Lampwork Etc.

Lampwork Etc. (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tips, Techniques, and Questions (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Bethlehem Piranha (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=247852)

Simplicitybeads 2013-07-01 10:02am

Bethlehem Piranha

I have a Bethlehem Piranha that I bought years ago and have never used. I don't see myself ever using it so I think it's time for me to sell it but I am not sure what the price should be.I have looked online and can not seem to find any for sale so if you know of a price it should be please let me know.

Thanks,

shawnette 2013-07-02 6:01am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplicitybeads (Post 4352416)
I have a Bethlehem Piranha that I bought years ago and have never used. I don't see myself ever using it so I think it's time for me to sell it but I am not sure what the price should be.I have looked online and can not seem to find any for sale so if you know of a price it should be please let me know.

Thanks,

http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...429#post518429

Lisi 2013-07-02 8:27am

That was a really nice torch back when it was still available. Are you sure you want to part with it??

artsyuno 2013-07-02 5:35pm

I'd probably price it in the range of the Carlisle mini cc, GTT bobcat and Bethlehem alpha. The piranha was the predecessor to the beta that was the predecessor to the alpha, I believe.

Raimond 2013-07-02 6:14pm

However it is outdated/superseded by a new model. To a user it's worth less. To a collector it's worth more. Any collectors out there?

I made a reasonable offer on it a couple of days back as I like Bethlehem.

artsyuno 2013-07-02 6:20pm

I don't think it's necessarily outdated or only for a collector. It's a good torch and may be especially desired by someone who's had one before or has had a barracuda. I'd buy one before I'd buy a mini cc or bobcat in the same price range, as I far prefer the piranha to either of them. I'm not all that clear about what the differences are between the piranha and the alpha, though, beyond the gas pressure issue (that is really a non-issue for those who use propane). Some people, myself included, prefer the barracuda to the bravo, even though it's "superceded." It all depends on what you like in a torch and how you use it. The lack of availability may offset the fact that there's a newer torch out there.

lorleek 2013-07-02 7:26pm

I have it, use it, and love it!

Raimond 2013-07-02 8:51pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by artsyuno (Post 4353529)
I don't think it's necessarily outdated or only for a collector. It's a good torch and may be especially desired by someone who's had one before or has had a barracuda. I'd buy one before I'd buy a mini cc or bobcat in the same price range, as I far prefer the piranha to either of them. I'm not all that clear about what the differences are between the piranha and the alpha, though, beyond the gas pressure issue (that is really a non-issue for those who use propane). Some people, myself included, prefer the barracuda to the bravo, even though it's "superceded." It all depends on what you like in a torch and how you use it. The lack of availability may offset the fact that there's a newer torch out there.

Good points...
Most people would opt for this year car if the price is the same as the same car from last year.

Like I said, I made an offer didn't get a reply.

Lisi 2013-07-03 6:19am

Never used, and no it not outdated. I would ask a full price. It's an awesome torch of the small torch class. Maybe offer free US Priority shipping as the little discount. You don't want to discount a brand new torch too much. It is not necessary to part with it cheap. If she puts it up for sale in the Garage, it will be sold, no problem.

If I had the $$$, I would take it right now because I used to have a brand new one (never used) that I sold because I needed to make the mortgage payment on time.

Raimond 2013-07-03 7:25am

There you go OP, several differing opinions and a suggested price from when they were liquidated 7 years ago. Members with way more experience than I have shared their thoughts.
I am interested to see what it brings price wise. I like how Bethlehem has kept the same basic look all these years.

Damselfly 2013-07-04 10:05am

Quote:

Originally Posted by lorleek (Post 4353597)
I have it, use it, and love it!

Ditto!