Lampwork Etc.

Lampwork Etc. (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tutorials to purchase (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Corina's New Tutorial (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=174845)

mtuttle 2010-09-22 4:55pm

Corina's New Tutorial

If you love doing florals you need to check out Corina's Tettinger's new tutorial. You can order it from her web site. It is so worth the money.

lynn's lampwork 2010-09-22 9:04pm

I just ordered it! I can't wait to read it in the morning once I print it out! I've been feeling "burned out" lately (no pun intended) and I'm hoping this gives me the new inspiration I need!!!

mtuttle 2010-09-22 9:31pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by lynn's lampwork (Post 3214003)
I just ordered it! I can't wait to read it in the morning once I print it out! I've been feeling "burned out" lately (no pun intended) and I'm hoping this gives me the new inspiration I need!!!

Wow Lynn, I have admired your beads. I have taken a class of Corina's about a year ago and love her beads she made using this 3D method, but just did not take detailed enough notes to pull it off when I was on my own. This method seems to have so many possibilities I can't wait to try it on the torch.

Mary

gallerygal 2010-09-22 10:00pm

I have to agree, it's a fantastic tut.

Lots of information, all given in typical Corina style. The photos are beautiful, very clear, close-up and without any background distraction. The text matches the photos.

There's even a 1 sheet step-by-step 'words only' to take to the torch, along with a pictorial 4 page step-by-step.

The videos (though I've only watched 2 of 6) are excellent too.

I can see you could easily extend this technique beyond florals, there's more than enough information to be able to use this as a stepping stone.

Well worth every cent.

Marianne.

sansan239s 2010-09-22 10:42pm

Yeah!!! It's finally done and it's a wonderful tutorial. It's probably the most comprehensive tutorial I have purchased to day. Lots and Lots of information on what comes after the regular pocked dot floral beads. LOVE IT ~ LOVE IT ~ LOVE IT!! And......it comes with videos for visual help as well. I highly recommend this tutorial....

http://www.corinabeads.com/pages/efilesforsale.php

lampworker1 2010-09-23 4:30am

I think I will get one also. Thanks for sharing.

swamper 2010-09-23 7:37am

Just got one - Corina's technique is ingenious!!!!!!!!!!

lynn's lampwork 2010-09-23 7:46am

Ahhh, thanks Mary! I'm feeling that "burned out" feeling from doing remakes (don't get me wrong, I'm blessed with work!!!) but I think I'm just feeling a little bored making the same beads over and over. I can't WAIT to print up the tutorial and get started!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtuttle (Post 3214091)
Wow Lynn, I have admired your beads. I have taken a class of Corina's about a year ago and love her beads she made using this 3D method, but just did not take detailed enough notes to pull it off when I was on my own. This method seems to have so many possibilities I can't wait to try it on the torch.

Mary

cgbeads 2010-09-23 8:09am

I'm getting mine today, and taking her class in Dallas tomorrow. I'm getting my Corina fix. I kind of wish she would resurface here, she brought a lot of info to the table.

-Donna

Kimmer 2010-09-23 10:52am

Hi - I'm usually a lurker here on the forum but saw this post. I saw that the tut was out and I wanted to ask how 'skilled' one needs to be to do this? Conrina is soooo good at teaching but I'm fearful that this is for advanced bead-makers? I've been making beads for about 1 1/2 years - so not a newbie but not super advanced either. Also -- I use a hot-head. Wondering if it's more geared towards those of you with the hotter torches? Any thoughts?

sansan239s 2010-09-23 11:49am

Kimmer... you will love this tutorial. I've only been making beads for 1 year and I believe, if you follow her instructions, which are well written, anyone can benefit from this tutorial.

Also, she has a really nice give-away for the people that purchase her tutorial in the next two weeks. Here's her newsletter message:

Corinabeads Newsletter

Wednesday, September 22nd, 2010
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I can't believe I forgot to mention this. I have a little giveaway present - All the tools needed to make an encased daffodil bead, PLUS the sample bead on the cover:

The total value of this package is over $ 200 - and will be given to one of you who purchased the Daffodil tutorial during the first two weeks of its sale. The drawing is random and the winner will be announced on October 4th.

