Lampwork Etc.

Lampwork Etc. (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Glass Stock East at Carlisle in New Jersey, 2013! EARLY SIGN UP INFO! (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=235825)

deb c 2012-12-01 8:12pm

Glass Stock East at Carlisle in New Jersey, 2013! EARLY SIGN UP INFO!

Hello all you dear artists!

Time is flying by and the holidays are already here, I hope you all enjoy the season!

Due to demand, we are opening the sign up for Glass Stock East early this year. The dates are October 2nd (Meet and Greet) through October 6th, 2013. We are adding another full day to the event!

Carlisle School of Glass will be opening up the payment links as of Jan 2nd, 2013 for early payments. The early bird does catch fatter worms, the sooner you pay the better selection of classes available. The class titles/artists will be posted by Jan 1st and pictures with descriptions by April 1st. The actual schedule will be up by June 1st and newsletters will start coming by email. Class selection via phone will be mid-July, actual dates and more information will be posted on the Glass Stock East page by Jan 1st as well.

We are making some major changes this year, starting with the new 4 full day format like we have been doing for 10 years in Oregon at GS West. The Meet and Greet will now be on Wed night with all the demonstrations happening that night.
The next 3 days will be 6 classes (instead of 5 like last 2 years) and Sunday will be the glass elimination, drawings and open torches all afternoon! You will get 4 participating torch classes and 2 "demo or other" classes! The cost for 4 full days plus Meet and Greet party, open torch nights, contests and door prizes is only $150 per day!

The featured artists for 2013 are Jodie McDougal (murrini goddess!) and Polly Toombs (boro beg beads to sculptured dragon marbles) you can see their work on the GS West page at debcrowley.com. Also new, enameling with Miki Sipos and Scott Hallam will be teaching boro jewelry sets, ornaments and turtles! We will have Lisa St Martin, Marcy Lamberson, Hugh Salkind, Bill Futer and Deb Crowley (that's me) teaching some new and exciting classes too!

Thank you all for the support over the years of this event! It really does take all of us to make it great, especially the loyal and talented staff, so let me say again a HUGE thank you to them! Hope to see you all there next year, tell your friends and remember payments are being accepted as of January 2nd, 2013 through Carlisle (800-922-1167).

Happy Holidays everyone!
deb and the GSEast 2013 team ;)

RavenBraid 2012-12-21 5:40am

Awesome!! 2011 was a blast, I couldn't make 2012, but hope to see you in 2013!

dehoffa 2012-12-26 8:41am

Great. I won't be able to do GSW this year, so I plan on attending GSE.

deb c 2012-12-29 12:31pm

That is awesome ladies! Ann, we had Mary do the same thing because of dates, she is from CA but came to East. It was SO much fun!

Nina, I was so missing you this year. I am thrilled to see you're coming next year...yay!

Make sure you get your tuition in to Carlisle as soon as you can...we are opening it up way early for payments (on EAST ONLY).

Yippy skippy!
deb ;)

RavenBraid 2013-01-02 7:18am

Just got off the phone, I signed up!

Be forewarned, New Jersey 7% sales tax makes it $642, not just the $600. I wasn't too happy about that kicker.

deb c 2013-01-02 8:43am

Yes, sorry about that Nina! Because it is held in Jersey we have to tax. We did it last year too. Oregon has no sales tax so we haven't worried about it in past for West. Instead of the option of adding a forth torch class for $50 like West (which makes it $600) we are just doing it to begin with, same with West.
Well, if you are first, and probably this early today, you can bet you'll get the best pick of classes ;)
Everyone will get 4 participating torch classes now, with more torch selections and less "other" classes. It still works out to $150 a day for 2 classes a day and open torch, contests, almost all materials (precious metal classes will have small fees), plus tax.

SO glad you're coming back, we sure missed you last year!
Hugs, deb ;)

RavenBraid 2013-01-02 7:31pm

Thanks Deb! It seemed like everyone already knew everyone else when I got there in 2011, but feeling like an oddball a little bit was TOTALLY worth taking the classes and meeting everyone. :) You have no idea how bummed I was in 2012 that I missed it. I'll be looking forward to it all year!

p.s. I LOVE your holiday fishy with the santa hat and candy cane I got on Ebay! ;-)

deb c 2013-01-03 9:08am

Ah Nina, you sweetheart! Everyone feels a little like that the first year, either coast! I LOVED that you just jumped right into things and got the most out of the event. That is why we do demos, just to break that ice!
Thanks for the kudos on the Christmas bass fishy....I didn't do them last year and had requests, made another this year that I listed for requester since you won that one, he was happy too. It was fun to do them again!

I am really happy you are coming back...you were also first to pay so you'll get first pick of classes!
BIG hugs girl!
deb ;)

Cherine Perrin 2013-01-06 3:41pm

I was just looking at this and It sounds like a blast. I've heard such great things about Glass Stock in Oregon. So, the $600 gets you the 4 classes and all that, I'm assuming we pay for our hotels ourselves right?

deb c 2013-01-07 6:44pm

Hi Cherine,
Thanks for inquiring! You get 4 participating torch classes, and 2 "other" classes which could be demos on torch or wire wrap, fusing, etc. Plus you get open torch every night and contests with great prizes and open torch all day Sunday. All this in four full days for $600.
Lodging and meals are not included but at $150 a day it is a bargain for all you learn plus the networking!

