bead.

I hope I didn't forget anything, but I prolly did.

The next videos will cover hearts, implosions, hollow forms, sculpting and more in depth color theory. :love:

Rose
2008-07-30, 8:05pm
VERY Cool! Can hardly wait :p

Lizabeads
2008-07-31, 11:45am
Looks great... Can't wait for more videos. They will be reasonably priced won't they? I hope so !!:p

neagle
2008-07-31, 12:48pm
Thank you for the Vimeo tut. I'm glad I watched it--have been wanting to play with boro for a long time....

lavendar420
2008-07-31, 5:44pm
Nice! But who's clean work space is that?

Mr. Smiley
2008-08-01, 9:03am

It's just a movie set, in real life, it's a mess! :lol:

Mr. Smiley
2008-08-01, 9:05am
Looks great... Can't wait for more videos. They will be reasonably priced won't they? I hope so !!:p

Pricing them out of an affordable range hasn't crossed my mind even once. ;)

Bob Torbett
2008-08-07, 11:58am
Great video Brent. It looked very professional. I had to turn HD off to get it to play without stuttering. Thats due to the systems I have on my home network, not the video.

Keep them coming!!!

Bob

Otter's Flame
2008-08-07, 11:02pm

Ha! see Brent I'm not the only one that said that!!!

Ruth Nichols
2008-08-19, 8:54am
Excellent video Brent! I will be watching out for more! Oh, I have a question. How did you decide what music was good to use for your background? Is there any copy right laws to be concerned with? If a piece of music goes past a certain age, is it ok to use without the ok from the artist or producing company? I am asking for a reason.. not to be a smart arse.

Heather/Ericaceae
2008-09-01, 3:25pm
Hmm, so that's what I was doing wrong - I was waiting a bit too long to do the cold seal, like I was working moretti. I've been having so much fun with the boro shorts I've gotten from you (and the massive clear stash I recently scored off a non-glass friend)! But I'm definitely still getting the hang of sealing (both cold and hot) because it's so different from soft glass! This video was very clear and helpful. You have a great speaking voice!

crystalflipz
2008-09-06, 2:05pm
Great video Brent! I think I finally see what I'm doing wrong, letting the "hot" piece cool too much and letting the "cold" piece too close to the fire so it gets too hot.
Hope the other videos will be out soon.

Mr. Smiley
2008-09-06, 2:40pm
Ruth, I'm letting my buddy Jason handle that part of it. He knows the rules and such. I may have my son record some acoustic parts and Jason has much music skill, so I'm probably going to use origional stuff. ;)

biebs30
2008-09-15, 11:27pm
yeahhh we want more, we want more

realy great cant wait to see more:smile:

Tammie
2008-09-27, 8:06pm
Hey Brent! How soon will your videos be for sale. Can I add them to my Christmas wish list?

Rachel
2008-09-28, 2:10pm
Awesome Brent. I didn't get to read all the replies but I have so many requests for Boro tutorials. I haven't had a boro class and I am addicted to boro so I need some help. I need help with implosions even though I am getting there with those. I would love to know how to do implosions on tubing though. I see these awesome marbles and there is a tutorial in glassline showing how to make an implosion using tubing and I would love to know how to do that. I would also love to know how to make the pinks you get. You have told me what colors to use but I still haven't gotten that pink with tanked oxy or concentrators and for that matter, I can't get my hearts to fatten up using your free heart tutorial either. Please, more more more!!!!!!

silvergypsy
2008-09-29, 1:43am
How cool! Thats it I am going to start a stash. As soon as the DVD is ready I will be waiting! Well done and I cant wait till they are ready!=D>

BB
2008-09-29, 9:02am
Can't wait for the videos, I think you should come back to Omaha and give another class! We are all waiting, some of us with our tongues hanging out and arms loaded with mass quantity of boro!!

Brenda B.

KristyN
2008-09-30, 9:22am
Brent, that is a great video. I liked how "clean" it was. I wasn't distracted by mounds of glass (because we all want to dig visually through that and see what all goodies are buried there....big distraction!).

Also, very, very clear, focused, tight. Sound was great. I could see the flame so well with the black background. I've seen a bunch of soft glass videos and a few hard glass DVDs where not seeing the flame was a problem (where it ended, its chemistry, where the glass was in relation to the flame, etc.). Also, I like the point of view from the artist...that is, looking down at the torch from your side of the table.

I loved your class in Atlanta, and think of you every time my double amber purple does that cool thing it does (which it didn't before I took you class).

Great job!
- Kristy