Lampwork Etc.

Lampwork Etc. (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Maine Area Glass Jam-Memorial Day Weekend-May 23-24--Rockland, ME (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129404)

Playing with Fire! 2009-05-11 10:05pm

Maine Area Glass Jam-Memorial Day Weekend-May 23-24--Rockland, ME

Please Join us for a
Memorial Day Weekend Glass Jam!

May 23-24 ---- Playing with Fire! - Rockland, Maine

Starting at 9:00 am and going 'til we drop on Saturday night, then we do it again on Sunday! :-D Come for just one day, or both days.

We have ten torch stations and a variety of torches to share. Bring techniques, questions, show and tell... Bring your latest book or magazine to share... request a demo, do a demo... It's always a friendly mix of veteran and newbies. Any level of glass working experience welcome... torching, sharing, and a good time with all.

Bring your flameworking glasses, and any glass or tools that you'll want to work with. Glass for sale also. We have studio tools that you're welcome to use. Bring your own torch if you wish (if you have quick-connects). Bring questions and techniques to share.

POT LUCK, both days please! Bring your favorite dishes to share. We'll provide coffee, teas, water, and treats. We have a gas grill on the deck, and a kitchen with range and microwave for cooking and reheating.

Please RSVP - hotglass@midcoast.com 207-594-7805
$20/day - *RSVPs most appreciated, but if you find that you can make it at the last minute, please do.*

Accommodations: The Old Granite Inn offers a 20% off discount to our students/guests, and the Tradeswinds Motor Inn and Navigator Motor Inn offers 15% off the high season. Additional accommodations at http://www.therealmaine.com

Ed & Virginia
Playing with Fire! Glassworks & Gallery
497 Main Street * Rockland, ME 04841
Studio/Hotshop at lower level/harborside www.playingwithfireglassworks.com

Sue in Maine 2009-05-12 4:39am

I'll be there with bells on!!!!!!!!

RSVP'ing next...

I'll bring sweet and sour meatballs.

Sue

Flonche 2009-05-12 5:45am

I'm very tempted!

Sue in Maine 2009-05-12 5:49am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flonche (Post 2492302)
I'm very tempted!

Come on up. You will LOVE us. We are great people... not a bad apple in our bunch! Truly.... well, except for me but everyone deals well with me. lol

The rate overnight at The Navigator is slightly under $60 including taxes. If you find a roommate and get a room with two double beds, it cuts your cost in half. We do this sometimes and stay over, even though I'm easily within driving distance.

Please come... bring beads... bring your glass.... just bring you. This is a very caring and sharing bunch of people.

Looking forward to seeing you- but no pressure, of course!

Sue, Ambassador of enthusiasm!

Trey Cornette 2009-05-12 5:53am

Oh Boy. I sure would like to be there!!!
May is a great month to be in Rockland.
See you all in September:-P

Ed_Slawson 2009-05-12 9:35am

Hi Trey, you are welcome at the studio anytime... we wish you were closer! It must be a good month in Troy too, you are probably a month or so ahead of us into Spring.

-Ed-

Flonche 2009-05-12 12:48pm

Thanks for your kind words, Sue!
I work 6 days a week so I would probably come on Sunday only. I have been drooling over your studio for a long time! Do you happen to have presses that I could try?

abeadgal 2009-05-12 5:55pm

I'm definitely in! Hmmm, what am I going to bring?
I'll figure that one out eventually.

Sue in Maine 2009-05-12 6:24pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flonche (Post 2492754)
I work 6 days a week so I would probably come on Sunday only. I have been drooling over your studio for a long time! Do you happen to have presses that I could try?

It's not my studio, although I'd love to be adopted by it! Ed and Virginia Slawson own it and they are great. They have glass for sale but I don't think they have presses. I have some I can bring for you to try out that day but I don't want to sell them. And I don't think Lunamoonshadow ever comes without her crunch. I have zooziis presses.

I'm planning to be there both days so hope I do get to meet you.... seriously, you will have fun.

Sue

emnsam 2009-05-12 7:06pm

I think Lynn leaves her presses under the counter. And we have some also.

Playing with Fire! 2009-05-12 7:07pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flonche (Post 2492754)

Hi!:waving:

Oh yea! we hope you be able to join us!
There are usually a bunch of presses on the benches at any given time, and I'm sure that everyone will invite you to use them.

Looking forward to meeting you!

Playing with Fire! 2009-05-12 7:14pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sue in Maine (Post 2493057)
It's not my studio, although I'd love to be adopted by it! Ed and Virginia Slawson own it and they are great. They have glass for sale but I don't think they have presses. I have some I can bring for you to try out that day but I don't want to sell them. And I don't think Lunamoonshadow ever comes without her crunch. I have zooziis presses.

I'm planning to be there both days so hope I do get to meet you.... seriously, you will have fun.

