Lampwork Etc.

Lampwork Etc. (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tips, Techniques, and Questions (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   arancio perfecto (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51360)

evenia 2007-04-08 10:20am

arancio perfecto

What is arancio perfecto supposed to do? anything? It stays a nice champange color for me, but I thought it was supposed to strike for some reason...

Judi_B 2007-04-08 10:23am

I think it's suppose to strike orange. Frantz shows it as orange.

Venessa 2007-04-08 10:27am

It is supposed to be a "simple" striking orange...give me some orange strike, if you please!! There was nothing simple about the perfecto. Robyn got it to strike at the bead retreat last year, but it took lots of time and effort. Not worth it, IMO. I have never had a problem with the plain old orange strike, so I stick with that!

evenia 2007-04-08 10:41am

I can't get it to do shit. I played with a rod of it yesterday for about an hour and nothing. I didn't put it on anything, I just warmed and cooled the tip of the rod in every combo I could think of. It's sad it doesn't work for me cause I don't like the new striking orange since it's not really transparent. I soooo miss the old orange. I think the old striking red has gone away too. bleh

barclayb 2007-04-08 11:15am

it strikes pretty easily for me - what kind of torch are you on?

Kevan 2007-04-08 11:18am

I have only used it a couple of times but it struck for me pretty easy.

Arancio perfect is really the perfect orange.

Venessa 2007-04-08 11:28am

Quote:

Originally Posted by barclayb (Post 1104095)
it strikes pretty easily for me - what kind of torch are you on?

She has a betta and a cuda.

barclayb 2007-04-08 12:40pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Venessa (Post 1104113)
She has a betta and a cuda.

I have no idea then - wish I could help

paintingwithglass 2007-04-08 1:02pm

I love arancio perfecto...
I run an oxygen rich flame...maybe try keeping your flame the whole time you work the arancio perfecto oxygen rich...just a thought. :)

evenia 2007-04-08 2:28pm

I'll give it a shot. I have a shit ton of it cause it looked so cool. I'll try the o2 rich flame on a new chunk. Any other suggestions from you guys? This is what I get for not having problems with raku, isn't it?

Teague 2007-04-08 3:28pm

It has to get really cool before you strike it. I found that I got it to strike easily with pressed florals, because I was cooling them in between design elements anyway:

Teague

Kaye 2007-04-09 8:47am

Quote:

Originally Posted by evenia (Post 1104042)
What is arancio perfecto supposed to do? anything? It stays a nice champange color for me, but I thought it was supposed to strike for some reason...

make a hollow out of it, you'll see it do its thing, it can change to an opaque like orange, and a firey transparent, depends on which stage it is in. I played with it when I first got it and made some big hollows, to see what it would do. Its really cool used that way.

FourTailsLampwork 2007-04-10 5:16am

It makes a gorgoeus persimmon color, and I can get it to strike if I work it cool.

DesertDreamer 2007-04-10 7:08am

Send it to me, I love the stuff! It REALLY needs to cool before you strike it.

bead-licious 2007-04-11 4:52am

Mine turns a dark orange not while I'm working with it but when the bead is in the kiln. The longer you anneal it, the darker the orange. Hope this helps!

Lynn Larson 2007-04-11 5:08am

Definately needs to cool before striking it. Almost to the point you think it will pop off of the mandrel :D

paintingwithglass 2007-04-11 8:20am

Quote:

Originally Posted by bead-licious (Post 1108756)
Mine turns a dark orange not while I'm working with it but when the bead is in the kiln. The longer you anneal it, the darker the orange. Hope this helps!

really?? then I wonder if you can take the beads that did not strike and put them in the kiln for the next time you work and if they will kiln strike to orange?? that would be a cool experiment.