Lampwork Etc.

Lampwork Etc. (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Customer Service Kiosk (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Bella Donna - Purplescent? (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=188546)

sansan239s 2011-03-01 7:31pm

Bella Donna - Purplescent?

Any news on Donna's new glass "Purplescent"? I'm sure it's all gone by now, just curious to see if there's any pictures of this fantabulous glass? :fireblob:

Donna Milliron 2011-03-05 2:58pm

photos of Purplescent

This is a link to the photos on facebook - they say you don't need to have a fb account to see them - let me know if it does/doesn't work? Thanks!

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mitosis Glass 2011-03-05 10:40pm

Oooooooo! Gorgeous! I don't have a FB account and I could see them. Yummy glass!

LemonwoodStudio 2011-03-08 3:28pm

Spoke with ArrowSprings yesterday ... they still have it!

dart13 2011-03-09 12:27pm

I just ordered this morning so it is still available!

DesertDreamer 2011-03-09 6:30pm

I ordered two days ago, got shipping confirmation today. I can't wait to try it!!!

DesertDreamer 2011-03-17 2:05pm

2 Attachment(s)
These are my first two quick & dirty tryouts, and q&d photos. I had another but I killed it because I grabbed the wrong clear (note to self--this is what happens when you don't do a clean sweep between COE's, Doh!).

First one is a base of CIM Peace completely encased with Purplescent, moderately reduced, then cased in clear and pressed. The ends are really pretty (much better than the photo) with an iridescent opaque teal-ish color.

The second bead is Effetre medium blue transp, a spiral wrap of Purplescent, moderately reduced and encased in more blue then pressed. The iridescence is totally lost in the photo but it really, really shimmers.

kathleen milligan 2011-03-18 7:26am

Why did I have to look at the pictures of Kimberly Affleck's Purplescent beads on facebook? Crazy pretty. Irresistable stuff.

MaryBeth 2011-03-22 6:40pm

Those are beyond words incredible, Kimberly!

VivianLampwork 2011-03-22 6:46pm

Somebody, KIMBERLY, please give some tips on working it. i have mine sitting here & know it won't look that good but some tips would be nice.

VivianLampwork 2011-03-22 7:20pm

Thanks Kimberly, that is VERY helpful information. You are so kind to share your wisdom with us!!!!! I'm not sure I could keep the bead warm enough to not lose my color while encasing slowly. It sounds like a balancing act.

VivianLampwork 2011-03-22 7:39pm

Thanks Kimberly, I'm going to pull out my glass tomorrow & try.

wimsey 2011-03-22 8:38pm

After reading this thread the other day, I ordered some of each. I'm advised that it should ship late this week or shortly after and I'm really looking forward to receiving it.

I, too, would have been a bit afraid to try it, but I would like to thank Kimberly, in advance, for her generosity in sharing and helping others. I am feeling a little more adventurous now. Thanks!
Beth

Elizabeth Beads 2011-03-22 8:44pm

This is Moody Blue. I'm looking forward to trying Purplescent. :)

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

beadgal 2011-03-23 8:51am

I must be over-reducing it. Thanks for the tips Kimberly, you are so generous with your info. We appreciate you!

arrowsprings 2011-03-24 3:40pm

Go Kimberly!!!!! :-)

Kimberly makes the most beautiful beads with this glass - amazing!!! I love them so much...want them all!

There are tips on using the glass at

Kimberly's tips were excellent....obviously, look what she did...omg, I just can't get over how beautiful her beads are!

Donna