Sue

Sue,you are so nice! We've already started the adoption process. The papers should be finalized by Memorial Day!:biggrin:

lunamoonshadow 2009-05-12 7:57pm

Em is right--I DO leave several of my presses under the counter where anyone who wants to use them can feel free--it's not like they get "used up" :lol: (and we all know *I'm* the one who tends to set the handles on fire :roll: so any damage is likely from ME!!!)--I just magic-marker my name on the bottom :D. I've got a toolbox full of shorts from Nikki that lives there too (and yes, a thingy full of frits) that are for "sharing/borrowing" from should anyone need a short for a stringer or whatever...

I'll likely be there on Sunday only as well (gotta work friday/saturday 2-11:30p both days) :pout:....but Sue & Em know where my presses & such hide!! :D

(um....why did I think Memorial Day weekend was the NEXT weekend?? :oops:...I think I scheduled someone to work @ my store who can't :lol:)

Flonche 2009-05-12 8:22pm

Thank you so much all! I will bring some glass and food.

Sue in Maine 2009-05-13 4:49am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Playing with Fire! (Post 2493142)
Sue,you are so nice! We've already started the adoption process. The papers should be finalized by Memorial Day!:biggrin:

MOMMY!!! DADDY!!!

(got my Christmas wish list started!

Your DD SuzieQ

And anyone who actually calls me SUZIE-Q is in BIG BIG TROUBLE! Just so you know!

SuzyQ 2009-05-13 5:25am

Yah,
cause that's MY name!! *hmph!*

SuzyQ 2009-05-13 5:26am

I'm doing my best to be there one day. So RSVP me for Saturday ;)

Sue in Maine 2009-05-13 11:24am

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuzyQ (Post 2493444)
Yah,
cause that's MY name!! *hmph!*

And you are welcome to it! The only two people in my whole life who have called me Suzy Q are my Grandfather and the Chief of Police in Bucksport. Grampa Whitney I can understand but how the the Chief come to do it? No idea but he WAS the Chief so I wasn't going to argue with him! Both have passed on now and the world is a little less shiny without them.

Suzy Q is a nice name but it's not mine.

Sue

Flonche 2009-05-13 2:31pm

Damned! I'm like those congressman in Karen's joke. I just found out that Rockland is a 5-hour drive away from me. Can't make it. I guess I thought it was near Portland:roll:

Playing with Fire! 2009-05-13 6:50pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flonche (Post 2493981)
Damned! I'm like those congressman in Karen's joke. I just found out that Rockland is a 5-hour drive away from me. Can't make it. I guess I thought it was near Portland:roll:

Oh, no! No! Are you sure? We're 1.5 hrs north of Portland, on the coast. It's a nice drive! Hoping you can make it

Playing with Fire! 2009-05-13 6:55pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuzyQ (Post 2493446)
I'm doing my best to be there one day. So RSVP me for Saturday ;)

Hi!:waving:

It's been so long! We'll be looking forward to seeing you!

Sue in Maine 2009-05-14 4:49am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flonche (Post 2493981)

Aw, come on up. For me a great day trip is to Boston and back - and I'm an hour & 15 minutes north of Rockland!

Seriously, come on up. It will be a great adventure and I promise you will love us!

Sue

Sue in Maine 2009-05-14 11:49am

Wuhoo, we might have scored Duane! He may take a ride up from Mass.... I'm certainly encouraging him!

Sue

demcc2 2009-05-14 3:25pm

Hi guys! Yup..I'll make the trek up there. I emailed my RSVP earlier today...along with a couple of questions.

Duane

Sue in Maine 2009-05-15 4:59am

YES!!!!!

Duane, I am very glad you're coming up. Seriously great people up here. They must be- they put up with me! roflmao

Sue

jazze 2009-05-15 4:10pm

Looks like I will miss this one too!

Just had surgery on rotor cuff and have another six weeks with arm in a sling

Sue in Maine 2009-05-15 4:29pm

Ah Jaz,

Hopefully this will fix it and we'll see you next time.... and your cookies! :grin:

Miss you!

Sue

Moonlight Creations 2009-05-15 6:21pm

I'm hoping to see my last patient in Phippsburg on Friday afternoon and haul-ass downeast with a bottle of wine in hand!! Sonje

emnsam 2009-05-16 5:09am

Jazze, It's been so long since we last saw you. A hurting wing is no fun. Heal and hopefully we'll see you for the next glass jam.

We have plenty of stuff to share and play with: presses, frits, enamels, CZ's, etc. All are welcome to experiement with our stash.

Sonje- I forgot how to Kumihimo- can I have a lesson again? My notes are really bad.

I'll be there after work Friday PM. I'll have the van-pool flying back to Rockland, open the door and pushing my riders out to get there fast. :lol:

Emily

Moonlight Creations 2009-05-16 7:07am

Emily - sure, I'll make sure I pack some goodies to Kumihimo! I'm on-call on Sunday but maybe I'll start my day a bit late and leave from Rockland! Sonje