Lampwork Etc.

Lampwork Etc. (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Get Together in Spokane (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134665)

LAG 2009-07-15 7:07am

Get Together in Spokane

I am working on having a going away party and social gathering in honor of Janelle Zorko who is moving away from us next month. Communicating with Bill Hagy of Northwest Glass Art Society to allow us to use his studio for this event which we are trying to schedule for the weekend of August 1st or
2nd.

Provided the time is okay for Bill, it would be around 1:00, and everyone would be asked to bring some finger food to snack on and perhaps your own drink. Bill said we could use a torch for anyone wishing to demo and of course, bring whatever you wish for show 'n tell and trade.

I have yet to confirm this date and time with Bill. I think it is wonderful that he will let us use his setup. And Bill is a great glass artist himself and has a lot of eye candy available also. He has been doing mostly furnace work, but maybe we can get him to demo at the torch :poke:

Remember-----this date and time are not definite as yet. I will post as soon as I get confirmation....

BBB 2009-07-15 9:58am

Great. Let me know, I will be there.

EaglesLegacy 2009-07-15 11:58am

I will plan on being there unless my SIL goes into labor. This is exciting to meet other local glass artists (not that I consider myself an artist in this medium yet).

barbjia 2009-07-15 9:01pm

You know I want to be there! I hope the 1st /2nd works!

LAG 2009-07-16 9:27pm

Okey dokey, gang. That weekend will not work for using Bill's studio so my darling husband said he is willing to relinquish the use of his shop for that afternoon and set up a couple of tables for us to use. My studio will not accomodate more than about 3 people at a time, but we can use my torch to demo which is right next door in an air conditioned room. I have plenty of glass, both 104 and borosilicate, and my torch will do both. Our little ranch is located about a block from Hiway 2 and about 25 minutes North of Spokane.

I was hoping for a location relevant to artists in Idaho and southern Washington but this is the best I can do to make a torch available.

It will start at 12:00 and go to 3:00ish on August 1st, Saturday

Bring your show n tell, trades or sales and any new type of glass you might want to experiment with at the torch. Remember your didyums!

A snack of chips & salsa will be provided as well as water and a cake. Feel free to bring anything you want but it isn't necessary to attend. We just want you there!!. Come say "Bon Voyage" to Janelle...

Plenty of parking and the horses are always looking for sqritches.

Feldt's Glass 2009-07-17 7:14am

I will try to make it! Thanks for putting this together!!!

Janelle Zorko 2009-07-17 8:29am

Thank you, Kay, for organizing this and for the generous offer for the use of Mike's shop and your studio. I will really enjoy seeing everyone before I head off for my new life in Birmingham, AL but I would want to get together with all of you anyway!

I am going to be bringing some giveaways. Gotta clean out that studio before I move and I think I have some good stuff that others can benefit from!

See you all there!

Janelle

LAG 2009-07-17 8:42am

Mike is offering free lessons on cleaning horse stalls, hands on experience after the glass demos to see what you learned and and and.. you get to take home free stall samples to practice your skills at home!! :-)

PeggyRose 2009-07-17 9:52am

OK, stall cleaning demo, really!!!!?????

Hubby and I will be there, so far we have no plans for that weekend and the time is perfect either day, just let me know which, for sure.

Can't wait to see everyone again!

tail wags,
Peggy

barbjia 2009-07-17 1:26pm

I'll be there! :-)

LAG 2009-07-21 6:51am

Barbara, does that mean you want to clean stalls???!! I will save one to do just for you!!

And, btw, friends, Tony & I are donating a brand new six peg optic mold as a door prize for this shindig.

check out the link to my Etsy store to see what I am talking about....

barbjia 2009-07-24 7:28pm

I’m sorry I won’t get to see the Northwest Glass Art Society… never been there. Oh well, I know your place is always fun and you have a great supply of glass. So I’ll be there and looking forward to meeting new Glass Artist. I’m glad I get to say goodbye to Janelle but sad to see her go! And gee Kay it’s not like I have never cleaned a stall but whatever has to be done. :waving:

LAG 2009-07-24 9:48pm

Hey, woman. It will be fun. Mike and I will both miss Janelle.
Perhaps a new stall fork would be a better door prize...

PeggyRose 2009-07-25 6:54am

Quote:

Originally Posted by LAG (Post 2591307)
Hey, woman. It will be fun. Mike and I will both miss Janelle.
Perhaps a new stall fork would be a better door prize...

NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, I will add one of my encased florals for a door prize, too!!!

tail wags,
Peggy

LAG 2009-07-25 7:39am

Oh my!! I love your florals!! I suppose I am not eligible for the door prize? Wah.....
Thanks, Peggy. What a big heart....

LAG 2009-07-26 10:36pm

Anyone needing directions to get to my place, please PM me.

Feldt's Glass 2009-07-27 11:01pm

Kay thanks for the directions. I will be there and bring some kind of door prize. Do we need to bring food??

LAG 2009-07-28 6:18am

Probably not. Only if you want and it is wonderful that you are donating a door prize. Whoopee!!

PattyK 2009-07-31 3:00pm

Kay how wonderful of you to host this party! I sure wish I could join you but my husbands' family (darn them anyway) is having a huge reunion on Saturday.

Best wishes to you Janelle as you head off to new places - sorry I can't be there to say goodbye!

Have fun you guys! :happy:

Patty

LAG 2009-07-31 9:01pm

ah shoot. sorry you can't make it. Family first for sure.. you take care now...

Janelle Zorko 2009-08-01 6:08pm

Thank you Kay and Mike and everyone who came and wished me well! Ah, it's always the way. Right when you leave, you make some fantastic friends. Well, everyone is always welcome in Birmingham!

Many, many thanks also to Peggy and Davy - love my beads. They have a cherished spot in my printer's drawer bead collection!

EaglesLegacy 2009-08-01 6:23pm

We had a wonderful time. :-) Thank you Kay for hosting this and thank you to everyone who gave a demo. It was really nice meeting you all and I really look forward to getting to know all of you better.

LAG 2009-08-01 9:38pm

Pictures...

BarbJ put some pictures of our shindig on her facebook page here..

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...&id=1258450853

You might have to be a member to look at the pictures...

Thanks Barb. It was good to see you.

And Janelle, we will miss having you around here and am hoping for the best in your future endeavors.. but I am sure you will still be around!!

This get together was fun and it was great to meet new people. I was glad Dorian was able to make it with his friend, Jeremy.

PeggyRose 2009-08-02 5:30am

What a wonderful time. Hubby really enjoyed visiting with your hubby, Kay. You are both great hosts! I really enjoyed seeing everyone and you can tell, I LOVE talking glass. Hey Kay, how did my bead turn out, did it survive?

Janelle, it's been great chatting with you and getting to know you, so sorry we didn't get together more sooner. You will be missed around here. Have a safe trip and I wish you all the best in your new home!

Great to see everyone, lets not be strangers!

tail wags,
Peggy