Lampwork Etc.

Lampwork Etc. (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Studio (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Please dont look (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30353)

glassdog 2006-08-10 9:37am

Please dont look

1 Attachment(s)
I look at every body elses nice neat studio and wonder where I went wrong. I guess I'm going to have to hire a maid or better yet get an apprentice. Anyway I have always heard that "a clean desk is a sign of a sick mind" or was it the other way around? I cant remember. Oh well
Thanks
Mike

Phoenix 2006-08-10 9:44am

Where did you get that picture of my table?

cghipp 2006-08-10 9:48am

Don't worry about it - that looks totally familiar to me.

Courtney

tehale 2006-08-10 9:52am

Looks perfectly normal to me!

Karen Hardy 2006-08-10 10:11am

shlob!

shawnette 2006-08-10 10:11am

I'm right der widja, man!

FordGirlGoneBad 2006-08-10 10:20am

I am so JEALOUS! Look at all that glass and chaos - just makes you want to dive in and torch something.

shawnette 2006-08-10 10:43am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karen Hardy
shlob!

Psst! She's just jealous!http://www.websmileys.com/sm/happy/581.gif

RuskinDesigns 2006-08-10 1:43pm

Boy! I thought I was a slob. Mine I guess is pretty neat!

silkys 2006-08-10 2:15pm

I want to go live with Shawnette !!
Will bring my Kiln ! you wouldnt even know I was there .
I could sleep in a box in the corner . Look at all dat Glasssssss .
I think I would have the Big O just walking in and seeing it .

Donna T. 2006-08-10 4:26pm

I don't know how in the world you guys can create in that chaos!!!! I have to tidy up before each session or it bugs me having things around all over the place. And I'm not a clean freak like my DH.
............However.....maybe I need more chaos in my life.......NAH!
Clean that stuff up! Ya'll driving me crazy. I hope I don't accidently wandering back in here or I won't be able to sleep at night!! Maybe I DO have OCD..............

loribeads 2006-08-10 5:20pm

Ditto, Donna.

glsgrl 2006-08-10 5:55pm

makes me want to post a pic of mine...I'd feel right at home now....too bad I don't know how to post photos....my motto is, the messier it is, the more creative you are!!!!

Dawn 2006-08-10 6:18pm

I don't know,I thinkI might be OCD, all my glass is organized and the only ones out are the ones I'm using. I think I need a good stiff drink to loosen the hell up.
D

shawnette 2006-08-10 8:53pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawn
I don't know,I thinkI might be OCD, all my glass is organized and the only ones out are the ones I'm using. I think I need a good stiff drink to loosen the hell up.
D

Funny you mention that. My glass is organized by the color wheel. I'm very anal about that part, lol! It's just the other areas that are all jacked up.

BeverleyH 2006-08-10 11:55pm

I love to see everyone's workspaces but I COULDN'T work in that mess. Sorry, don't want to call it a mess.... hell, it's a mess! :)

I don't care what my tidy space says about me I just can't work in a mess.

Another reason for me - I was working at the torch the other day and getting off my stool I could see a LARGE drop of something dark red and dry on the floor. Looked down at it and wondered, what's that? Wiped it up and then spotted under my work bench a VERY LARGE pool of stuff which had clearly dripped profusely - same colour. (I know, too much detail).

Cleaned that up (or at least tried to but as it had dripped onto wood and SPLATTERED, it was difficult). Turns out it was, you were ahead of me!, blood. Even worse, it was my blood. Euck!

My foot was bleeding and I didn't even realise it. Had a butchers and could just see a small spot and my only conclusion was it was a bit of glass in there. I've always been a bit anal about cleaning my studio floor mainly because I have a dog (who won't leave my side) and 2 cats running about so can't take the risk, so imagine if I left it to build up!

I think however you work is fine - it's what comes out of the chaos, or order, that counts. :)

Beyond the Bead 2006-08-14 1:42pm

Holy Crap! Look at all that glass!

Quote:

Originally Posted by shawnette

Dang Girl! That is impressive! Want to see my glass stash...

I actually have an additional box of "gifted" glass from Chuckie and Beach beads that is not in the picture...I'm just impressed with all of yours!

