Lampwork Etc.

Lampwork Etc. (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Classes in Tampa Bay Florida (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=224426)

Kapferaa 2012-05-15 3:18pm

Classes in Tampa Bay Florida

I am looking for beginner classes in the St. Peteersbug area over the summer.
Will travel for weekend classes as well.

Eileen 2012-05-15 4:24pm

If you're willing to travel across the state to Cocoa, check to see what Rocio & Ron are offering. I hear they have classes.

FlameTree Glass 2012-05-15 5:50pm

I recommend looking up Travis Tyler he lives in St. Pete. If you give me a call at FlameTree Glass. I'll give you Trav's number. He is one of the best hollow work/glassblowers that I know in Florida.
Good Luck,
Hope this helps you out,
Peace,
Lance
FlameTree Glass, Inc.
470 S. Atlanta St.
Roswell, Georgia 30075
1-888-FLAMETREE (352-6387)
www.FlameTreeGlass.com

Angie09 2012-05-15 6:07pm

Hi Lance....Angie here. What a great idea! Kapferaa is a friend of mine and maybe we can do a lesson together. I'm sure he's not as good a teacher as you....but he's certainly closer. Big hugs to you and Maureen!

Kapferaa 2012-05-15 6:15pm

Hi Angie
Maybe you can get me started first! Then we go see Travis. Lance I will give you a call in the morning, thank you!

Kapferaa 2012-05-15 6:20pm

However I need to find the perfect torch first.... Getting closer lol

Angie09 2012-05-15 7:25pm

You know I'll help you get started! Any time you're welcome to come here to my studio (preferably when the kids are in school) and I'll show you what I know. Just give me a holler.

FlameTree Glass 2012-05-15 8:21pm

Thank you so much for the kind words Angie. Yeah, you'll love Travis. Call me. Peace, Lance

R4GlassStudio 2012-05-21 10:45am

Kapferaa.
What kind of classes are you looking for? Beads, Glass Blowing, Sculpture, Marbles, Goblets?
Travis is close to you and he is very good.
Eileen was correct, we do offer classes in Cocoa as well. Aside from the normal weekly classes, we have Teresa Laliberte from LavenderCreek Glass in Germany coming in September and Sara Sally LaGrand coming out in November.
You can get more class info at;
http://www.rociobearer.com/Classes.html
Thanks!
Ron

FlameTree Glass 2012-05-21 6:46pm

Angie did you ever get in contact with Travis? If not give me a ring tomorrow, I'll have the other number in my cell.
By the way, the new FlameTree Glass School Schedule is up now at www.FlameTreeGlass.com if you don't mind to drive up to Atlanta.
You know we teach all areas of flameworking curriculum here at FlameTree.

We do have a FREE Loren Stump Demo coming up!
An evening with The Glass Master Loren Stump!
At FlameTree Glass Studio in Historic Roswell, Georgia 30075
July 28, 2012 Time: 4 PM to 6 PM

470 S. Atlanta St.
Roswell, Georgia (Atlanta)
Fee: This one's on us! FREE!

Take care,
Good talking with you,
All my Best!
Lance
www.FlameTreeGlass.com
Atlanta, Georgia

R4GlassStudio 2012-05-23 2:02pm

Loren Stump classes are GREAT and Flame Tree has a Great facility to host them!
It would be a great trip for anyone to go, no matter how far they have to travel!

Lance and Maureen, we miss you guys in Florida!

FlameTree Glass 2012-05-23 7:11pm

Thank you R4 Glass Studio,
I appreciate those words very much. We miss you guys too. Sincerely. Our move back to my home state of Georgia was for the best thing for Maureen and I, and the best for FlameTree Glass. I loved the lampworkers down there, they are super wonderful people, but I don't miss the Florida heat, the hurricanes, and the crime that we had at our old location in Orlando Florida on South OBT. One of my old friends Fabien Basora down in Orlando says he and his family won't even go to that part of town at night anymore due to all the crime there. Anyway, I do miss the lampworkers there, they are very nice people, and just jumping in the car and off to Disney, Universal or Sea World right around the corner was awesome!
Please come and visit us sometime up here in Atlanta,
All our best,
Love, and Best Wishes,
Lance and Maureen McRorie
FlameTree Glass, Inc.
Atlanta, Georgia
www.FlameTreeGlass.com

Cheekybeads 2012-05-24 9:45am

I'll be in St Pete from the 19th of June till the 2nd of July.
Is it any classes there where I can go, or Studio to look around? Would be really nice to meet with anybody :)

Réka

chrisann 2012-05-31 2:55pm

Annette,
I am in the Orlando area (st cloud) if you want to come over here for the day. Are you a total beginner or somewhere past that? I would b happy to show you anything that I can and I also have several torches set up that you can try if you like, cuda,cricket,minor,minicc,mini milon. I work in mostly boro now but still dabble some in soft so I have it here as well.
Chrisann

FlameTree Glass 2012-06-01 2:35pm

Chris Ann's Studio is great! She is a super sweet person, and very knowledgeable; I miss all you lampworkers in Florida.
Happy Summer,
Lance McRorie
www.FlameTreeGlass.com
FlameTree Glass, Inc.
Atlanta, Georgia

chrisann 2012-06-04 4:29pm

I miss you guys as well Lance. Give Maureen a hug for me.
Chrisann