Lampwork Etc.

Lampwork Etc. (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tutorials to purchase (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Ever After's Pansy Tutorial (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97571)

jana 2008-07-10 6:14am

Ever After's Pansy Tutorial

I purchased Laurie's tutorial and just finished reading it and I have to say, she did a great job.

She did not talk over my head, there are a lot of pictures to help the visual person, and it was very well laid out...I understood it the first time through! She also has a very witty personality that shines through.

The price was excellent and well worth it. She deserves great success with it and I hope this encourages her, and others, to do more purchasable tutorials.

I purchased it here: Pansy Tutorial

Thank you Laurie, kudos to you!

suzanne 2008-07-10 6:59am

it's good isn't it!!!

Glacier 2008-07-10 9:35am

Thanks for posting this. I just ordered a copy!

Tamara

Troll Lover 2008-07-10 9:44am

It's wonderful, it makes me want to try to create them immediately!

friskebaer 2008-07-10 9:53am

Yeah - thanks for letting us know! I just purchased it as well and it is really good - I'm off to turn on the kiln!
Thanks Laurie!
Jenny

Hayley 2008-07-10 10:04am

I love tutorials! Thank you for the link!

dicrodi 2008-07-10 10:39am

Thanks for the link , I love tutorials, just purchased it. Dicrodi

theglasszone 2008-07-10 2:36pm

I got it also! I've been fascinated with her pansies forever...I've tried and tried, but just couldn't get them to look "real" like hers. Now that I have the tut, I KNOW what I was doing wrong!!! When I'm back to the torch (soon, hopefully!) I'll be giving this another try - the RIGHT WAY!!! :)

~De

msritaa 2008-07-10 2:46pm

I just ordered mine. I've been admiring her beautiful flowers for a long time. I can't wait to try these. Thanks, Laurie!

Gillianbeads 2008-07-10 3:36pm

Woohoo!!
I just ordered my tutorial as well...can't wait to give them a go!
Thanks so much for putting this together!

Over the Moon 2008-07-10 4:18pm

Oh NO!!!!! It's sold-out...:( Oh YAY! Just heard from Laurie - I'd followed a bad link...there's plenty more ~ and it's just fab! :happy: Thanks a bunch! :love:

Raven Wylder 2008-07-10 4:27pm

Check again, there's 3 listings for multiples in stock.

madelyn1 2008-07-10 4:29pm

I just finished downloading Laurie's tutorial - it looks great!!!

Can't wait to try it -- thanks for sharing, Laurie!

Shirley

Jane P 2008-07-10 7:03pm

Just as soon as I get some funds in my Paypal account, I will order one - can't wait. I knew I shouldn't have cleared out the account!
I have been admiring Laurie's florals for as long as I have been here on LE.

Jenfire 2008-07-10 7:31pm

OHHHHH I just ordered it! how long does it take to arrive in my inbox?! I may forgo sleep for this one!
Jen

WOW it takes about 6 min to get in the inbox. I am going to be burning the midnite propane on this one! Laurie thank you so much!
Jen

DarleenMB 2008-07-11 7:54am

I think this is great! I love supporting my fellow beadmakers this way. Off to buy my copy.

flamemoth 2008-07-11 12:04pm

Superb Laurie..I'm going to give these a go!

Heart Fire 2008-07-11 12:53pm

Thank you Laurie, I just adore your pansies! Can't wait to receive the tut----Oh how I love flowers! Lois

Ever After 2008-07-11 7:48pm

wow I just found this, thank you everyone!!!
y'all rock! oh yeah and tell any of your non le friends!! lol
I dont know how to get the word out to people not on le, or etsy..
learning curve for sure..

LyndaJ 2008-07-12 6:19am

you could put a reminder in the email when you send the pdf. Maybe even as a link to feedback if that's possible.

TheGlassFlame 2008-07-12 6:23am

I would love to see the results of everyones hard work!!!

Mopnglo 2008-07-12 7:33pm

Once you buy this tut, you'll never want to make a different bead again! Here are my first 5.
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l2...ry%204/RP4.jpg
I have 17 more in the kiln now.

Ever After 2008-07-12 7:43pm

gorgeous!

sleekbeads 2008-07-13 9:00am

This is theee most well-written and easy to understand tutorial EVER!
HIGHLY suggest! I haven't made any yet, but haven't lit my torch in well over a month.
Probably more. This tutorial totally inspired me to get back to the torch today...
can't wait!
Jo

Carols Glass 2008-07-13 9:05am

Is it ok to buy the tutorial and then make and also sell the pansies after you learn how?

I saw where someone else sold a tutorial on copper mesh technique but people seemed afraid to actually use it?

Thanks for any info in advance. I really want to buy this one!

Tropical Heat 2008-07-13 12:02pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeadDesignsByCarol (Post 1955545)
Is it ok to buy the tutorial and then make and also sell the pansies after you learn how?

I saw where someone else sold a tutorial on copper mesh technique but people seemed afraid to actually use it?

Thanks for any info in advance. I really want to buy this one!

Like any other technique, I think this tutorial should be a learning tool and a jumping off point. To go strictly by the tut and make and sell beads that look "exactly" like Laurie's I feel would be a mistake. I'm sure there are going to be a lot of variations as people follow the tut and then come up with their own designs. I just bought mine and can't wait to start!

Carols Glass 2008-07-13 1:41pm

So, you just need to use different colors, right? I don't think it would be possible for a person just learning how to make them to make them exactly like the person who gave the tutorial. I could be wrong.
I just don't like worrying about being too close to the original (not that it's possible for me, but you know what I mean).
What I do is probably ok. I watch a tutorial and then study what the flowers look like by googling them and then make a flower. That way, I don't worry so much about duplicating the person doing the tutorial. I just try to use the technique using photos of the real thing.

Tropical Heat 2008-07-13 2:56pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeadDesignsByCarol (Post 1955840)
So, you just need to use different colors, right? I don't think it would be possible for a person just learning how to make them to make them exactly like the person who gave the tutorial. I could be wrong.
I just don't like worrying about being too close to the original (not that it's possible for me, but you know what I mean).
What I do is probably ok. I watch a tutorial and then study what the flowers look like by googling them and then make a flower. That way, I don't worry so much about duplicating the person doing the tutorial. I just try to use the technique using photos of the real thing.

Using different colors, altering the shape a bit, adding something here or there! I added more tiny black dots and leaves. We'll see how they turn out! LOL! Mine are probably bigger than Lauries's. I tend to use a lot of glass.

Ever After 2008-07-13 3:15pm

Ive been asked this a couple times, so I am blogging about it, Im not Robert Frost eloquent by no means, but I hope you understand.. I will also be updating this page as we take this ride.. :)
http://www.everafterartistry.com/flogmeforblogging.htm

Carols Glass 2008-07-13 3:37pm

A while back, I purchased a rose tutorial, I practiced the way she did it and then I changed every thing about making roses and made them my own way so I could make them smaller. Then, I sold a set on ebay. They were my roses, my technique, but I still valued the lessons I learned on the video that got me on the way to making roses. I would hate it though if someone thought I copied them.