Lampwork Etc.

Lampwork Etc. (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Maine/NE Area- 'Hallowe'en Glass Jam' - Oct 25-26 (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=271181)

Playing with Fire! 2014-10-19 9:15am

Maine/NE Area- 'Hallowe'en Glass Jam' - Oct 25-26

'Hallowe'en Glass Jam'

Oct 25-26, 2014 ---- Playing with Fire! - Rockland, Maine

From 9am 'til we drop on Saturday night, then we do it again on Sunday. :-D Come for just one day, or both days. $40/day on Sat & Sun = torch time, friends, food, networking, sharing of new techniques/products, door prizes, and whatever else you can think of!

We have eleven torch stations and a variety of torches. Torching, sharing, networking... Bring techniques, questions, show and tell... Bring your latest book/magazine, new glass... to share... request a demo, do a demo... if we're 11+ we take turns at the torch throughout the day/night... we do, we learn, we watch, we visit, we have a great time! It's always a friendly mix of veterans and newbies. Any level of glass working experience welcome... and a good time with all!

Bring your flameworking glasses, and any glass or tools that you'll want to work with. We have studio tools that you're welcome to use. Bring your own torch if you wish (if you have quick-connects; if not, give us a call, and we can probably accommodate). Bring questions and techniques to share.
~~ And if you'd like: bring something/anything to add to the door-prize pile. :)

POT LUCK, both days! ...please, and thank you! We'll make some sort of soup or chili Bring your favorite dishes to share! We'll provide coffee, teas, water (we have a water cooler, please bring your refillable water bottle, thank you!) We have a gas grill on the deck, and a kitchen with range and microwave for cooking and reheating. Get the ball rolling, and post your RSVPs (and your pot luck contribution plans) here in this thread! :grin:

Please RSVP here in this thread… or hotglass@midcoast.com or 207-594-7805
*RSVPs most appreciated, but if you find that you can make it at the last minute, please do.*

Accommodations: The Old Granite Inn , just a few doors down the street, offers a year-round 'Playing with Fire! rate' to our students/guests----group/s share/s with the larger suite/s is possible. (room-shares may be coordinated here in this thread, or by PM too.) See listings for additional accommodations at http://www.therealmaine.com

Ed & Virginia
Playing with Fire! Glassworks & Gallery
497 Main Street * Rockland, ME 04841
Studio/Hotshop at lower level/harborside www.playingwithfireglassworks.com

Sue in Maine 2014-10-19 9:54am

I will be there on Sunday. I have a prior committment on Saturday... but I will be there on SUNDAY!!!

Wuhoo!!!

Sue

Playing with Fire! 2014-10-19 9:56am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sue in Maine (Post 4664884)
I will be there on Sunday. I have a prior committment on Saturday... but I will be there on SUNDAY!!!

Wuhoo!!!

Sue

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pamw@sacoriver.net 2014-10-19 11:41am

I will be there and sleeping with the boro bitch. We got the suite so have room for 2 more...

Pam

Playing with Fire! 2014-10-19 8:24pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by pamw@sacoriver.net (Post 4664918)
I will be there and sleeping with the boro bitch. We got the suite so have room for 2 more...

Pam

This sounds like the stuff of pulp fiction from the fifties. A foursome. Sweet.

debmerrill 2014-10-22 2:52am

Yup, that's me in the red dress... I went on the divorce diet and lost 12 pounds... I'll be sure to bring my stilettos to the glass jam this weekend, along with my "new" used Phantom. Ready for big fire now!
Boro bitch (deb)

Sue in Maine 2014-10-22 4:16am

Quote:

Originally Posted by debmerrill (Post 4666077)
Yup, that's me in the red dress... I went on the divorce diet and lost 12 pounds... I'll be sure to bring my stilettos to the glass jam this weekend, along with my "new" used Phantom. Ready for big fire now!
Boro bitch (deb)

HA! You in the red dress? Never. In spite of being the boro bitch, your attitude is a lot better than hers! And as for your lost 12 pounds? I am fairly sure I found them and you can have them back!

See everyone on Sunday.

Sue

Playing with Fire! 2014-10-22 6:57am

Quote:

Originally Posted by debmerrill (Post 4666077)
Boro bitch (deb)

Hah hah! In any other context 'red stilettos', the 'Phantom', and 'big fire' would paint a whole 'nother picture!

On the other hand, this *is* the Hallowe'en Jam. Your regular garb, err... I mean your "costumes" [ahem] would certainly be appropriate. :wink:

demcc2 2014-10-24 8:32am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Playing with Fire! (Post 4666130)
Hah hah! In any other context 'red stilettos', the 'Phantom', and 'big fire' would paint a whole 'nother picture!

On the other hand, this *is* the Hallowe'en Jam. Your regular garb, err... I mean your "costumes" [ahem] would certainly be appropriate. :wink:

Without mentioning any names I could identify someone who's been in costume for a while............................................. ...

Duane <--------------wanted very much to go but got my weekends mixed up :-(

Sue in Maine 2014-10-26 5:31am

Hi Gang,

Bad news. I'm not going to make the Glass Jam today (Sunday) after all. My back won't take a days worth of torching so I'm going to wind up vegging at home.

I hate missing this but it's best for my back if I do.

Hugs to all,

Sue

Playing with Fire! 2014-10-26 6:04am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sue in Maine (Post 4667773)
Hi Gang,

Bad news. I'm not going to make the Glass Jam today (Sunday) after all. My back won't take a days worth of torching so I'm going to wind up vegging at home.

I hate missing this but it's best for my back if I do.

Hugs to all,

Sue

Aww, noooooooooo! We're sorry to hear this, we were looking forward to seeing you pull in any minute. Rest up. Hope you're feeling better soon.

pamw@sacoriver.net 2014-10-26 6:12pm

It was a very quiet jam (Sue wasn't there). Deb and I got to play with new torches. I have a new barracuda that is a lovely, phalic-looking, sexy torch. OMG! I had so much fun playing with boro this weekend and I thank Ed for teaching us how to make lovely icicles. Next week, I am going to learn how to make a round marble...

So Exciting! Thank you Ed and Virginia!!!

Pam

pamw@sacoriver.net 2014-10-26 6:36pm

So sexy!

1 Attachment(s)
Love my new hot, sexy toy! He just needs a name.

Playing with Fire! 2014-10-26 9:52pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by pamw@sacoriver.net (Post 4667957)
It was a very quiet jam (Sue wasn't there). Deb and I got to play with new torches. I have a new barracuda that is a lovely, phalic-looking, sexy torch. OMG! I had so much fun playing with boro this weekend and I thank Ed for teaching us how to make lovely icicles. Next week, I am going to learn how to make a round marble...

So Exciting! Thank you Ed and Virginia!!!

Pam

Aw Pam, thank you! We had such a good time! But remember, you can stroke your sexy new torch only when it's had a chance to cool down. This will keep burns to a minimum. ;)