Please check out the web page at debcrowley.com and click on GS East for more info and last year's schedule as an example of what might be offered. It is a blast, there really are no bad classes....
Hope to see you there!
deb ;)

dehoffa 2013-01-07 8:29pm

Ok, I'm signing up tomorrow. I didn't realize the classes were being assigned already.

dehoffa 2013-01-08 11:12am

OK I'm all paid up and ready to go. Yippee!!!

LisaSt.Martin 2013-01-08 11:38am

Glass Stock - Yeah!!

Can't wait!

I'm working on several new classes for East this year. I'm so excited Deb invited me to teach at West...yeah

Lisa

Lisa St. Martin

deb c 2013-01-08 2:58pm

Great Lisa, anything you teach rocks! The staff at West is so excited you're coming, the attendees are thrilled too...I better get a lot of dichro ;)

See you in Vegas sweetie!
deb ;)

deb c 2013-01-12 4:10pm

Ann, got your confirmation from Carlisle....I am thrilled to have Carlisle's help with sign up!
Makes it easy for attendees to pay anytime too.
No one has picked classes yet, just taking tuition. But you are high up on the list since you paid now so you will get to pick right when selection starts! See web page on my site for class selection dates via phone. Same as last year...you will get 2 calls and you get 4 participating torch and 2 other, a total of 6 classes, 1 more than last year! Way more info on GS East page.
deb ;)

dehoffa 2013-01-13 10:27am

Two classes said full - so I thought picking had alrady started.

Great to hear I"m near the top. This is going to be a good year all around!

deb c 2013-01-13 5:30pm

Sorry for the confusion Ann, that is last year's schedule. New classes and schedule will be posted by March 25th, we are still accepting class proposals. The only thing set in stone are the posted featured artists and staff updated for 2013. The staff will be teaching at least half or more new classes too!
The line up is looking stellar again this year!
Can't wait to see you all again!
deb ;)

deb c 2013-01-20 12:48pm

Our tech master Hugh will be offering a perfume bottle blowing class this year. If you always wanted to try tubing here is your chance!

Class submissions still being accepted until March 15th if you would like to teach!
deb

dehoffa 2013-02-06 7:41pm

So how many are signed up? I'm ready to see the line-up. I've been doing a bit of boro, my is it easier to do leaves and fish!

I may convert!

AVTrout 2013-02-12 5:33pm

Question - is this an event where people can just come in and shop, or do you only get entry if you pay the $642?

deb c 2013-02-16 8:44pm

Hi Alexis, Thanks for asking! For the tuition you get 6 half day classes, open torch every night, entry into contests (optional), a T-Shirt, most all supplies plus lots of cool demos. Also, lots to buy at Carlisle School of Glass! Pretty much everything except lodging and food. The great inspiration and family atmosphere are priceless ;)

The classes for this year will be posted by March 25th for all of you to agonize over until class selection!

Hope we see you there,
deb and the GS East team

deb c 2013-02-23 10:02am

Whoops, Ann, don't know how I missed your question, sorry! The class line up goes up next month...I am waiting for last few class submissions. The line up is almost complete with a lot of new classes and 4 new instructors! The rest of us are offering several new classes as well.
Yes, boro is much easier to sculpt with, glad you've tried the hard-side...it opens up a lot of new class choices for you ;)
Can't wait!!!
Hugs, deb ;)

deb c 2013-03-22 4:07pm

Hi all of you East coast sweeties!
The classes for Glass Stock East are now posted for 2013! Go to debcrowley.com and click on Glass Stock East page. There are a few pictures still coming resized, for the most part all of the information is now there. A great line up with lots of new teachers and new classes!

I leave for Las Vegas for the Glass Craft Expo on the first of April and then some precious time off in sunniness! I will have the schedule of times for classes posted by the 25th of April.

Glassy goodness awaits!
deb ;)

dehoffa 2013-03-22 8:12pm

This looks terrific. Is it October.

deb c 2013-03-22 8:52pm

I know...great line up Ann! Can't wait either! ;)

deb c 2013-04-01 11:08am

All classes are up, make sure to sign up soon to get the best class selection! You can see more details on debcrowley.com and click on GS East page.

Ok everyone, I am off for Vegas show to teach and then 8 glorious days off, woohoo!
Keep an eye on this thread for questions and field what you can please!

Back in a few weeks!
xoxo deb ;)

deb c 2013-04-25 10:23am

Hi all, it was a GLORIOUS time in Vegas, the show was fabulous...and the extra 9 days off was wonderful!
Did an etched window in Portland on way home and landed back here a couple days ago to a dead PC ;(. Well, new PC being built and should have it tomorrow, can't wait to have a newer one anyway, it was 5 years old!

Will catch up more in a week or two but hope to see some of you I met in Vegas coming to GS East! If you need more info I can send you a newsletter, just PM me.

Off to garden today...it is beautiful outside!
Hugs! deb ;)

deb c 2013-06-11 6:53pm

Just a quick reminder that class selection is the last weekend in June! Hope you are all perusing the fabulous classes and are getting ready with first and second choices for each time slot!

Talk to you all in about 2 weeks!
woohoo! deb ;)

deb c 2013-06-28 9:18am

Hi all, class selection is tomorrow! Please have several selections for each time slot. We will start calling at 10 am PST.

deb ;)

jaybee766 2013-06-30 4:41am

Got my classes! Woohoo. I'm boldly going where I haven't gone before....class-wise that is :-) Can't wait to see the gang and meet new friends!