See the quote below! I live by it!

LadyCrow 2006-08-15 7:34am

I just don't have enough glass (yet) to be that messy....lol

ConnieRee 2006-08-15 8:22am

Hey Shawnette, I think you have me beat! Then again, maybe not. :-P Ahhhh.....chaos, how would I work without it?

What's that saying about mess and brilliant minds?

bclogan 2006-08-15 1:25pm

Well, I hate to admit it, but I'm at the "neat and organized" end of the spectrum. When the West MI Gathering was at my house someone asked if I cleaned up after every session. Um.... Yeah.... doesn't everyone...???? LOL! I'm also slightly OCD... it's that anal-Virgo thing...

Part of my excuse though is that one of my cats LOVES to sneak into the room with my studio. And I don't want any vet bills from glass shards.

fritobsessed 2006-08-15 7:00pm

I can vouch for the cleanliness of her work area!!! And she's got lots of glass too! I too have an anal-Virgo thing, but mine is more organizing than cleanliness. It may be a mess, but I can find anything I want at any time!

HannahRachel 2006-08-16 8:44am

Whew, I thought that mine was a mess and thought I must be the only one...

But I am so jealous of all that glass...

Who's studio has the color chart? Its Brilliant! Simple solutions are the best - you go!

playswithfire104 2006-08-16 10:59am

Any and/or all of you OCD'ers are welcome to stop over my place and organize my mess if ya want!! :-D I couldn't stay organized even if I tried! ](*,) I sometimes look at my mess and wonder how I get anything done.

ConnieRee 2006-09-03 1:23pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by HannahRachel
Whew, I thought that mine was a mess and thought I must be the only one...

But I am so jealous of all that glass...

Who's studio has the color chart? Its Brilliant! Simple solutions are the best - you go!

If ya mean the color wheel hanging on the Ott light, that's me. Funny thing is, I forget it's there half the time. Not surprising in all that mess!

nivedita 2006-09-03 4:03pm

Well, my own studio is known as ~ Casa De Chaos~ but i figure if i can burrow in deep enough t fire up the torches, thats plenty.

River Horse Studio 2006-09-03 5:13pm

Wow Shawnette... your actually worse then Lori Robbins and I thought she was bad. I cant go to her studio and play unless I clean up a space for myself first. I love that girl, but man her torch is messy!

Now I do have to admit I am a bit anal retentive or a bit OCD. Anyone who knows me know this for sure! I clean the floors in my house daily and I have to clean up my work area at least before I can start working.

WhiskerWood 2006-09-03 5:21pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donna T.
I don't know how in the world you guys can create in that chaos!!!! I have to tidy up before each session or it bugs me having things around all over the place. And I'm not a clean freak like my DH.
............However.....maybe I need more chaos in my life.......NAH!
Clean that stuff up! Ya'll driving me crazy. I hope I don't accidently wandering back in here or I won't be able to sleep at night!! Maybe I DO have OCD..............

I am with you!!!!! I like my area nice and neat.
How do you messy people find anything?!?!?!?!?!?

Kerry S. Caron 2006-09-04 4:59pm

Don't look at this..

Well it is not the neatest but is sure as heck ain't the messiest. 2 shots of my work area with all the enamels that I have been working with lately and then the other is behind me is my phot area... Drawers are full of the bundles of glass and then I only have out a bit of each. Keeps me on top of what glass I am using and keeps the mess down as well.smiles Kerry

fireflykat51 2006-09-10 7:38am

I think I want to go to Shawnettes as well, I'm on a hot head :( Would bring kiln, notes and sweet puppy. Please be aware she flirts with all the guys and plays with kids. Will ignore us until feeding time.:tigger:

shawnette 2006-09-10 8:26am

Quote:

Originally Posted by fireflykat51
I think I want to go to Shawnettes as well, I'm on a hot head :( Would bring kiln, notes and sweet puppy. Please be aware she flirts with all the guys and plays with kids. Will ignore us until feeding time.:tigger:

Laff! Puppy? Me likey puppies! (notice I didn't deny anything)

Oh, and I have Satake for your hot head.