The two new shapers (flat and large) are still in the proto-type stage, but they should be available on my website some time in the middle of October.

I will be gone for 10 days to Dallas to teach at the Dallas Crafts Guild, but I'm taking my iPad (and Bonzai) with me and would be happy to get some feedback from you. Take care "y'all".

I guess the names will be drawn using the paypal receipt. Unfortunately im unable to show the pic

J. Savina 2010-09-23 9:13pm

This one's a good one. And the video is great too. Now I just need a few more tools and I'm good to go.

J.

Kirima 2010-09-24 2:54pm

Corina's new tutorial is a MUST HAVE.

***** Stars.

barbaracollins 2010-09-24 3:07pm

It is wonderful!

skippystretch 2010-09-24 4:33pm

Got mine, wonderful tutorial.

Val

skippystretch 2010-09-24 4:34pm

Also order a few of her press, can't wait.

Val

Kreszentia 2010-09-24 4:40pm

I just read it - very detailed fool proof instructions - love her style of explaining things.
I absolutely recommend it ...

Fran Carrico 2010-09-24 6:16pm

This is really a great tutorial. Typical Passing the Flame style . . .which is one of the best ever.

Kirima 2010-09-26 3:56pm

My very first humble contribution:

Please show your results!

Greetings
Martina

pittypat 2010-09-26 5:25pm

WOW...that is great for your first one!!! I think you have done florals before!! Pat

Kirima 2010-09-26 5:39pm

Thank you, Pat! Sure. Right. I've done this before. 2D. But how about 3D? Corina's Tutorial is teaching us whatever we should know about the third dimension. :-)

asimeral 2010-09-27 5:22am

I just bought it too. Can't wait to try it myself!

Martina, terrific first attempt. Hope mine turn out like yours.

glasscove 2010-09-27 7:48am

couple questions

Hi

Just a couple questions on this tutorial. Is it available in printed booklet instead of e-file? (Printer is only black and white),and is there special tools needed for techniques?

Thanks

nancy

Ofilia 2010-09-27 8:06am

Quote:

Originally Posted by glasscove (Post 3218808)
Hi

Just a couple questions on this tutorial. Is it available in printed booklet instead of e-file? (Printer is only black and white),and is there special tools needed for techniques?

Thanks

nancy

Hey Nancy:waving:! Just email a copy to one of your kids or splurge and get yourself a new printer! It's a bonafied "business" expense;).

Later gator!

cgbeads 2010-09-27 8:41am

Download the pdf to a disc and take it to an Office Max or someone like that.

-D

PaulaD 2010-09-27 9:28am

I bought it too and think it is great! I hope she does many more. I doubt that she will show up on forums again though. I didn't get the videos though and will have to email her to ask about them.

madelyn1 2010-09-27 10:37am

I just got my copy of Corina's tutorial last night - it is wonderful -great pictures, too! I agree it is a 'must have'!

Shirley

WestCoast 2010-09-27 1:42pm

I just got one too... Its great Corina always knows how to take you step by step with so much detail and ease. I can't wait until this 100 degrees plus weather goes away so I can sit and give it a try. ( and the videos that go along with it are a great visual help too)

pittypat 2010-09-27 2:56pm

OK, Donna...give it up!! How was your class with Corina? Inguiring minds want to know...
pat

cgbeads 2010-09-27 4:04pm

I've been beading a long time so there was some stuff I already know, but I guess that's like most everyone in most every class. Then there was stuff the I've tried over the years and couldn't get, but Corina is a 'prolific talker' so I wound up several times saying 'duh'. I love getting light bulb moments from great teacher. She's a real delight to watch work, that was my favorite part of the class, tips are constantly flowing from her mouth. And everyone got along great, "no surface tension".

She talked about how she loves to write, so I'm sure more tuts are swimming around in her head.

-D