Lampwork Etc.

Lampwork Etc. (
-   Tips, Techniques, and Questions (
-   -   Multiple plunge tool (

kmd 2017-05-01 1:32am

Multiple plunge tool
Does any one know of a tool I remember seeing somewhere, years ago.
A kind of pin vice with holes to take a number of points to plunge into hot glass to make bubbles when encased. The points could be arranged in different ways.

dragonart glass 2017-05-01 6:56am

That's called a vin pin. You can use a flower frog (for holding flowers in a vase) but you can't arrange or rearrange the pins. With a vin pin you can remove or replace the pins for different patterns.

Speedslug 2017-05-01 7:55am

Do be mindful that flower frogs often have a heavy base sometimes made of lead.

You don't want to be heating lead up to molten glass temps because it will vaporize and lead fumes ( along with zinc which is the coating they use for galvanizing other metals ) are really bad for your health.

dwgrant 2017-05-03 10:51am

As per previous post, Vin Pin by Weaver industries. Sold by ArtCo and others.


SharonP 2017-05-03 11:11am

It's a great tool, and Artco has good customer service.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 8:22pm.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.